The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ace Combat: Frieben Rising Sign Up

Fyn16 · 35 · 4371

Fyn16

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I'm starting a new RP up entitled "Ace Combat: Frieben Rising." The story essentially takes place around the events affecting three countries in the AC universe: Frieben, the smallest but most economically powerful, Ardval, the largest, known for its strong military, and Remertia, a currently neutral country which lies between the others, and contains the Remertian Peace Embassy, where leaders of the three countries meet. Here's the briefing:

After Frieben is discovered to be a veritable treasure chest of natural resources, Ardval begins to mobilize troops on its borders. Both Frieben and Remertia suspect an imminent invasion, though Ardval's representatives deny this. Frieben finds itself under immense pressure to prepare a fighting force it does not have, as its military is weak. Under secrecy, Remertia begins deploying "peacekeeping" forces and supplying new weapons systems to strengthen Frieben's own military. Before long, Ardval finds out about Remertia's clandestine troop movements and makes a declaration: Remertia has two weeks to remove its forces from Frieben, or its actions will be considered as acts of war, and will be dealt with as such. The RP starts in the days leading up to Ardval's deadline. Tensions are high, weapons are readied-

And in all three nations, Air Forces are preparing for what they see as imminent war...

So, there's the story, now here's the deal: Each RP'er will designate a squadron and country of origin for their OCs. Squadrons can be as big or small as you wish. They also do not have to be affiliated with a government (i.e. Mercenaries). I would also recommend selecting specific aircraft for squadrons to operate.

This is not to say you have to be a pilot. Ground and naval forces are participating in the situation as well. Heck, even civilians can (and often do) play an important role in Ace Combat.

Most importantly, remember that as of now, there is no "wrong side" to choose. All nations have their own reasons for preparing for potential war. No one is more right than the other, and not everything is as it seems...

Now to select squadrons. When I feel we have enough players, the game will begin. Feel free to spread the word. The more, the merrier! Now choose your allegiances and prepare for battle!

In the tumult of battle, as warriors fight, who is truly noble? Is anyone right? Is anyone wrong? Only those courageous and pure of heart know the answer..

Fyn16

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I'll start.

Nation: Remertia

Squadron: 416th Counter-Threat Squadron- "Nightbirds"

Aircraft operated:
-OV-10S (a "what if" version of the OV-10 Bronco used by the US in the 60s)
-A-10 "Warthog"
-C-130 (multiple variants)
-YF-23 "Black Widow II,"
-YF-34 "Peregrine" (experimental aircraft, also fictional. I will have a picture soon).
-Panavia Tornado
-MiG 29 "Fulcrum"

Additional aircraft are occasionally "borrowed" by the squad for various purposes.

Notable Pilots:

Marcus Feisler (Nightbird 1), Callsign: Spade

Henrik Shadal (Nightbird 2), Callsign: Riff

Jade Sarelson (Nightbird 3), Callsign: Angel

Squad History: The 416th was formed as part of a contingency operation in the event of hostile action towards Remertia. The operation was essentially a "force strengthener," which placed several small, well-trained squadrons throughout the nation, tasked with performing clandestine "peacekeeping" missions in order to maintain Remertia's safety. The 416th is widely known for its skilled pilots, but much of its operations remain classified. During the weeks leading up to the Frieben Conflict, the 416th was put on alert and assigned the task of flying border watch.

Pictures of fictional or modified aircraft and squadron patch coming soon!

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Team:  2nd Battery, 46th Mobile Air Defense Battalion
Nationality:  Ardval
Vehicles Operated:  

- Canadian ADATS
- T55AM Marksman
- ZSU-57-2

Noted Characters:

- Kenshi Minamoto (gunner, lead vehicle)
- George Thompson (driver, lead vehicle)
- Ayisha Goyevsky (commander, lead vehicle)

History:  Like the rest of the battalion and the rest of the armed forces, the Battery is well-versed and well-trained in their field of warfare against both air and land opponents.  Though they had no previous combat experience, they are found near the front lines against Remertia & Frieben, upon hearing their sudden military build-up as a sign of imminent aggression against Ardval...

How's this?

