The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Comedy

Saft · 6 · 996

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Comedy?  What is this comedy you speaketh of Saft?  

I do like comedy as much as the next person.  Sometimes though I do not fully appreciate or 'get' the humour but over all I rather watch it than other 'alternatives'.  

Are there any comedians that you like?
I like:

Oh warning, some language may be offensive...it is typical english humour...sarcastic and ironic...
Michael McIntyre

Russell Howard

I apologize if the links do not work in your area.  Youtube always has alternatives so just search yourself if you are interested.:p

Please provide links...so that people do know who you are talking about.

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/femoman
Eh, to be honest, I'm not a huge fan of comedians. Maybe it's just British humour, I dunno.

I'm more a fan of more simple comedy: slapstick, puns, funny voices, etc. Marx Brothers is more my style.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Most of my favorite comedians are either dead or in their twilight years now.  I'll just put a list down of all my favorites:

Red Skelton
Bob Hope
Don Rickles
Jeff Foxworthy
Bill Engvall
The Marx Brothers
Benny Hill
Abbot & Costello

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
None.  I don't find any comedian funny.  And I've seen quite a lot of them.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Wow, I can't imagine life without humor.  It would be miserable beyond imagination :bang.  Anyhoo, I'm into mostly stupid and bizarre humor (i.e. slapstick, crude, farce, etc.) and stand-up comedy.  The only humor I really don't like is parody.  My favorite comedians are, in no particular order:

*Larry, Curly, Shemp, and Moe Howard aka The Three Stooges (depending on year of episode release, it was either Curly or Shemp)
*Larry the Cable Guy
*Jim Carrey
*Bill Engvall
*Jeff Foxworthy
*Chris Farley
*Robin Williams
*Norm MacDonald
*Sinbad
*Abbott and Costello
*John Candy (R.I.P)

I really wish I could add some females to this list.  However, so-called comedians like Kathy Griffin and Chelsea Handler do not represent the female comedian population in my opinion.  I really hope someday soon more females will come out as funny as, if not funnier, than these guys :idea.

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
^
Aye, I know what you mean with female comedians.  

My sister and I watched Russel Howard's Good News last night and he had a stand up as a guest.  By the gods, she was so not humorous.  Perhaps it is down to personal taste (which is plausible) but I have never come across a female comedian that I have fully liked....