The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Rocketman

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Rocketman, the film about Elton John.  I do admit that I like some of his music.  He is very talented, and deserves every penny he gets.

Anyways, this movie took me a bit to get to for several reasons.  I will not share them, but I will only say that those reasons forced me to get the movie twice.  Not a fun thing to deal with.

I will say that I find the rating of R for this movie to be biased.  From what I saw, it felt more like a PG-13 movie. (This is only the second time I felt this way about a movie.  Then again, I haven't seen many R rated movies, so I don't know how much of a problem this is.) I have a feeling that it was given that R rating because the film was more open with Elton John's homosexual relationship.  I guess I shouldn't be too surprised if that is the case.  I mean, the MPAA rating board is filled with old farts who probably still can't accept this sort of thing.  It just feels like an insult to give it that rating.

I thoroughly enjoyed this.  I like how it opened with Elton John walking into a meeting where he could be open about himself.  I did question the costume he was wearing, but I felt that the film would explain that.

This is a good movie.  I do encourage others to see it if they can.  It probably wasn't worth getting twice, but I'm glad I saw it.