The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Asking LBT production crew members for information

Hypno · 358 · 49412

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Thank you for changing the topic name!  :)

I know he had "Rescue Sequence" sharptooth theme at the end of LBT 10 because I KNOW I listened to it before on Israel Barber's old TwinSanityUniverse YouTube channel. I want to know what happened to that track, and the LBT 2 sharptooth theme, along with the complete LBT 3 sharptooth theme as well.

Could you specify what you meant by saying "what happened" to the tracks before i write the message, Hypnobrai?

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
Well I'm not sure how Israel Barber got it; I'm assuming it was him who asked Michael Tavera for the soundtracks, and he had Rescue Sequence. Maybe he doesn't anymore.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Ludichris said in his music project that Tavera had provided him with every track he possessed.  :unsure:

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I know it's strange. I asked Israel Barber about where the LBT 2 sharptooth theme was and he told me Michael Tavera didn't have it when he asked. I don't know when he did.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, here's my draft of the message. Hypnobrai, are you sure that the sharptooth music you're talking about isn't on Ludichris' project? They might not have been on Barber's YT channel but Ludichris has a lot more songs than Barber had (I saw his channel too).

Greetings, Mr. Tavera! My name is ----- and I’m writing on behalf of several members of the Gang of Five, a fansite dedicated to the Land Before Time. We are very grateful of all the great work you’ve done to the franchise, with great songs such as the Night Flowers and your instrumental version of If We Hold on Together. We’d like to know more about your versions of the original film’s soundtrack, such as the before-mentioned piece and the Secret of Saurus Rock’s battle scene music (we noticed that the piece from the Discovery of the Great Valley used on the sixth film’s first sharptooth scene sounded different there than James Horner’s original version), for example.

Also, the song “Best Time” that you very kindly sent to our fellow member, Ludichris, a few years ago brings intriguing questions. Why was this particular song cut from the film (judging by its melody, we’d suspect it was intended for the Wisdom of Friends), and were there possibly any other tracks or scenes cut from the films that you know of? Also, there seems to be some tracks that weren’t included in the tracks you gave to Ludichris (for example, some sharptooth scenes in the second and third films).  And finally, if you are allowed to tell about it, would you have any information concerning the possible LBT XV? It’s been over a year since the Journey of the Brave was released so there’s a good chance that the next film could be in production if it is being made.

We would value any answers you’d be willing to share with us! Very little is known about the production of the sequels and any new information would be greatly appreciated!

Best regards

-----

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
one correction I'd make is this here....

would you have any information concerning the possible LBT XV?
I'd write smth like: "... concerning a possible continuation of the franchise?"

Otherwise, this is good!  ^^spike
Inactive, probably forever.

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Very good message! But what about LBT XIV's tracks? We don't have them.

Listening to LBT 3's sharptooth theme now, in the movie. There's definitely missing parts from the one he gave to Ludichris.
Such missing parts include similar parts of the first 18 seconds in it (though they sound different, and one is short), a very dark sounding theme where the raptors wake up from the rock collapse, and a LOT of fast-paced late-track fight music.
I'd say the track would be almost twice as long if it had the missing parts.

A lot of this missing music is also in LBT 5 when the Plated Sharptooth attacks, particularly the start, which is a similar-sounding version of the first 18 seconds of the track, but IS different. A lot of the missing fight music (all of the missing fight music, actually) is in the Plates Vs Sharptooth's parents battle.

Well, here's my draft of the message. Hypnobrai, are you sure that the sharptooth music you're talking about isn't on Ludichris' project? They might not have been on Barber's YT channel but Ludichris has a lot more songs than Barber had (I saw his channel too).
No, I'm sure there's missing tracks. I have Ludichris' scores downloaded too and I listened to them.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
As much as I'd like to see JOTB tracks added to Ludichris' music project, I think in that case there would be too many questions at once and the message could get pretty overwhelming. Also, I probably wouldn't be qualified to do other peoples' projects just like that. We'll see what Tavera says about those "lost racks".

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
in LBT 8, everything from the moment on Spike is seen walking with the far walkers through the storm while the wind carries Ducky's voice over to him, is not included either  :unsure:
Inactive, probably forever.

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Maybe it was in a previous movie? :unsure:

I'm very confused as to how the LBT 2 sharptooth is missing. The whole thing! I have to listen to it in the movie, something that can get annoying :angry:

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
No. The first video is the LBT 3 and 5 version (and it's missing a lot of music).

The second video is that same theme from the first video mixed with Ibarber's Garage Band mix of the first minute of the LBT 2 theme, but it doesn't sound the same due to the limitations of Garage Band.

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
oh ok, thank you for explanation.

I just made quick check in first seconds of Chomper's parents encounter from LBT2 before posting links. There were tunes, so I thought it's full versions.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Greetings, Mr. Tavera! My name is ----- and I’m writing on behalf of several members of the Gang of Five, a fansite dedicated to the Land Before Time. We are very grateful of all the great work you’ve done to the franchise, with great songs such as the Night Flowers and your instrumental version of If We Hold on Together. We’d like to know more about your versions of the original film’s soundtrack, such as the before-mentioned piece and the Secret of Saurus Rock’s battle scene music (we noticed that the piece from the Discovery of the Great Valley used on the sixth film’s first sharptooth scene sounded different there than James Horner’s original version), for example.

Also, the song “Best Time” that you very kindly sent to our fellow member, Ludichris, a few years ago brings intriguing questions. Why was this particular song cut from the film (judging by its melody, we’d suspect it was intended for the Wisdom of Friends even if the narration sounds like the second film), and were there possibly any other tracks or scenes cut from the films that you know of? Also, there seems to be some tracks that weren’t included in the tracks you gave to Ludichris (for example, some sharptooth scenes in the second and third films). What happened to these tracks? And finally, if you are allowed to tell about it, do you have any information concerning the possible continuation to the franchise? It’s been over a year since the Journey of the Brave was released so there’s a good chance that the next film could be in production if it is being made.

We would value any answers you’d be willing to share with us! Very little is known about the production of the sequels and any new information would be greatly appreciated!

P.S Would it be possible to ask you share the Journey of the Brave tracks with us to keep Ludichris’ project up to date?

Best regards

----

Well, I modified the message somewhat according to your suggestions, changing the question about LBT 15 and asking about where the "lost tracks" are.  :) I also added the question about the JOTB songs but I think I should have Ludichris' content if I want to ask him to update his project.  :unsure:

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Change "second and third films" to "second, third and tenth films" because there's a whole sharptooth track missing in X.
Otherwise, I think the message is finished :)
I guess you could send this tomorrow if you think it's done, minus the minor change that should be made. :yes

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, the message has been sent. I really hope we'll get an answer this time.  :)

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm working on composing the LBT 2 sharptooth theme in Musescore if he doesn't have it.
Ducky123 and Action9000 will be helping me :yes

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
That's a great project! I'm happy you have help with recomposing that track and I'm looking forward to hearing it!  :)

And, to my great and positive surprise, Tavera already sent me the JOTB tracks!  :wow Here's
Here's the link to downloading them. I received no further answers but this alone is a major success.  :yes My great thank you to Tavera for sharing these! And Ludichris, you're free to add these to your project whenever you please.  :smile

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Wow, something that fast! This is good news :yes
Hopefully he writes his answer to the rest soon! :D

Edit: Uh, your real name's here.
Edit 2: Maybe Tavera will get back to you at a later date, maybe that's why he said "Have an awesome day!"?