The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

How often do you go to the grocery store?

oogaboo · 20 · 1821

oogaboo

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I try to go to the grocery store once a week but at times it may end up being twice a week. It may also depend on how much food I buy too. Luckily, I don't have too many money constraints so I can buy a hefty amount of food.

And what is the most common thing that you buy from that certain grocery store?
Mine would have to be water. Gotta have aqua :spit

Adder

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyBlueAOFW
Very very very rarely.

Most common thing I buy when I do go? Movies. :smile

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Quite a bit. The food at home is usually stocked up, but my fam tends to go there a lot. And I sometimes like to shop for them.

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Regualrly. My dad tends to go every saturday or sunday.

Karmarsi

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://karmarsi-kedamoki.deviantart.com
Monthly or every 3 weeks. Mother doesn't spend her money on food but twilight cards and cigarettes. It leaves the fridge and cabinets quite empty :c

EDIT - Though we did go yesterday and bought lots of meat. Mom's gonna make me meatloaf! <3 Now if only she'd make steak and crab / lobster

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
fairly frequently at least twice a week to buy food.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I go weekly for fresh items (salad fixings and fruit) because they don't last very long.

Now as for buying water, I'd say your nuts to spend on something you are already paying for to come out of your tap, unless your tap water is really bad.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
^ This by the way is something I have been wondering about. What is the quality of the tap water at your places (everybody)? Do you drink it?
Over here controls of tab water are the strictest of any comestible; stricter in fact as the controls of the mineral water that is sold on the stores. I'm drinking it every day.
I did so too when I was in the states in 2002. By comparison I think there was distinctly more chlorine in the tab water in Minnesota, but it was quite drinkable.

I go to the grocery store not quite every day, but somewhat more frequently than every second. I guess going there daily with occasional one or very rarely two days interruption sums it up. With the grocery store being just a few hundred meters away there is hardly any need for me to stockpile to avoid any far shopping trips.

oogaboo

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Now as for buying water, I'd say your nuts to spend on something you are already paying for to come out of your tap, unless your tap water is really bad.
Unfortunately it is. In fact, here in Florida we have chemicals that won't exactly kill us but won't re-hydrate us either. We can still take a shower and wash our face but we can't drink too much of it. So instead we drink distilled water for 65 cents. We don't buy spring or bottled water for  $1.39.

What is the quality of the tap water at your places (everybody)? Do you drink it?
Here is a  pollution list

And here is useful info about bottled water and tap water

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, I currently work in a grocery store, so I try to pick up items I may need either during my break or after my shift has ended.  Since I buy mostly fresh and/or organic goods, I need to get groceries at least weekly since these items go bad quickly if I don't use them right away.

As for tap water, I won't drink it.  I use a Brita filter in order to drink tap water.

Pikkutassu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: oogaboo,Jan 9 2011 on  06:09 PM
Unfortunately it is. In fact, here in Florida we have chemicals that won't exactly kill us but won't re-hydrate us either. We can still take a shower and wash our face but we can't drink too much of it. So instead we drink distilled water for 65 cents. We don't buy spring or bottled water for  $1.39.
Wow. Here bottled water is actually worse than tap water.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I drink water from the tab, but same as with Malte it gets checked here a lot so it's always nice to drink.

OT:

My parents go grocery shopping about twice a week. Once a week for the stuff we'll eat that week, and a second time for everything we forgot to buy the first time :p We have a family of five, and my brothers eat a lot, so we buy quite the amount of food. I personally never go to a grocery store unless I go with my mom.

crazedwriter

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://crazedwriter.lbbhost.com/index.html
Most times I grocery shop weekly, but every three months or so I head to Costco to stock up on basic household stuff (paper goods, coffee, cat food, and soap). Otherwise it's once a week for fresh food. I love Super Target, can't stand WalMart, and once in a while I'll go to Fresh Market for special foods. :)

And yes, I do drink tap water, but it's filtered at home. Central IN water is notoriously hard and has to be treated with so much stuff to make it "safe."  I quit drinking bottled water months ago. Costs too much in money and resources.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Tap water is fine where I am that's why I do not buy bottled water.  I also don't bother with Britas or any purifiers.  Perhaps what I don't know won't hurt me but I've no interest in actually finding out what is in the water given the fact the pipes are probably as old as most of the buildings downtown (over 50 years).

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I don't know how people can drink tap water. Maybe it's just the tap water here in pawtucket that is worse than others, but I've been over people's houses where they swear the tap water they get is good, I've tried it, and it tastes terrible. We have an Inglis water filter built into our refrigerator, the water that comes out of that tastes phenomenally better than the water that comes directly out of the tap, no lasting  chlorine flavor or anything like that. I sometimes forget I'm even drinking water it's so good. I could never go without buying a filter for the water in my house, I don't care how supposedly "clean" the water from the tap is.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I can't stand bottled water.  It tastes really bad, even worse when it gets warm.  People may think I'm crazy getting water out of the tap at work, but I don't care.  All I know is that it tastes better and that's all I NEED to know.

As for grocery shopping, I shop once a week.

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Parents shop once every week, mainly to buy perishable items.  
As for tap water, my family is mixed when it comes to drinking it from either tap or bottle.  My mum due to her health was recommened by her doctor to have water with gas, so we buy that for her.  My dad also picks up mineral bottle water too but I use the tap both at home and at University.  I generally don't really tend to think about the chemicals that have been placed in the water to purify it for safe drinking.  I can't afford bottled water...

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Typically once every few months.  We try to make it about 4 months between each trip.  As for tap water, it tastes like some animal has been shitting in it here.  Even filtered it's absolutely terrible.  And for those of you that think bottled water is bad, you actually have to pay money for it otherwise it's just as bad as tap water.  The lowest end you can go would be Aquafina.  Dasani, Ice Mountain, and most other brands suck and taste worse than the tap.  If you want a real good tasting water, go with Earth2-0.  Expensive stuff but worth every penny.

oogaboo

• Petrie
    • View Profile
If you want a real good tasting water, go with Earth2-0. Expensive stuff but worth every penny.
I drink Earth2o. Gulp! All of this talk about water is makin' me thirsty.
I'm gonna :bolt to the store and get some more aqua!

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Just about every bottled water is processed tap water anyway.  Yeah not all tap water is created equal, but its really not any better for you.