The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Chomper's Dream Image

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile

As with all neuroleptic drugs, olanzapine can cause tardive dyskinesia and rare, but life-threatening, neuroleptic malignant syndrome. Similarly to other antipsychotics prolonged use is often associated with permanent brain damage.
Other recognised side effects may include:
akathisia; inability to remain still (restlessness)
dry mouth
dizziness
irritability
sedation
insomnia
constipation
urinary retention
orthostatic hypotension
weight gain
increased appetite
runny nose
impaired judgment, thinking, and motor skills
impaired spatial orientation
impaired responses to senses
seizures
trouble swallowing
dental problems and discoloration of teeth
missed periods
problems with keeping body temperature regulated
apathy, lack of emotion
endocrine side effects have included hyperprolactinemia, hyperglycemia, and diabetes mellitus
brain zaps
auditory hallucinations

“Hey, Ruby?”

“Yes, Chomper, was is it?”

“I was reading on wikipedia about that medication my neurologist put me on, and I want to be taken off. There are just too many side effects.”

Ruby glances over the list on Chomper’s screen.

“My, that is quite a list! Which of those are you experiencing?”

“Well, none of those…”

“Then why-”

“I do have a side effect, it just isn’t on that list. Remember my neurologist saying that anti psychotic medication can give very vivid dreams?”

“I remember, remember I do. So you’re having scary dreams?”

“You bet I am! Last night, I had another scary dream about Doc. He looked like a monster.”

“Hm. I would have thought that knowing what he was really like would have made those dreams stop, but you’re still having nightmares about the lone dinosaur?”

“Yeah. But it’s the medication, not my own imagination! I want to stop taking olanzapine right now.”

“Chomper, we’ll have to call your neurologist first. You can’t just stop taking it.”

“What’s the difference between stopping without asking and stopping with permission?”

“Listen, kiddo, the neurologist would never just let you stop. That would screw up your neurotransmitters. Medication like that needs to be weaned off. That is, IF she’ll let you stop taking it. After you went berserk from simply losing a tooth and how you nearly lost it from your imagination about Doc, we both decided that you could use an anti psychotic. And, well, it has really helped you. You haven’t had any more mania attacks since then.”

“Yeah, well, I can handle myself now. I just don’t want any more scary dreams. Please!”

“I can’t do anything. Like I said, call your neurologist in the morning. I have her number back at the cave. Oh, and charge your cell phone up tonight. We don’t want you losing power during the call. Neurologists are extremely busy, so having your phone die, having to run and plug it in, redial the number, then have the secretary redirect your call would just waste too much of her time. Oh, and when you make the call, stay away from the trees so you donĂ«t risk losing all your signal strength.”

“Okay, I’ll plug it in before bed. So, how long does weaning take?”

“I’m no doctor, I don’t know. How much are you taking again? Fifteen milligrams?”

“Twenty.”

“Well, I assume you’ll be dropped to fifteen for two weeks, then ten for two weeks, then five for another two weeks, then she’ll call to re-evaluate to see if you need to drop it completely.”

“Huh?”

“Okay, if you do well on a smaller dose, she may just leave you on that and avoid taking you off completely. If your dreams stop being a problem at five, she will most likely keep you on that amount, because that medicine really does help to keep your thoughts in order. So just call her and see how she decides to handle this.”

“Okay, thanks. Well, it’s late. I’ll go plug in my phone and go to bed.”

“Good night, Chomper. Oh, and don’t forget your meds.”

“I won’t. Night.”

Deep into that night, Chomper dreamed yet again of two things, one of which had Doc being a terrifying monster again, and he awoke panting.

“Ruby!”

“Huh? Wha-? Oh, hey, Chomper. What is it?”

“I had another dream! I need to call her right now!’

“It’s too early. The clinic will be closed. Besides, it’s not like the problem will just vanish after the call. Even after you start weaning, it will be weeks before you can tell the difference.”

“Okay, I understand. But I can’t get back to sleep. The other dream I had was even more scary.”

“Oh? What was it?”

“I had a nightmare that our past adventures weren’t real, but were just a bunch of movies and episodes that humans watch. And ever worse…”

“Yeah?”

“The nightmare went on to show that this very moment isn’t real either, that some goofy man who uses a screen name that’s related to me is just making a caption thread and we’re the result.”

“Don’t be silly, Chomper. It was just a dream. Our lives are as real as anyone else’s. Now please, try and get back to sleep.”

“Well, okay. But if this scene comes to a sudden stop because that man had nothing more to write, I warned you.”

“Good night, Chomper.”

Littlefoot505: Wow. I see why this guy was known for his long posts.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 02:44:16 PM by Littlefoot505 »

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
There are great captions here, but this one takes the cake.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
The Lone Dinosaur, a scary story sharpteeth parents tell their young to scare them into eating their dinner.

"No sharptooth ever bothered to eat that longneck, and over time, it grew into that unstoppable monster!

"Now, eat! Before your dinner turns into that!"

(but really, nothing can stand up to what you just wrote :blink: )
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Did we just stumble into one of those animated Titanic movies?
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
OMG! HE WAS RIGHT!!!!!!  :blink:

Uh...that is, if you don't eat your vegtables you turn into that. :p

LBTLover1

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pranksterclan.co.nr
I can't caption anymore...you took the best Friendly Sharptooth.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Wow, the Barney Reboot is hardcore!
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
Geez, those plastic surgery results that he had right after filming “The Secret of Saurus Rock” must have really taken notice!

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
What Doc looks like in the morning when he first wakes up and before he has any coffee.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Why we find out that Doc has had plastic surgery before arriving in the Great Valley a second time...

Fyn16

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
You wouldn't want to see Doc when he's angry...

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Dracorider19

• Spike
  • If you wanna be great, let greatness surround you
    • View Profile
That is one of the most terrifying images I have seen in the LBT series, comparable to
the original Sharptooth.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile