The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

On the road to a Weight loss goal :)

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
How are you doing on your diet Kam? I need to work on mine badly. I need to exercise a lot more and eat ten times better like your doing. I got rid of all of my junk food and I've been eating a lot of grapes lately. So I need to follow in your steps and take my own advice now and start my diet program agian. I've lost over 50 pounds once. And I will do it again.

Karmarsi

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://karmarsi-kedamoki.deviantart.com
Yum, grapes <3
I started toning exercises today. I want to tone my legs and belly some. 50 pounds, wow.
I have to say one thing I dislike about myself is giving up times before. I always feel I could look so much better and be so much more healthy than I am now. I've found the soup I like so much ( chunky~ ) is only 200 calories a can! and it's so filling >w<
I'm getting very used to eat smaller proportions too. My body gets fuller easier, and I can't stand to look at big amounts of food or food with a lot of calories. If I eat anything with 300+ calories I feel so terrible after. Does that make me weird?
( I've also been drinking a lot of water  since I've started too o.o It's so yummy when cold~ )

Karmarsi

• Spike
    • View Profile
I been feeling pretty horrible lately... Unmotivated at that.
I wish I could afford a set of dumbbells. I'd like 2 10 pound ones to help me exercise but mom would call them pointless and expensive. Walter won't get them as he probably wants to use his saved money for other things.
I feel like I'm in a rut. T_T

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I am in the same situation. I took a rest day which, for me, is an absolute no. Now, I don't feel like exercising. I tried running yesterday, but I found myself bored after about 10 minutes. Today, I did some sit ups and pushups but I found myself demotivated again. :neutral
I don't know what to about your dumbbell situation. Sorry. I don't even have weights. I usually just lift whatever is heavy and I can lift without much trouble. What exactly do you want to use the weights for? Resistance while exercising or for upper body?

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Try doing wall push-ups.  They're easier on your joints and and supposedly more effective on your core.  Or try using a sack of potatoes like a kettleball :DD  :idea.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
A large sack of potatoes or in my case, rice (25 - 50 pounds) is good for squats. If there are trees nearby with branches you can reach, chin ups on them or climbing them is good exercise.

And try doing things like going for long walks.

Also, building up muscle will help your metabolism.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Those are some good suggestions.  Also I've read elsewhere you can use a plastic milk container, put in some water.  I guess a screwtop would be less likely to spill water.  & one can put in some rice once the water filled one is to light.  Though it will be a bit awkward since the weight will be mainly on one end.  Maybe more awkward if it's only partially full with the water or rice moving around as the bottle is moved around.  

Also maybe a backpack with some books, or other things, can be used.  Especially if it has a strap like mine does.  Besides the 2 normal straps to go over the shoulders it also has a strap at the top of the back where you can hold the backpack by one hand.

Not sure how good they are but maybe some plastic bags also, with a book or 2 in them.  Though they may not last long and may be awkward to use.  There are other alternatives like these and the ones mentioned previously by other folks.

Karmarsi

• Spike
    • View Profile
Can't say I can use backpacks with books or such. Lack heavy ones and bags.

On a brighter side today my pajama bottoms want to fall down a bit. They're hanging just a smidge above my hips.

One thing that would really help me is if my family notices my weight loss on Thanksgiving or such. shame that's a ways away @.@

Karmarsi

• Spike
    • View Profile
Ideas needed guys
I'm heading to the store tomorrow guys, and I want to get many low cal yet good foods. I have a small list and all but feel I need more. It'd be great if the foods helped my metabolism too.

I've got
- Apples
- Bananas
- Granola
- Yogurt
- Salad
- Pineapple
- Green Tea
- Watermelon
- Tangerines

I'm willing to try out new things too, so feel free to pop out random things. thanks~

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
I heard black coffee can boost your metabolism by increasing your heart rate, but it looks like theres some confliction whether it's true or not.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I think yogurt comes in a variety of fat % like milk, normal, low, non.  And I heard it's healthier to try to make sure the yogurt is live culture.  Doubt it'll help you to loose weight but I heard it may be better for intestinal health or something.

Karmarsi

• Spike
    • View Profile
I'm back friends~ I got all that was on my list and more. I got many fruit meals that were 70-90 calories a pack. I got some yogurt that came with granola and blueberries ( only 90 calories ). I got some drinks that were just 0 calories, soups that were 200 calories a can and a few other things. I'm trying my best here.
We got a digital scale too. I'll weigh tomorrow when I wake up so I'll be at my lowest weight.
I really hope I lost some weight. If not I'll be so upset D:

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Are you also paying attention to nutritional value? Calories aren't as important as getting the right nutrients that your body needs.

Paradise Bird

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://sporeleaf.forumotion.net/creators-hall-f7/post-your-dinos-here-
I'm not too sure on weight loss but the old neighbour I had ate 50 grains a day and drank 8 cups of water for 40 days. After that he lost enough wait to look pretty good though he is over weight again >.>

Bruton the Iguanodon

You'll do great.  :exactly

Ever tried Fiber? ("Fiber no delicious yes")