The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

One more RP idea

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
I know my ideas aren't getting any bites, and I understand if nobody's been interested or too busy.

Anyway, I got one final idea, but it'll definitely need some imput and ideas from anyone interested.  The big idea revolves around planes and pilots, the timeline either modern day or near future, no limit to number of characters, they can be human/furry, and rated no higher than PG-13.

I don't have a concrete setting or story, so I got a big ear for suggestions.  I'm just leary with plots related to games and movies.  Although I have played some aircraft games, I'm not familiar with stories from every game or show.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
This sounds pretty fun, actually!  I think I want to get in on this!

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
One idea I got for characters is a group of mercenaries, simply soldiers of fortune doing various jobs for people bringing the right price.  So far I have characters for a pair of modified two-seat Su-25 Frogfoots and an EA-6B Prowler.  Plenty of room for more members for anyone interested.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Could be interesting.  Is that the ideas you have so far?

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
^ Belay that last post.  I'm sure I have more about the group.

The group is known only as the Ebony Squadron, and have no affiliation with any nation or armed force.  Most members were military pilots once, but many either deserted, discharged, or left for different reasons.  Their bases of operations either lies within some coastal rocky formations or on a modified Essex-class carrier.  There are four equal commanders:  for the coastline base, the carrier, the fighter groups, and the attack groups.  A tradition in their group is the call-signs given to their human members after birds.

The setting for the RP is during a near-global war among nations, most of which spread into neutral or third-world countries.  Common jobs for the mercenaries include protecting the small nations from warlords, pirates, and aggressor nations.

That's what I got for now.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sound like they are similar to the old dc comic series I read a few issues of, the Blackhawks.  An Independent group who goes around doing stuff like you said, battling evil villains and such.  Though perhaps not as goofy as some of the blackhawks were since those were silver age issue reprints I read a few issues of.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Interesting.  I never heard of the comic, but I guess my weird thoughts coincide with ideas that existed before.  I'll look the Blackhawks up when I get the chance.

As for things I'm not sure about, it includes whether or not it's on the planet Earth we know of or completely made-up countries and land masses, whether or not it'd be sci-fi or adventure, like either fighting a nation with highly advanced technology or racing against other forces for some kind of treasure.

Suggestions?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Those can be good ideas.  I wonder what some other folks think.  Maybe we can help narrowing them down to 1 idea, or figuring out how to mix them into one world.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
I think a good timeline would be similar to the Darwin's Soldiers series: modern Earth with slightly more advanced technology that what exists in Real Life.

As for the plot, I came up with a (kind of cheesy one): the treasure hunt is like some kind of bloodsport. Imagine Capture the Flag with live military hardware and killing your opponents is allowed if not encouraged.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
reminds me of deathRace, the race is across america with a billion dollars for the winner, if you survive the others guys trying to kill you..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hmm...a mysterious financeer contacts the Ebony Squadron and other mercenary groups and pirates, and offers a very large amount of money to the group steals something valuable from a small but heavily guarded and oppressive nation, not only fighting each other but even the armed forces of the nation?  And some resistance fighters within that nation are trying to get the Squadron to help them overthrow the nation itself?  And some other mystery parties are trying to stop the competition from happening, even if it means killing off all the competitors?

:blink:  Sorry about that.  I think mine just got cheesier...   :crazy

Update:  Just to let you know, Serris, your idea isn't cheesy,

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Anyone like the Deathrace idea...? we could modify it so thats its groups of mercenaries instead of condemned prisoners competing in it..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
The only problem with me of the idea is that I haven't seen Death Race, and from what I heard about the story, it seemed too simple a story, and complex since we're using nearly a large group of mercs, and not a handful of individuals.

That's just my opinion anyway.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nick22,Dec 7 2010 on  06:56 PM
Anyone like the Deathrace idea...? we could modify it so thats its groups of mercenaries instead of condemned prisoners competing in it..
Which Death Race movie are you talking about? As I know there are two, an older version, and the one with Jason Statham in it.  But the idea sounds....like not a bad idea, but I would imagine it would be hard to pull off.

And a race across America? Didn't they do that in Rat Race where Mr. Bean Rowan Akitson almost won the prize that John Cleese was giving out? XD

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'm refering to the Older One the Death Race 2000 that came out in the 70s..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
I'm actually liking the Blackhawk idea after reading about it, so it may be more like that, with obvious changes...

It just comes down to a story to start off with, and after that some characters.  Or vice versa.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nick22,Dec 9 2010 on  06:47 AM
I'm refering to the Older One the Death Race 2000 that came out in the 70s..
I've heard of that one, but haven't seen it.  I myself wouldn't mind one based on the Jason Statham one....that movie, imo was an awesome movie.

And I shall throw this one out there after having seen the movie itself.  Inception.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
inception would make a great rp. thing to consider is how to separate the levels..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Now that the Inception and Death Race RP discussions are in another thread, this pilots thread can keep to topic, if it can get off the ground, (no offense, but it seemed like we were diverting from the original subject).  I came up with a few plots for the RP:

Ebony Squadron is sent by a mysterious client to take something valuable from a dictator from a third-world country, but they would soon realize that not only they may be facing a determined foe, but also from secret forces from other nations...

While going off on a typical mission, Ebony Squadron is suddenly attacked by an advanced armed force of mercenaries led by a former member of the Squadron believed to be dead...

A nation's government asks Ebony Squadron to penetrate a hostile nation and rescue the president/prime minister's family, kidnapped by militants and prepared for ransom, or execution.  The heroes must fight the militants, as well as warlords, dictators, and other national agents with personal intrigues...

I'm still open to suggestions and ideas.