Fyn16

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Outstanding. I especially like the fact that you're using some really unique vehicles (I googled them), and it should be fun to hear this story from the ground troops' perspectives as well. Approved!

Fyn16

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile

Fyn16

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
To get things moving, I believe we can start posting events leading up to the start of the RP now, a prologue if you will. No combat yet; we need more people for that, but we can do a few things to get the ball rolling.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Thanks!  It was either this or a helicopter gunship squadron, and I wanted to try something more challenging for the role in the story.  I know how hard it'd be to blow up aircraft from the ground now-a-days.

Fyn16

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Squadron: 396th Tactical Fighter Squadron (Gheist)

Nationality: Friebenese (formerly Belkan).

Aircraft Operated:

-EF-2000
-X-02 "Wyvern"
-Boeing Bird of Prey

Notable Pilots:

Ceasar Hyerich

Squad History: Gheist squadron was formed shortly after the Circum-Pacific War between Osea and Yuktobania, when members of the defeated Grabacr squadron defected to Frieben. The squadron is Frieben's top fighter group, and holds a zero-loss record.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Count me in.

Nation: Frieben

Squadron: 15th Tactical Fighter-Bomber Squadron "Whirlwind" (mercenary squadron)

Aircraft: Because Frieben's military is not up to date and because old surplus planes are cheap, Whirlwind squadron primarily uses old, antiquated aircraft.  All planes have been modified with machine guns and standard air-to-air capabilities for self defense.

Avro CF-105 Arrow (fighter)

F-8 Crusader (multirole)

SAAB J-35 Draken (fighter)

Blackburn Buccaneer (ground attack)

Sukhoi Su-25 Frogfoot (ground attack)

F-4 Phantom (multirole)

MIG-29 Fulcrum (fighter)

Notable Pilots:

Danial Garret  (Whirlwind 1) Callsign: Gryphon

Max Renolds (Whirlwind 2) Callsign: Bonehead

Thomas Freeman (Whirlwind 3) Callsign: Manticore

History: The 15th Tactical Fighter-Bomber Squadron is a newly formed squadron consisting of foreign mercenary pilots hired by the government.  Whirlwind squadron consists of three pilots formerly hailing from Erusea.  After the rest of their squadron was wiped out during the final battle of the Usea Continental War, the three remaining pilots deserted and became freelance mercenaries.  The squadron was initially approached by both Ardval and Frieben.  Thomas Freeman wanted to join Ardval because he found the idea of crushing a small country appealing but Danial, being the leader of the group, accepted the contract with Frieben instead.

Pilot profiles:
Danial Garret

Height: 5' 9"

Weight 170 lbs

Hair Color: Black

Eye color: brown

Brief bio: Danial was formerly in a squadron of the Erusean Airforce during the Usea Continental War.  After his country's defeat, Danial and his two comrades deserted their routed airforce, hiring themselves out to various countries in several small scale conflicts.  Danial is serious about his job, but he does enjoy a good laugh every now and then.  He prefers flying older aircraft and feels that he can take on any overconfident pilot regardless of how advanced their plane is.  Danial has a sense of honor and does not take part in operations that may result in civilians and other noncombatant casualties.  

Max Renolds

Height: 6' 4"

Weight: 230 lbs

Hair Color: dark red

Eye Color: Blue

Brief Bio: Like his comrades, Max Renolds deserted from the Erusean Airforce after their defeat in battle.  Max is tall and muscular and is often seen as the "dumb muscle" of the team.  Nevertheless, he is a talented pilot and an excellent combat strategist.  Max has served in the air force since he was sixteen, lying about his age and forging documents to get in.  However, due to discipline problems, he never rose above the rank of First Lieutenant.  Max can be hardheaded at times but he is Danial's best friend and will follow him anywhere.

