The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Art Update: Dwelling of the Fairy Folk - Up#1

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net
This is the first major art update that I'm doing while in mid progress of the current piece. Below you will find a series of small thumbnails, starting with the entire page so that you may get an idea of how I'm doing this. The current thumbnails are drawn on a single page from a composition notebook. Enjoy!

Full Layout:

10-30-08:

10-31-08:

01-29-09:

01-31-09:

02-02-09:

02-06-09:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 Wow, those look very good! It seems you are gaining lots of experience about drawing, that's awesome.
 Keep it up!

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Its a shame you didn't do it on white, plain paper so you can add color and all that.  Looks way too good to be done on lined paper.

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net
Quote from: Petrie,Feb 9 2009 on  06:50 AM
Its a shame you didn't do it on white, plain paper so you can add color and all that.  Looks way too good to be done on lined paper.
They serve as nothing more than penciled thumbnails (drafts of the art to come). Eventually I'll have a colored version done on a plain white index card, then another slightly more larger sheet of paper. I'll keep going until I'm satisfied with the thumbnails and go for the large final piece which will be a mixed medium of oil paints and special (expensive hard to find) colored pencils.

I may save up money and do the final piece on one of those expensive mega sized canvases, which would give me more room for all that awesome detail! =D

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
So they are like the storyboards animated and some live action stuff do?  It looked sorta like that to me.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 I think so, maybe that is the way Aves has to organize his ideas, drawing everywhere as the ideas come in. Besides, if he can draw like that in any paper, then we can just wait what he can really do in a clean paper :DD .