The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

World of Furry

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Well, I just had a flash of inspiration, and decided to try my hand at making another RP!

It's the year 2013, a world much like our own.  With only one major difference.  Anthropomorphic animals, colloquially known as "Furries", exist alongside humans, living just like any other.  However, within the group of Furries, there are many subsects, ranging from bestial to near-human.  This is the story of that world...

Types of Furries (common reference names in parens):

Kemono (=Species name=-Morph ((Ex: Wolf-morph, Dragon-morph, etc)))
By far the most human of the "Furries," they resemble average humans, save for small animalian traits, such as ears or tails.  They are physically similar to humans, though their abilities vary dependent on the parts that are animalistic.  

Anthros ( =Species name=-Pronouns ((Ex: Wolf-man, Bunny-boy, Cat-girl, etc)))
The second most human branch of the "Furries," they resemble a fully-anthropomorphic version of their species, and possess no overly-specialized abilities outside of their innate species-based abilities, such as enhanced speed for bunny- or cheetah- types, etc.  

Weres ( Were-=Species Name= ((Ex: Werewolf, Weredog, Werechimera, etc)))
In their normal state, weres resemble perfectly normal humans, save for occasional mutations such as feline pupils or elongated teeth.  When they transform, which they can do at will and maintain for as long as they want, they take on an anthropomorphic form, resembling their species.  Some species may even possess multiple forms, usually progressing further as they go.  For example, a Wereshark may take on the rough skin and elongated teeth of a shark in their first form, while their second form may grow gills and have their legs merge into a tail.

Zoans (=Species Name= Zoan ((Ex: Bat Zoan, Mole Zoan, etc)))
Zoans are an offshoot of weres, who instead of maintaining their forms, instead mutate rapidly into a very strongly altered beast, maintaining it for a very short time, with greatly expanded abilities.  An example of a Zoan's ability is that a Cheetah Zoan was able to clock speed approaching Mach 1.  

Beasts (=Species Name=-Beast ((Ex: Dragon-Beast, Shark-Beast, etc)))
Beasts are usually hulking anthro versions of their species, however, their minds are barely above the level of a Feral.  

What do you guys think?  Any interested parties?

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'd actually be interested in this. I have a character I could use, and a few other ideas as well if needs be.

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
You now have my attention... :blink:

LBTLover1

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pranksterclan.co.nr
Furry? Well, considering I'm a furry here, I would like to participate in this xD...I like the romantic style furry RP rather than the action-packed for some odd reason...just my preference, but not saying that others' aren't as good.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm with LBTLover1.  As awesome as gunfights and explosions are, sometimes, a slower RP can be fun.  Though taking everyone's votes so far into consideration, I may have an idea...

LBTLover1

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Interesting enough, most people like the action, but it could be possible to incorporate both, right?

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yep yep!  After all, look at Japanese Anime~!

Rocky

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm in, one thing though, what is slice of life mean.

LBTLover1

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: StarfallRaptor,Mar 10 2013 on  09:52 PM
Yep yep!  After all, look at Japanese Anime~!
Don't even get me started xD

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Rocky,Mar 10 2013 on  08:53 PM
I'm in, one thing though, what is slice of life mean.
Essentially, just Day-to day stuff.  Going to school, or shopping, or to hang out with friends.  Things like that.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
One can have an rp with both.  Some action, and some romance as well.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
So, the plot I have set up at the moment is something along the lines of this:

University setting, where there's a fairly normal gathering of "Furries" and humans.  However, of late, mysterious attacks have begun happening, usually at night, though that may have begun to change lately.  Some of the students have begun to exhibit unusual talents, or have simply banded together to act as vigilantes...

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sounds like it could be an interesting story.  I guess your power level is fairly low level stuff sounds like.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Mmm-hmm.  Mostly fairly low-leveled.  Zoans would be the exception, but they can only sustain their power levels for a few seconds to a minute.  Most characters will be at human to slightly above levels.

LBTLover1

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Aw, so the Cheetah Zoan can only go to Mach 1 for a few minutes? Seems fair...

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
In all honesty, a cheetah zoan probably couldn't even sustain it that long.  It's like a sprinter.  Really fast, but not for long.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
So can go full speed for a few seconds then they'd have to rest or something?

Or a cyclops type could, I guess, do 1 blast then he'd have to rest a few hours since it would not only drain his power but leave him tired as well?

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The harder a Zoan pushes themselves, the shorter they can hold their transformation.  A zoan who transforms and just stands still would maintain their form a lot longer than one running full speed.

LBTLover1

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Funny thing is...I'm not so familiar with Zoans...or Kemonos (I've seen them before, but not fully aware of what their personality and physique is)...and it's weird cause I should know it...