The Gang of Five
Howdy, everyone!

The member joining awards for 2019, 2020, and 2021 have been posted. We admins would like to thank each and every one of you who have made the forum their home over these years. It is because of people like you that the forum is the welcoming place that it is. :)

The forum supporter awards for those who maintained the forum on Patreon in 2023 will also be up shortly. Again, thank you all for what you do to keep our little corner of the Internet online!

Here's a weird one: Serendipity (1991)

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Here's an older VHS movie I remember watching as a little kid (5-8 years old, I suppose) and loving it.  Has anyone here ever heard of this before, out of curiousity?  I barely even remember what it was about, now.  I'm almost tempted to buy this, just for the hell of it. :lol
http://www.amazon.com/Serendipity-Pink-Dra...8652271&sr=8-20
http://www.amazon.com/Serendipity-Pink-Dra...8652271&sr=8-20

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I remember this movie.
Yay! :lol:

I was reminded of this movie when I saw "Water Horse" yesterday.  Water Horse wasn't that great (unfortunately) but its concept was somewhat similar to this one in some respects (boy finds mysterious egg which hatches into a creature which becomes his best friend).

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Sorry.  I've never even heard of this movie.  Perhaps it was more popular in the eastern states and Canada.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
When I saw it, I lived in Illinois. I had dad rent it constantly from the Alpha Park Library in..Pekin I believe. I can't remember much of it, but I remember I used to enjoy it.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Sorry. I've never even heard of this movie. Perhaps it was more popular in the eastern states and Canada.
Don't worry; there are a lot of people who have never heard of this one.  It isn't even on IMDB!  I had to hit up Amazon to confirm that it even existed and that it wasn't a figment of my imagination. :lol

[edit] That's it, I'm submitting an application to IMDB to add this movie!

Hey, guess what I found on youtube:
The opening theme!  This song has been stuck in my head for too many years.  Maybe I can finally get it out! :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbSIsDRiuTw
[/edit]

Timehopper

• Spike
    • View Profile
I remember watching this movie a long time ago! :D  When I checked the site and saw the VHS cover, I remember it. Can't remember exactly what it's about though (I believe that it's about a boy who befriends a Dragon and together they experience many adventures -- at least from when I saw it as a kid).

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Timehopper,Apr 21 2008 on  11:54 AM
I remember watching this movie a long time ago! :D  When I checked the site and saw the VHS cover, I remember it. Can't remember exactly what it's about though (I believe that it's about a boy who befriends a Dragon and together they experience many adventures -- at least from when I saw it as a kid).
I thought that was "Pete's Dragon," but I could be wrong :rolleyes:  :lol.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I thought that was "Pete's Dragon," but I could be wrong .
Pete's Dragon was similar, except the boy lived in a town instead of being stranded on an island, I believe.

Timehopper

• Spike
    • View Profile
Really? "Pete's Dragon" never popped up into my mind when thinking about "Serendipity."

I believe that the plot is different.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The plot is different, for sure.  I haven't seen Pete's Dragon in so long that I don't remember its plot.  I was just comparing that they both featured the main characters: a boy and his dragon-ish friend, and that Pete's Dragon was in an urban setting while Serendipity took place on an island.

Also, Pete's Dragon was live-action while Serendipity was animated...There are quite a lot of differences, actually.  I don't recall Pete's Dragon well enough to have much else to say about it. :p

Sorry for the confusion; my last post probably wasn't worded very clearly. :slap

Timehopper

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: action9000,Apr 22 2008 on  05:47 PM
The plot is different, for sure.  I haven't seen Pete's Dragon in so long that I don't remember its plot.  I was just comparing that they both featured the main characters: a boy and his dragon-ish friend, and that Pete's Dragon was in an urban setting while Serendipity took place on an island.

Also, Pete's Dragon was live-action while Serendipity was animated...There are quite a lot of differences, actually.  I don't recall Pete's Dragon well enough to have much else to say about it. :p

Sorry for the confusion; my last post probably wasn't worded very clearly. :slap
True, the two movies do have the same plot line, although both movies have different settings and I think different adventures.