The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
There's a new movie coming out this Thanksgiving that's inspired by Fred Rogers and his beloved children's television show Mister Rogers' Neighborhood. Tom Hanks will be starring as Fred Rogers in the movie. This movie will be premiered at the Toronto International Film Festival on September 7, 2019 and on November 22, 2019 in the United States according to Wikipedia.

Here's the trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VLEPhfEN2M

I haven't discovered Fred Rogers or his show until a few days ago actually, and it was love at first sight. His voice is so soothing, his heart and soul is pure, and he's a very open-minded, friendly, and optimistic guy. I don't think there's enough positive words to describe that man. He has inspired children and adults for over 50 years now, and his legacy is something that will never be forgotten. When I see all the controversy, chaos, violence, racism, and hatred all over the news everyday, I now wonder how the world could be if we all strive to be like Fred Rogers. It was sad to see him pass away so soon due to stomach cancer, but all we can do now is pass on his wisdom to future generations. You know you made an excellent children's program when it appeals not just to children, but also adults who can also relate to the things he presents. I also love how he talks about adult matters to children, such as divorce, death, assassination, and other subjects. It prepares them for the frightening things that they will inevitably hear of when they grow older and they'll be better off because of it. Fred Rogers is quite literally, everyone's role model if you think about it.

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...