The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Mob Land RP

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
If I had mentioned that I'd not come up with any new ideas, that went out the window when I got this idea.

I'm thinking of a human/furry RP set in the 20s & 30s, about warring mobsters and lawmen.  And to put a twist, besides OCs, you can use real people in the day, PLUS characters from movies & TV shows set in those times.

The current shows acceptable are:
All Dogs Go To Heaven
Who Framed Roger Rabbit
Jim Henson's Dog City
The Untouchables (TV show)
Oliver & Company (I know, but it can be modified for the older era)

The Rules:
The story can be in film noir, and there can be some comedy
You can post like you're narrating from the mind of your character
The rating is PG-13.  Leave out the details of sexuality and nudity, but everything else is fine
If using real people as characters, you can have them as furries and can even tweak the name if you wish (i.e. Al Capone to Owl Capone)

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'll play as characters from Who framed Roger Rabbit :)
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
I'd like to play Ace Hart from Dog City and Dutch Schultz, besides three OCs I'll be working on.

As for location, I'm not sure on whether or not to have the story in New York City, L.A., Miami, Chicago, New Orleans, or Toon Town.  Anyone interested can pick their top choice (up to 3) for cities, and we'll use the most popular one for the story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
we could have it in more than one place..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
We'll try it.  But it might not even get off the ground without more players.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Thats true we'll need a couple more :)
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
I'll go ahead and set up the character sheet:

Name:  Include nicknames
Weapons/Equipment:  Include vehicles
Description:
Personality:
Brief History:

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
While we wait, we can think of some plots for a few of the places.

New York:  A series of assassination-style killings of high-profile mobsters across the city, and law enforcement must uncover the truth and track down the killers.

New Orleans:  Typical gangster work has been interrupted when retired criminal masterminds decide to bump off the competition to get back into power.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sounds like a plan Kenji..now are we having the characters be animated?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
You mean like the characters acting toony and doing stuff not really possible in real life?  You can do that if the character is made for that, but not all the characters have to do that.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
ok, just to be sure..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Here's one of my OC's for now:

Name:  Simon Knight
Species:  Human
Weapons/Equipment:  He normally carries one of three different handguns:  Colt M1911, Ruger .357 Magnum, Colt Peacemaker single-action
Description:  Caucasian, dark hair, brown eyes, 5'11", light build
Personality:  Calm, observant, gets stern when analyzing evidence
Brief History:  Simon began service as a Texas Ranger, and excelled as a gunfighter.  Before he was inducted into the FBI, he was sent to a new school specializing in a new level of criminal investigation - forensic science.  In his first months in the FBI, his skills assisted in closing of many murder cases across Pennsylvania & Connecticut.

Meanwhile, I've come up with a more solid plot for our characters:

Hollywood:  With the rise of film and television, more people flocked to the west coast for a piece of their dreams and goals.  This meant that criminal forces would also want a piece of the action, setting up their businesses and trying to buy themselves into power.  But recently, a series of murders of high-level criminals across the city prompted the arrival of the FBI to investigate these assassinations.

Tweaks:  For existing characters, I'm making Ace Hart a temporary federal agent as he partners with Simon from Dog City to California.  Also, Dutch Schultz will be a Belgian Malinois, and his "work force" will often be German & Dutch Shepherds and Doberman Pinschers.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Long overdue bump.

I'm still interested to see this one start one day.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'll join.

My OCs:

Name: Theodore 'The Paper Boy' Fistagapelli
Species: Human
Weapons/Equipment: Smith & Wesson 625 revolver, Sawed-off shotgun, Tommy Gun and a Switchblade. His vehicle is a 1934 Oldsmobile.
Description: Caucasian, dark hair, blue eyes, 5'10", light build.
Personality: Calm, observant, sometimes stern and will sometimes be a bit brutal for an undercover cop.

Brief History: Theodore began his service as one of the dispatchers for the Police Department and eventually became a run-of-the-mill cop. While on the job he was nearly killed in a shootout with the notorious gangster Al Capone and his gang.

After years of service to the force. Fistagapelli became a Double Agent and recieved his first assignment - infultrate the criminal underworld.

Name: Lena Vixenia
Species: Anthro Fox
Occupation: Tavern owner, she's after the mob for personal reasons.
Weapons/Equipment: Taurus .357 Magnum, Switchblade and anything she can get her hands on. Her vehicle is a 1933 Austin American Series 2-75 Roadster.
Description: Anthropomorphic vixen, red & white fur, red hair, brown eyes, 5'9", light build.
Personality: Kind and a bit shy but also tough and not afraid to take a life.

Brief History: Lena's fiancee was part of the Corleone family, he was one of the Don Vito Corleone's most loyal men. One night, it turned out that Lena's fiancee didn't come home and his corpse was found "sleeping with the fishes" the next morning. The Corleone family was thought to be involved but turned out that they were innocent.

Upon hearing this, Lena became thirsty for vengeance. She wanted to find her fiancee's killer and avenge him. Soon, she got that chance.

Name: James 'The Tenderizer' Traffizza
Species: Human
Occupation: One of the most renowned gangsters in Al Capone's gang. Next to Al himself, that is.
Weapons/Equipment: Tommy Gun, Baseball Bat, Brass Knuckles, Sawed-Off Shotgun, Malatov Cocktail and Switchblade. His vehicle is a 1930 Hudson Eight.
Description: Caucasian, blonde hair, brown eyes, 6'3", medium build.
Personality: Brutal and without remorse, he kills for pleasure and does whatever Capone asks of him. It doesn't matter who he has to kill or kidnap, as long as it gets the job done.

Brief History: Traffizza was born to a poor family a few years before the Great Depression hit. He lost both parents in a car accident in 1932 and was taken in by Al Capone and his gang and became one of the most brutal gangsters in the mob.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Curse that double post glitch.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Those are awesome chars, Belmont!

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
If only we could get a few more people so we can finally get this show on the road.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I guess only serious type characters would fit?

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
We can do toony characters (I'm using Ace Hart from Jim Henson's Dog City), and there can be some toon gags.  It's just that the atmosphere of this story will be closer to crime noire, like those black/white gangster movies & TV if anyone besides me watches them.