The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Land Before Time Toys

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
We are all familiar with the Pizza Hut hand puppet collection that was released with the original film.

Burger King also had a six figure line including Chomper inspired by TLBT.

Besides these two are you aware of any other toy lines of our favourite characters?
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
On Amazon you can get the whole Gang of Seven from the TV Series:

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
This is what I've been able to collect so far on LBT toys:
https://lbtcollection.weebly.com/toys.html
https://lbtcollection.weebly.com/plushies.html
https://lbtcollection.weebly.com/figures.html
https://lbtcollection.weebly.com/puzzles.html

I'm guessing the "Figures" page would be most relevant for what you are looking for!

I am still in the process of fully updating the website, so some info might be lacking, but I am willing to hunt things down for you :)

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
In addition to what other people have already mentioned, there was also the Escape from Red Claw game that had some very nicely detailed figures (Littlefoot, Cera, Ducky, Chomper, and Red Claw) as playing pieces.

Also, missing in the "plushies" section of your website @Mumbling are the Littlefoot and Ali plushies from the "Land Before Time Collection" line. The one I found a picture of below is Littlefoot, but Ali is the exact same plushie with green eyes instead of brown.

There's also a Tricia plush, obviously a recolored version of the TV show Cera plush. (And I think she talks? Says "I love you" according to an eBay listing I saw before.)

A couple of Ruby plushies out there, too, both of them from Europe if I'm not mistaken. One of them is pretty show-accurate, and the other is almost chibi-ish:

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Thanks for those images, Rainbow! I didn't know there was a Ruby plush, very cool.

Yeah the website is far from complete. I have about 100 pictures ready to go, but I need to decide what category they go into, what to write with them, and I have to still reorganize some of the older content that I put on the website back in 2009/2010. Something for a rainy day..... Or a boring quarantine day ;)

I did update the website today to now include all figurines/board games that I could find.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 03:00:29 PM by Mumbling »

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Wow. I had no idea these existed.

Are the Playmate's toys still available on Amazon? I've checked but couldn't find them.

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
@NewOrder I don't think they're still there. They were released way back in 2007, so eBay's probably your best bet. (That's where I got my set a while back!) :DD

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I think @Sovereign  would like that Ruby Plushie. :)

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
The Ruby plushies were actually fairly easy to get on eBay at one point, or at least that chibi-ish one was (I snagged it for less than $30). I don't think sellers were realizing how rare the character was. I don't know if Ruby still pops up on there ever or not...it's been a while since I checked out LBT on eBay. (*adds to my to-do list*) :thinking

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
The Ruby plushies were actually fairly easy to get on eBay at one point, or at least that chibi-ish one was (I snagged it for less than $30). I don't think sellers were realizing how rare the character was. I don't know if Ruby still pops up on there ever or not...it's been a while since I checked out LBT on eBay. (*adds to my to-do list*) :thinking

Ruby is rare (pun intended). As if a quality grade Chomper plushie. Sigh. I did not capitalize on buying plushies when the series was airing. I missed out.  :areyouserious

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Ruby is rare (pun intended). As if a quality grade Chomper plushie. Sigh. I did not capitalize on buying plushies when the series was airing. I missed out.  :areyouserious

I didn't get a Chomper until after the series was over, either, and I ended up (literally) paying quite a bit for that mistake. :sducky

The Playmates Chompers are definitely the nicest-looking ones out there. I have both the talking (open mouth) and non-talking (closed mouth) versions, both of which are very nicely made. Funny, though, I didn't really like the Playmates plushies of Littlefoot, Cera, or Ducky. :p (And where in the world were Spike and Petrie?? Ducky with no Spike--how could you be so cruel???)

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile

I didn't get a Chomper until after the series was over, either, and I ended up (literally) paying quite a bit for that mistake. :sducky

The Playmates Chompers are definitely the nicest-looking ones out there. I have both the talking (open mouth) and non-talking (closed mouth) versions, both of which are very nicely made. Funny, though, I didn't really like the Playmates plushies of Littlefoot, Cera, or Ducky. :p (And where in the world were Spike and Petrie?? Ducky with no Spike--how could you be so cruel???)

Ebay has some Plushie Petries, but you are right, I haven’t seen a Spike! :o

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

I swear, too, that there's no such thing as a good Petrie plushie. None of them are accurately colored, and few even resemble him much at all. :(petrie And how about that weird "Trick or Treat" one...um, what?? It's like they were interpreting him as a bat or something! :lol

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile

I swear, too, that there's no such thing as a good Petrie plushie. None of them are accurately colored, and few even resemble him much at all. :(petrie And how about that weird "Trick or Treat" one...um, what?? It's like they were interpreting him as a bat or something! :lol

What offends me most is there is no OG Sharptooth Plushie! RAWR!

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
@NewOrder I don't think they're still there. They were released way back in 2007, so eBay's probably your best bet. (That's where I got my set a while back!) :DD

It would be weird if they were still being sold there twelve years later. I guess I'll have to resort to eBay, then. Too bad I didn't know these existed back in the day.

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Now that you mention it, it is weird that they never made any sharpteeth, original sharptooth or otherwise. :thudstonk When I was little, I was stuck chasing my plush Gang of Five with generic T. rex toys...sigh.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile

Now that you mention it, it is weird that they never made any sharpteeth, original sharptooth or otherwise. :thudstonk When I was little, I was stuck chasing my plush Gang of Five with generic T. rex toys...sigh.

Its a Sharpspiracy! I think the plushie makers are anti-sharpteeth! #sharpteethlivesmatter

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason

Its a Sharpspiracy! I think the plushie makers are anti-sharpteeth! #sharpteethlivesmatter

Well, Pizza Hut made a Sharptooth hand puppet. It's quite big.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile

Well, Pizza Hut made a Sharptooth hand puppet. It's quite big.

True. But no plushies.  :evilsmile

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
Growing up I never believed there was a chance that LBT toys were a thing. To learn about it now is kind of neat. :)littlefoot