The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What games bring out the most nostalgia for you?

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Like the topic title says, what video games, even if they're not necessarily your all time favorites bring out cases of nostalgia for you?

For me, I have great memories of:

Crash Team Racing
Spyro 2 Ripto's Rage and Spyro Year of the Dragon
Klonoa 2 Lunatea's Veil
Final Fantasy VII and VIII
Road Trip
Muppet RaceMania
Chocobo Racing
Ridge Racer Type 4
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4
Muppets Party Cruise

Karmarsi

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://karmarsi-kedamoki.deviantart.com
Rocky rodent for the super nintendo. Never beat it, still haven't even when playing on a rom. wut :c

There's also Sonic the hedgehog 2, mostly because of a very fond memory of when I was little with mom

And spyro. lol

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Pokemon Red/Blue - Yes, I got them the day they came out, and I couldn't stop playing them the moment I got them. I spent endless days playing these games, training my Pokemon, battling and trading with my friends, finding the cheat code for infinite rare candies, etc... I still have them and look back on them every now and them. I completed Red fully but never Blue for some odd reason.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Pokemon silver/gold
Redcat
Bumpy.

I didn't have many games as a kid.

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
The game that has the most nostalgia for me is Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars. It was the first turn-based RPG I ever saw and ever played, and it started my craze into that genre. I remember the night very clearly. I was around nine years old, and my family was throwing a party. A friend of mine came over and brought that game with him. He let me play on his file, so long as I promised not to save. I was as clueless as can be. I started off at one of the last levels, Boswer’s Keep after Smithy took over. It was that room with six doors, each having a set of challenges. I ended up in a string of battles, and I just started using all the items he had saved up. Even though it was around fourteen years ago, I’ll never forget him getting annoyed and saying, “You don’t need three red essences for one jellyfish.” (A red essence makes you invulnerable for three turns.)

I went on to buy that game and it was the first RPG I ever beat. I played PokÈmon Red next, playing it even more than SMRPG, but that SNES game is what got me started on the whole turn-based genre. Though it’s not my favorite game, it is my favorite game for the SNES. The memories it holds are priceless. I beat that game so many times. Now I can go through without any game overs and without buying a single Pick Me Up (an item used to resurrect a fallen ally). From sleeping in a hotel too long without having enough money so having to work it off, to killing an evil wedding cake, that game has memory after memory embedded into my head. It even inspired a fan fiction I wrote on fanfiction.net about an underappreciated character, and my favorite one in the game at that, Punchinello. When it comes to gaming nostalgia, I think of Super Mario RPG, no contest.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Anything Mario related from the NES and Super NES eras.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
- Kingdom Hearts I and II
- Banjo Kazooie
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
- Pokemon Red and Blue (I remember being so thrilled when I got the gameboy pocket and one of those games :lol look at the awesome Pokemon games they have out now :lol:)
- Halo: Combat Evolved
- Halo 3 (Not that long ago, but man I had good times playing it with my friend)
- The Sims 1 (One of the most nostalgic games for me. Still love it to death :p)
- The Sims Online (This was basically the Sims 1 but online, it was so much fun. Too bad they took it down :()
- Earthbound (Anybody who hasn't played this game is missing out on what could possibly be the greatest RPG ever created)
- Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare (PC version. This game has the scariest music out of any other game I have ever played [including the Silent Hills]).
- Sim City for the SNES
- Goldeneye for the N64 (I remember when this was the only game me and my friend would ever play :DD)
- Silkroad (My first MMORPG that I really stuck with and got far in. Had a lot of fun in it, level grinding for hours on end :lol)
- Champions: Return to Arms (For the PS2. I can't count the amount of hours me and my friend put into this game's co-op.)

Now as for my most nostalgic game, I really didn't even have to think about it:

RPG Maker 1 for the Playstation. Out of all the games I've played in my lifetime, none of them I remember so fondly as this one. A game where you become the creator of an RPG with limitless possibilities. I remember so well the multitude of ideas for games I used to dream up. I remember my memory cards being filled up to the max with all unfinished games that I planned on finishing. The game is nothing short of a masterpiece, and even to this day, I still pick the game up and begin designing an rpg, in the hopes that I may actually finish one one day.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Now, much to my surprise and delight, I just read that Square Enix is making a sequel to Chocobo Racing on the 3DS.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Dunno really. I kinda just get these cravings for nostalgia games every now and again. Coz I've got so much flippin' coursework I haven't really been gaming much of late but at the mo, with some wickid AAA titles out this month, not feeling that need for a dip in yesteryear