The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Vanishing Act

Dosu2Dinner

• Spike
    • View Profile
I'd kind of like to apologise for being absent these past few days. My computer has been having some issues recently, and until it's repaired, I've only been able to use the one I'm writing on now, and not nearly often enough.
Under normal circumstances, I probably wouldn't have bothered putting something like this up. But I have really grown to like this forum, not to mention all of you people. I haven't been here long, but I already feel like one of the family.  :lol:
Also, I remember when I posted my introduction on, somebody (I forgot who, sorry!) said they hoped I was here to stay, as many people leave and don't come back.  :(
But I promise you guys, this isn't me! Once my computer is fixed, I will be back on here more often again, AND I'm planning on posting some fanfiction on here.
I hope you will enjoy it when its here, and once again, sorry for not being here, and thank you all very much for your patience.  :DD
Regards,
Toby.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It's kind of you to let us know why you're away, hopefully your computer will be fixed soon! :) You're definitely already part of this community.

I hope you do not mind, but I moved this topic from 'General LBT' to 'The Fridge', since this is not a topic related to the land before time :)

Dosu2Dinner

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Mumbling,Jan 16 2013 on  12:58 PM
It's kind of you to let us know why you're away, hopefully your computer will be fixed soon! :) You're definitely already part of this community.

I hope you do not mind, but I moved this topic from 'General LBT' to 'The Fridge', since this is not a topic related to the land before time :)
Yeah, that's fine. Though for a moment I did wonder where it had gone... :blink:

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Well, you don't have to worry about how often you come in here. Like Malte told me sometime, we aren't some... sect or anything that demands our members to stay with us or some other creepy stuff.

We're just a laid back community of people. There's often people that leave for much longer periods of time for whatever reason. Ether they lose interest in LBT for awhile, they don't have the time, real life get's in the way, their computer melts (Happened to my old computer about a year ago. Something apparently fried on the circuit board, and now it won't power on, because I guess it shorts itself out somehow. IDK, I haven't gotten anyone to fix it yet due to lack of time and money).

Also, like Mumbling said, it's nice to let us know. :yes

I hope you do not mind, but I moved this topic from 'General LBT' to 'The Fridge', since this is not a topic related to the land before time smile.gif
Ah, so THAT'S why it was spitting out some "This topic doesn't exist anymore" message at me the first time I tried to post this.  :lol
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
What problems does your computer have?

Dosu2Dinner

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Jan 16 2013 on  03:16 PM
What problems does your computer have?
Well, its a laptop, and it will no longer charge up, so its getting looked at.

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Most likely the battery contacts oxidised and could use some cleaning. Next time when some component seems to fail, first try cleaning the gold contacts with a soft brush or even better, an eraser (you can then wipe it with a soft, clean rag). It's the simplest fix you can make and you won't damage anything. If it doesn't work, then ask for help. The people in the PC service often do such simple fixes as well, but they often charge like they did something far more complicated.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: vonboy,Jan 16 2013 on  08:11 PM
I hope you do not mind, but I moved this topic from 'General LBT' to 'The Fridge', since this is not a topic related to the land before time smile.gif
Ah, so THAT'S why it was spitting out some "This topic doesn't exist anymore" message at me the first time I tried to post this.  :lol
I feared you would get that issue (already noticed you on the topic). Sorry about that, just doing my job 'nd stuff  :lol

Dosu2Dinner

• Spike
    • View Profile

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Dosu2Dinner

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: jansenov,Jan 17 2013 on  05:21 PM
^What was wrong with it?
I'm not sure. Apparentley the charger didn't work, and a disconnection had been made in the socket or something...I don't know much about hardware... :p