The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

New RPG

dinorawr

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Since this place has been experiencing a drought for a while now, does anyone have any ideas for a fresh new RPG to help bring it back to life? I've got a few ideas, but they're not all that great. Anyone willing to edit/contribute to them to make them something that we could all work with, that'd be great.

A - A Great Valley Fire that forces the herds to leave the Valley for a short time, and the grownups have conflicting ideas on where to go, which causes a split up in the gang of five.

B - A remake of the fifth movie.

C - A herd of hardened planteaters from the Mysterious Beyond break through the Great Wall and try to lead new lives in the Great Valley, but forget to close the hole they created back up, allowing unwanted visitors into the valley as well.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
While your intentions are noble, it would be best if you had posted this in the discussion thread rather than the actual rp thred. No worries though :D I'm sure somebody will move it to the correct place.

I think the main problem at the moment is summer vacation/work is pulling people down. I know work is keeping me pretty busy, but I am making every attempt to get back into the swing of things.

As for any new ideas, I like your option C the best out of the three you suggested. I think it's better to stay away from recreating any of the movies, and your first suggestion sounds a little too much like your second one. However, because of summer vacation and stuff, it may be hard for people to commit to an rp at the moment. Otherwise, your option C would make a pretty good rp.

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Moved to RolePlay Discussions.
Got to say that I like the idea of C.
Sounds like a pretty straight LBT story, which would be nice for a change.

Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Another idea folks don't think of is a lbt setting set a bit after certain movies where the folks left the great valley.  Like after 5 but before they left that area they were staying in to return to the Great Valley before the 6th movie happened, or at the hot springs just outside the Great Valley shortly after the 8th movie ended.  

Or possibly starting an rp like it happened in a movie or tv episode, but let it go in other directions perhaps.

Another idea is one based on the 1st movie.  There has been an rp of this already done, but there is no reason it can't be done every year or 2.  The previous one was, I think, original characters only, no fc's.

dinorawr

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Lol I searched and searched but couldn't find the right place ):
But yeah, option C is my favorite too. And I could understand how the summer would make it harder to do the story.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Why would the plant eaters break through the great wall when the Great Valley has several entrances?  Just curious.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Well perhaps the Great Wall is the most obvious entrance from the Mysterious Beyond into the Great Valley. ALthough, since it was reclosed in LBT II, breaking through it would be a difficult task indeed.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Yes, it has some pretty large rocks.  If I could post pictures I'd do a screenshot of the great wall from the 2nd movie.

dinorawr

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Well an entire herd would be able to move a small section, don't you think? I'm not to sure, which is why I ask you all.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It took quite a few to put the wall back up.  Though the gang were able to knock it down, maybe with an earthshake.  I don't recall the exact details.  It's been a while since I've seen the 2nd movie.

dinorawr

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I think there was a heavy storm and it caused a mud/rockslide. But then, that would make the plotline basically a remake of 2.

dinorawr

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Sorry for the double post, but I had another idea.

How about this: everyone's in the valley, and then a few more watering places show up. nobody thinks nothing of it, until more and more show up. but when the waters get to the point where nests are swept away and families are forced to move to higher ground, everyone knows something is wrong. food becomes hard to find, they constantly have to travel to ensure they won't be swept away in their sleep (not everyone as a group, but any family/herd who feels the need), and then the problem isn't resolved until a few of the kids (and some grownups looking for the kids) go into the Mysterious Beyond.

Idk, I know it sounds A LOT like number 3, but with a different rising action and spark-off. Thoughts?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Like what happened in the 9th movie with some having to move their nests, due to all the rain. New water appearing, Mo appearing, ect?

In case folks don't remember Mo, I have a screenshot of him.  http://s696.photobucket.com/albums/vv325/K...current=Mo5.jpg

dinorawr

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Yeah, Kor, sorta! I was thinking that this would allow more swimmer OC's to shine, for people to play swimming sharpteeth, and maybe even that thing that was in number 5 (that strangely reminds me of the lochness monster lol).

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
You mean Elsie?

http://s696.photobucket.com/albums/vv325/K...rent=Elsie2.jpg

a shot of Elsie with Littlefoot and Chomper on her back.

dinorawr

• Chomper
    • View Profile
haha you have a pic for everything <3
yep, Elsie is who I was talking about.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I have many pictures, screenshots I took when I was getting some for the LBT wiki.  I only recently put them all up on photobucket, including the ones I didn't use.   I don't have any from the 12 or 13th movie since I had started boycotting the place by then. Maybe I should get some screenshots for fun from those.

dinorawr

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Haha I notice.. i've been going through the albums  :lol:
But, Kor, what do you think of the idea? any ideas to make it better?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
If there is that much new water.  If it reaches to the big water would Mo try to use it so he can visit his friends?  He did that in the tv series episode when the water backed up that far.  

Also can't be to much or the folks stuck on the ground could not go to far.  If the gang are to leave the Great Valley there'd need to be a reason why.  Unless you want the rp to take place all within the Great Valley.