The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Rift RP Discussion

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Since we got 4 folks (including myself) for the Rift in the polls, I'm putting up it's own thread here.

As said, the story takes place when the Northern Lights extend across the world at different time eras, then the last thing seen was a glowing deep red crack in the sky.  All characters of the story find themselves across a vast landscape of jagged mountain ranges with valleys full of dense forests.  And in the far horizon, stands the massive red crack in the sky, pulsating with dread.

For characters, you're free to pick any hero and/or villain from movies done by Don Bluth or from Universal Studios.  We can do discussions concerning other movies that Don Bluth may had a hand in (like certain Disney films).  Here's the list (and it can be changed):

The Land Before Time
All Dogs Go to Heaven
Secret of NIMH
Thumbelina
Rock-A-Doodle
An American Tail
We're Back
Ferngully:  The Last Rainforest
Once Upon a Forest
The Pagemaster
Banjo the Woodpile Cat
Balto
A Troll in Central Park
Anastasia
Titan A.E. (limit the space technology)
The Pebble & the Penguin

For the Rift Fey, here are some common rules:

- They can be male or female
- They are all small (same size as Thumbelina)
- They all have 4 dragonfly-like wings
- They are not powerful in magic, and it's normally enchantments (small space around them, small shields over self, invisibility & camouflage, and one other individual).  They cannot use magic to attack others (but they can manipulate small areas to contain them).
- They cannot live long outside "the World Between" (the realm in the Rift), measured no more than a month or so

Other than that, you're free to pick or make your characters!  We have plenty of time before we set a start date.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
The only two right off the bat I'd like to play are Balto and Feivel.  Other than that, I'll wait on others after everyone else had their picks.

I'll have my Rift Fey OC done soon.

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Any limit on how many we can choose? I was thinking of calling three or so. I don't think I want to extend myself beyond that. :p

Also does Pterano count as he's not technically from a Don Bluth movie? :lol

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
No real limit, since there's so many to choose from.

And yes, you can play Pterano.  The list includes sequels and series.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That is a lot of characters.  

Any limits on oc character ideas that some may have?

I could try doing Goldie from Rockadoodle.  I was doing her in an rp that seems to have stalled.  

I could do one of the lbt gang, but I"ll let others pick first.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
No limits of OC's, but that's restricted to the Rift Fey.  As much as I tried, I'll never be able to memorize every fan-OC that's been made here... :p  So that'll leave out as much chaos as we can.

I can do a list of chars being used and their players:

Balto (MK)
Feivel (MK)
Justin (MK)
Littlefoot (MK)
Red (MK)
Pterano (Pterano)
Goldie (Kor)
Petrie (Kor)
Elsa (Kor)
Jeremy (Kor)
Mrs Brisby (Belmont)
Sharptooth (Belmont)
Cale Tucker (Belmont)
Aleu (Belmont)
Ali (Nick)
Jenna (Nick)
Chanticleer (Nick)
Duke (Breakclub)
Tiger (Breakclub)
Miss Kitty (Breakclub)

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I guess I'll play Mrs. Brisby and the original Sharptooth.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
I just added Justin & Littlefoot to my list, and I'll wait until someone has at least four of their own.

Also, here's my first Rift Fey OC:

Name:  Terra
Description:  Dark skin, near-black brown hair, emerald green eyes, light green short dress, gold armbands & ankle bracelets, 2 pairs of silver dragonfly wings
Personality:  A big soul in a small body, Terra is strong-willed and a bit rash.  She doesn't scare easily, but she can worry for others, including other Rift Fey that are far from safety.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Name: Decimus

Description: Pale skin(he's Leucistic), Ebony eyes, dark brown medium hair. brown cloak with a white cloth shirt underneath, a necklace bearing a roman numeral ten(X), brown cloth pants, leather boots, a pair of dragonfly wings.

Personality: Decimus is sorrowful and reserved. but very resourceful and always paying attention to everything surrounding him. He is a lost soul but great courage and compassion he never knew he had reside within him.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
^ Good work, Belmont!

If no one minds, I haven't picked a villain yet, so I'll pick Red (ADGTH2).  Now, I stop here and wait if anyone wants to pick more for their own.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
could i bring in ali, or is this reserved to the original film..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
You're cleared to do Ali.  I mentioned that sequels are allowed.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
thanks jeni then yoiu can add me to the list. i might do some others
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I may do Petrie, unless someone else wants to do him.  That'll make my characters 2 total, so far.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
I'm not letting this wilt and die before it started!  (just a statement, not being angry)

I don't intend to pressure anyone, as I know many of you got RL stuff to take care of first.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Would you prefer more players or do you think we have enough?

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
If you guys think we have enough to start off, then we can start the story.  You guys think we should wait until after Thanksgiving?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Not sure if the others want that or not, but at the very least we can talk about our characters, maybe the starting of the rp, how our characters can meet, or basic stuff & ideas if the rp is not going to start to at least keep the discussion active.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Well, the start of the story will be when the aurora lights start showing up around the world and time, then after a strange light sweeps across the ground and momentarily blinds everyone, the characters awaken to a strange new land, which is where we, the players, start the story.  We can start off scattered over a wide area, and we can slowly find our ways towards each other and set off towards the Rift.

Another role call and another grab for characters before we set a start date?