The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Humphrey's Nightmare

Simba King Of Pride Rock

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://madagascarpalace87.proboards.com/
Ok, my girlfriend and I decided to cancel our idea because we had some friendly disagreements on how to handle it. Now, I will only do oneshots from now on.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Humphrey's Nightmare

Humphrey stood at Kate's side as she was bringing their pups into the world. He was ready to be a dad, and very excited. Nearby lay Winston, Eve, Tony, Garth, Lilly, Salty, Mooch, Shakey, Reba, Sweets, Candy and the rest of the pack. Humphrey gazed into Kate's eyes.

"You're almost there, gorgeous," he said, caressing her head with his left front paw.

However, the joy was not to last. As the pups were getting closer to coming into the world, everything went horribly wrong. Kate's pain became even more intense. Her eyes began to close and her screaming became even louder.

"Humphrey!" she shouted.

Humphrey was there, trying to comfort her, trying to help her. The others did as well. However, it was no use. Kate groaned in misery. She knew that it would be over in moments.

"Humphrey...I truly, deeply love you..." she said, her voice a pained whisper.

And with that, Kate's eyes closed and she died. Humphrey put his ear to her heart, hoping for even a faint sign of life. There was nothing. Kate was dead, for real this time.

"NO!" Humphrey shouted.

And that was when the fun-loving former omega awoke with a sudden, loud shout. Kate was woken up by the sound.

"Humphrey, what's wrong?" she asked in a groggy voice.

Humphrey gave a sigh of relief.

"Kate! Your alive!" he said excitedly.

Kate gave her mate a strange look.

"Did you just have a nightmare?" she asked.

Humphrey nodded.

"You died delivering our pups," he stated.

Kate placed a paw on her belly, knowwing that she would have her pups any day now. She then placed her paw to the side of Humphrey's face in a comforting manner.

"It was just a nightmare, my love. As you can see, I am very much alive," she said in a comforting tone.

Humphrey's heart was slowing its pounding.

"I don't want it to become real," he said, trying to keep the tears from his eyes.

"It won't. Sleep, Humphrey. You need it," she said.

Kate then went back to sleep. Humphrey did so as well after a few minutes. However, the nightmare was never far from his mind the rest of the night. It would only be banished with the first light of dawn.