The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Whats your dream or favorite occupation?

oogaboo · 18 · 1990

oogaboo

• Petrie
    • View Profile
My dream occupation would have to be a professional game designer, Web designer and Illustrator. But my favorite would have to be an Illustrator.
That I hope will happen one day once I finish college and get mine!
 :yes
 :goodluck with yours boiz and gurlz!

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I'm already a teacher, so I don't need to dream of that. :p  I don't really have a dream job.  I just went and found something I liked, went through all the schooling and certification exams, and it got me where I am.  I think a lot of people's "dream jobs" are more like "dream hobbies", not something I'd see a reason to pay someone to do that.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm studying to become a pharmacist, but it's not really my dream job. I don't have one. Chemistry is interesting and it pays off well. All natural sciences pay off well, because not that many people choose to pursue a career in these fields, like they do in for example law and economics. When I get a job (most likely in a drug store) I will have lots of money to use in pursuing some of my other interests.

oogaboo

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I'm already a teacher, so I don't need to dream of that. dino_tongue.gif
Goody. Are you a middle school teacher? If so, I hope you can handle those lil' boogers. :goodluck

Professor for history at a university
That shouldn't be too hard for you.

I'm studying to become a pharmacist, but it's not really my dream job. I don't have one. Chemistry is interesting and it pays off well.
If it pays well, be a chemist. :yes

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
A park ranger specializing in interpretation (i.e. leading campfire talks, hikes, and wildlife watches).  I've got all the qualifications, and now all I need is for NPS to hire me for good :yes.  There are a few places that have taken an interest in my resume, so while I wait to hear back from them I continue to keep applying for jobs ;).

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Internet Marketer.  Technically I currently am one, but I have a lot more to learn.  I can rank websites for lower competition keyphrases pretty easily, but I still need to study design, ad placement, keyword research, and competition analysis in much greater depth than I'm currently doing.  I just started Internet Marketing less than 6 months ago but over time I'll become better and better at things.  I'm running 28 websites concurrently and collecting data based on what I'm doing.  

I have a website ranking on page 1 for "berry smoothie recipe" which gets 1,300 searches per month, and a website on page two for "dog grooming" which gets a hell of a lot more than 1,300 let me tell you!  Then I've got my own computer repair website ranking on the first page of Bing and Yahoo for 13 different keyphrases.  I started Internet Marketing with my computer repair website and I've just went from there.  I hope to someday become a great Internet Marketer.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
I did make a pitch to go into Film Production with my undergrad degree but sadly it didn't work out (lack of contacts and opportunities). I haven't completely given up on it, it's all on the backburner, but I would really like to get in on some proper A-list movie making. T'would be awesome! :D

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Translator of books... I mean you get to read books and earn money by practising language, perfect for me! :D

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
I want to write both comics and novels. I'm doing a webstory which can be read on my Deviantart account and I'm also doing a webcomic. Now I just need to have confidence in getting my stuff published.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
i'm a history buff so a job dealing with shistory would be great. my current radio job fits me like a T, it combined two things i love, history and stats..and i get to talk sports all day.. :)
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
Since my imagination is usually off the rocker, I'd like to have a job that would allow me to use it, especially when it comes to creating characters and stories. I guess that would be a screenwriter or something...
It would take a degree in Creative Writing to do.

Karmarsi

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://karmarsi-kedamoki.deviantart.com
Mines to be a Veterinarian Technician. They tend to help more with the animals than the vets. We get to help cure them and make them all comfy and stuff :D

If only mom would support..

Walter wants to be a game designer~

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
^To oogaboo. Pharmacists are chemists! I have 4 different chemistry subjects at the moment.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
10 years ago, my dream job was building roller coasters. 8 years ago, my dream job was producing video games. 6 years ago, my dream job was becoming an actor and or singer. Now, I don't really know what my dream job is. At this point, my dream job is something that I will be happy with; one that I may use to help support myself and my family if and when I have one.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
I don't actually have a dream job, but more like dream goals.  I doubt I could achieve them all, but I need something to work hard for:

Culinary Arts=
1890's style dinner theater w/ soda fountain shop
Restaurant specializing in Southwest American, Middle Eastern, & Mediterranean cuisine, AKA desert food
Food truck made from a bus
Farm & orchard to sell fresh food to local restaurants
Winery

Animal Care=
Training dogs from shelters & rescues to become therapy dogs, guide dogs, & assistance dogs

Entertainment=
Action choreography
Costume making

Military History=
Work at a history museum
Restore military vehicles
Fly historic planes

Armed Forces=
Army - Special Forces, helicopter pilot, military vehicles
Navy - Navy Riverine Forces

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/femoman
I'd say my dream would be to become an animator. I'm best with traditional styles, like cel-animation and stop-motion. Just a shame that traditional 2D animation studios are nearly impossible to find nowadays.

Either that, or a voice-actor.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
There's a couple things I'm interested in doing.

Palaeontologist (interest rekindled recently, though dunno if I'll pursue it or not)
Writer (might be just a side thing I'll do)
Animator
Computer Repairwoman
Game Maker