Thomas Freeman

Height: 5' 5"

Weight: 150 lbs

Hair Color: Brown

Eye Color: grey

Brief Bio: Thomas Freeman joined the airforce near the end of the war, never gaining much experience.  He was trained by Danial in basic combat and eagerly looks forward to seeing a major conflict.  Disturbingly, he seems to relish in bloodshed, which both Danial and Max have called him out on sever occasions.  Though Thomas gets along fine with the other members of his squadron, he harbors a dark secret.  He is a psychopathic killer, a fact that he tries to hide from his squad mates.  He murdered several people before joining the military and used the war as an excuse to take more lives.  He often chases down fleeing enemies and mercilessly destroys them.  At times, he has considered leaving the group and fighting on his own because he does not like the rules that Danial forces him to abide by.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Is it OK if I do another group?  Like an AWACS aircraft?

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Thanks again!

Team:  Aegir 9, 74th Air Control Squadron
Nationality:  Ardval
Aircraft Operated:

- Boeing E-3 Sentry
- Northrop Grumman E-2 Hawkeye (for short runways & carriers)

Noted Characters:

- Eric Johanson (radar operator)
- Cynthia Morris (navigation officer)
- Tyler Forest (squadron communications officer)
- Mark Trenton (pilot)

History:  Aegir 9 is a member of the newly formed 74th Air Control Squadron to provide support for some of the nation's Air Force.

Fyn16

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: F-14 Ace,Aug 18 2012 on  12:02 AM

Danial Garret

Height: 5' 9"

Weight 170 lbs

Eye color: brown

Brief bio: Danial was formerly in a squadron of the Erusean Airforce during the Usea Continental War.  After his country's defeat, Danial and his two comrades deserted their routed airforce, hiring themselves out to various countries in several small scale conflicts.  Danial is serious about his job, but he does enjoy a good laugh every now and then.  He prefers flying older aircraft and feels that he can take on any overconfident pilot regardless of how advanced their plane is.  Danial has a sense of honor and does not take part in operations that may result in civilians and other noncombatant casualties.  

I can definitely see some potential tension between Danial and Ceasar. It should be interesting to see how this plays out!

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
This looks to be good.

Nation: Osea

71st Tactical Fighter Squadron "Cyclone"

Noteable Aircraft: The Cyclone Squadron mostly relies on fast, agile aircraft for dogfight and hit-and-run tactics.

F/A-18 Hornet(Multirole)

F/A-22 Raptor(Multirole)

XFA-24A Apalis(Multirole)

Notable Pilots:

Seth Hunter(Cyclone 1) - Callsign: Pheonix

Kyle Aden(Cyclone 2) - Callsign: Jackal

Eve Alexia(Cyclone 3) - Callsign: Firefly

History: The 71st Tactical Fighter Squadron, nicknamed "Cyclone", was formed shortly after the unsung war between Osea and Yuktobania. Since then, they have become one of Osea's most skilled squadrons, Next to Razgriz.

Pilot Profiles:

Name: Seth Hunter

Hair Color: Brown

Eye Color: Hazel

Brief Bio: Seth Hunter originally was a graduate at the Emmerian Flight Academy, he had joined the Air Corps to follow in his father's footsteps.

When he was visiting Yuktobania in the year 2010, war broke out and Hunter got his first taste of combat when Emmeria allied with Osea.

However, when the war ended, Seth left to join the Osean Air Force and over time, became the Squadron leader of the 71st Tactical Fighter Squadron, His skills are second to none, he has a sense of honor and isn't afraid to take on any adversary on matter how difficult it may seem.

Name: Kyle Aden

Eye Color: Blue

Brief Bio: Kyle joined the Squadron after he gave up his position as an infantryman in the Osean Army. He is second in command after Seth Hunter.
Much is known about him.

Name: Eve Alexia

Hair Color: Auburn

Eye Color: Brown

Brief Bio: As a child, Eve Alexia always dreamed of being an ace pilot. She joined the Osean Air Force at age 23 and was assigned to the 71st Tactical Squadron. In combat, she takes the enemy by storm. Her skills rival that of Hunter's.

That should be enough info for now.

Fyn16

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Very nice! When Osea comes into play, who does it ally with?

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Fyn16

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Awesome! It's about time somebody allied with my characters! Let the games begin!

Fyn16

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Some really bad-quality pictures of the hand-drawn first draft of the YF-34 "Peregrine." Hopefully, I'll have my scanner up and running tomorrow so I can do a "professional" version on the computer!

For now, I suppose you'll just have to settle for the "classified blueprints." :smile