The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Tell us something about yourself!

action9000 · 2432 · 149071

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie85,Feb 15 2013 on  05:20 AM
Let's see I don't get offended by racist comments jokes and words. I think racism is funny actually. No I'm not a racist at all.
I'm the complete opposite. I can't stand racism, and racist jokes and portrayals of racial stereotypes make me extremely uncomfortable.

At the same time, human diversity (both physical and cultural) is quite interesting to me, though it can't hold a candle to my fascination for non-human species.

Quote from: Cancerian Tiger,Mar 4 2013 on  01:13 AM
I was on the first floor of my housing unit starting my laundry.  After I started the washer and began to head for the stairs, down comes a fridge bigger than me with some glass in it, followed by my neighbor who is probably one of the biggest alcoholics I've ever known.  He was drunk off his arse and launched a fridge down the stairs, supposedly getting rid of it.  I'm just glad nobody got hit :crazy.
Yikes! :blink: Glad you're okay. I hope you or somebody else called someone to deal with that wacko (professional help, perhaps?).

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Simba King Of Pride Rock

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://madagascarpalace87.proboards.com/
Any sort of carnivorous dinosaur is my favorite dinosaur species.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I used to be obsessed with theropods to the exclusion of almost all other dinosaurs, but over time I've developed a fascination with most of the dinosaur family tree, even the ones I once considered "boring", such as sauropods and basal ornithopods. All the new data on dinosaurs that has come about in the last several years and the resulting changing portrayals in paleoart have definitely helped.

On an utterly random note, the word "walrus" has been inextricably stuck in my head lately. :P:

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Huh, how strange. There was a walrus on the news today. It had been spotted on one of the Scottish Islands, which was a very rare sight since from what I heard Walruses don't travel that far south very often at all. :unsure:

As for me, not much has been happening to me lately. Something happened to our water yesterday and all of the tap water started coming out really, er, yellow looking. My brother went to get some water, and then soon after he came back it started running clean again, so now we've got two huge bottles of water sitting in the fridge. :lol

To be honest, I actually have a real interest for sauropods. I'm not entirely sure why, unless it has something to do with the longnecks being my all time favourite characters from the LBT series. I've also developed more interest for carnivorous dinosaurs now too. :DD
I'm also hardly ever one to hold grudges against people, and it's very hard to get into my bad books. If it's just a one off thing that upsets me, and either the person has apologised or it's just something small that can be put aside, then I'll still try to make up with them. Saying that, there is somebody in there, but it's just that one person, and boy have they persistently annoyed me. :anger

And then for some reason Google Chrome blocked me from coming into this page, saying that there was Malware on it or something. :blink:

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://raptoid.deviantart.com/
I'm a major foodie, specializing in East Asian cuisine, specifically Chinese, Japanese and Korean.

I spent the 2011-2012 school year studying abroad in Japan.  Which was an amazing experience that I wish would never end...  I plan to return after graduating university through the JET program as an English teacher.

I'm saving money to build a fursuit... Scalysuit might be a better term.  xD

In a week I'll be going to my first ever furry convention.

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I am totally NOT assertive. I probably won't even go back for a refund if I'm overcharged at the bloody grocery store!
I smile and laugh a lot... a lot. Not because I'm laughing AT something, I like to think of it more as sympathy laughing :)
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I like horses.

I'm random

I'm odd

I'm a teen

I'm a girl

I'm an Australian

I don't ride a kangaroo to school.

Nahla speak in third person now.

Nahla likes writing stuff

Nahla become poet now.

Nahla needs to be more serious.

Nahla has doctor named Dr. Bumwiggler.

Nahla stop now,Nahla reamain mystery.

StrutEggStealer

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
A bit TMI for you to still remain a mystery, Nahla :DD lol
just kidding and whaaaat you don't ride a roo to school? Whyever not?!
And I can't imagine you keeping a straight face ever for your yearly checkup :lol
J. R. R. Tolkein

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

StrutEggStealer

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Oh, I agree, yes :DD
Where do you get your emus? Are they air-mail-able? Bc that would be epic to arrive at school atop an emu.
"Yeah, it's mah emu, ftw."
J. R. R. Tolkein

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: StrutEggStealer,Mar 13 2013 on  04:55 PM
whaaaat you don't ride a roo to school? Whyever not?!
I can't imagine a ride on a kangaroo would be very comfortable. At the least, you'd probably get carsick (roosick?). :p

And both emus and large kangaroos have the potential to kill or seriously wound you. Those feet and claws are not to be messed with… :blink:

Quote from: Nahla,Mar 13 2013 on  05:00 PM
Because emus are cooler and faster,I ride an emu.
Emus are awesome. :D

I've had the opportunity to pet emus a couple of times. Their plumage feels coarse on the surface, but if you reach deeper down, you can feel the bases of their feathers, which are soft and downy. And the hairlike feathers on their heads are fuzzy. :DD

Once, a long time ago, an emu at the zoo tried to eat my Crackers 'N' Cheese. :lol I was standing there holding the package, and he came up and started pecking at it. Unfortunately for him (and fortunately for his health :p), it still had the plastic film on top, and I backed away from him before he could break through it.

StrutEggStealer

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Pangaea,Mar 14 2013 on  12:46 AM
Once, a long time ago, an emu at the zoo tried to eat my Crackers 'N' Cheese. :lol I was standing there holding the package, and he came up and started pecking at it. Unfortunately for him (and fortunately for his health :p), it still had the plastic film on top, and I backed away from him before he could break through it.
A giraffe tried that trick on me a few times at the zoo. I kept moving, and he would follow me.
Dangit, critter! This is people food! :rolleyes

I actually watched an emu-capture by Discovery's The Turtle Guy. This thing (the bird, not the guy) was about six feet tall, and whenever it was wrangled, it kicked and pecked, ripping a guys shirt in the process. It took about ten minutes until they finally had it on the ground, and then another five till they had it restrained. The bird was pecking and kicking the whole time :o
I had to laugh, though, because the guys were describing it like a Velociraptor: "It'll come at you fast, and you ain't got no chance of gettin' outta the way." The music was pretty funny, too, all dramatic for the chase scenes.

Animals are (frightening, out to get us) funny :lol
J. R. R. Tolkein

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I like chocolate... A lot.

So I'm making a chocolate cake right now! :D

StrutEggStealer

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
^I like eating a lot :)
will you share that chocolate cake?.... Please?

I'm also a total sucker for mushy, say-it-athousand-times, never-give-up, bleak-outlook-on-things songs like Gym Class Heroes' The Fighter, The Script's If You Could See Me Now, ANYthing by Keane, since their songs are almost all so meloncholy :(
J. R. R. Tolkein

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
My brain processing speed is like that of a 70 year old, despite my chronological age being 50 years younger than that. I think this explains why I have a hard time coming up with spontaneous conversation and just being able to work at a fast pace.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
I will be doing an internship at UMDNJ this summer. Biological research at its finest!

I am a biology major and a biochemistry minor.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
... I live my life in a state of perpetual depression with occasional breaks.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I am hoping to go back to college soon and will be taking a course on programming. If all goes well, I may be able to produce games and applications of my own, if I have the time and patience to do it by myself that is.