The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Balto RP

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
I'm surprised no one else came up with a suggestion for an RPG based off of Balto, with quite a few fans of the movies.  Anyone care to join in?

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
sure i'd join.. what the plot? Is it set inbetween the original and sequels?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
I only have a few vague ideas, such as:

Aleu's pack returns to find Nava & Niju, but they, and Balto, run into a rogue pack also trying to find the lost wolves.

A federal marshal and his wolfdog come to Nome to hunt some fugitives, who kidnap some kids, including Rosie.

Some unsavory visitors come to Nome to set up a dog fighting arena, and try to drag Balto and other dogs into it.

A nearby town, ravaged by mysterious wild dog attacks, sends a mob to Nome thinking a wolfdog there may be one of the feral attackers.

That's all I got.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I might be interested now that I have a bit more time on my hands.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Until we get a more defined plot, here's the profile setup and list of FC characters:

Balto =  Rocky
Jenna =  Rocky
Steele =  MK
Boris =  Nick22
Muk =  Rocky
Luk=  Rocky
Nikki =
Kaltag =
Star =
Rosie =
Dixie =  Nick22
(Wolf's Quest)
Aleu = Belmont2500
Nava =  MK
Niju =
Mel =
Aniu =
(Wings of Change)
Kodi =  Petrie85
Dusty =  MK
Ralph =  MK
Kirby =
Dipsy =
Duke =

Name:
Species:
Equipment:  if any
Description:
Personality:
Brief History:

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Here are my multi-plot characters:

Name:  Casey
Species:  Husky/Wolf mix (husky predominant)
Description:  Red fur w/ white underside & brown patches, brown eyes, paunchy
Personality:  Laid-back, easy going, relaxed, but gets pepped when his family comes by, loves belly rubs, calls his father "Pops"
Brief History:  Casey is one of Balto's sons adopted as puppies, growing up in the company of a local artist named Anna.  Unlike his siblings, he was never inspired to be a sled dog, and was sometimes teased until his siblings were to busy in their jobs.  However, he proves to be quite active if he wanted to, and could even hold his own in a friendly race.

Name:  Kain
Species:  Husky
Description:  Dark gray fur w/ white underside, bright blue eyes
Personality:  A proud husky, but never cruel or conceited like his brother.  This doesn't mean he enjoys the company of someone like Balto, whom he most often ignores.  Although not seeming, he is very protective of his young owner and is always with him when traveling the town.
Brief History:  Kain is Steele's brother and almost mirrors him in looks, but not in personality.  Rather than being a sled dog, he becomes the personal companion to a young boy named Ken, whom he shadows throughout the town.  He cares not in the conflicts between Steele & Balto, but after Balto saved the town, including Ken, Kain shows Balto a little more respect whenever they cross paths.

Name:  Kano
Species:  Wolf
Description:  Silver fur w/ darker brindle pattern, gold eyes, Balto's age
Personality:  Calm, protective, wise for his age.  His limited shaman talents mainly revolve around talking with the spirits in the winds.
Brief History:  Kano was once a lone wolf until he came to meet Aleu and her pack weeks after they crossed the sea.  As the only shaman, he becomes a sort of adviser and guide to Aleu.

Name:  Jared Spires
Species:  Human
Equipment:  Lever-action rifle, M1911 handgun
Description:  Caucasian, light brown hair, gray eyes, 5'11", light build
Personality:  Stern, calm-spoken, enjoys the company of dogs, fierce & ruthless on the hunt
Brief History:  Jared first served as a Texas Ranger and a soldier in the Great War before becoming a Marshall.  Here, he started off hunting after criminals and fugitives in the Rocky Mountain states, then he was assigned to the Alaskan territories, along with his canine companion, King.

Name:  King
Species:  German Shepherd/European Wolfdog
Description:  German shepherd colors w/ hints of gray, copper eyes, medium German accent
Personality:  No-nonsense, practical, stern, fierce, duty-bound, suspicious of most humans, but playful with children, loyal to Jared
Brief History:  King was a puppy born in Germany during the Great War, and was bought by Jared and taken to the United States.  He was raised to be a tracking dog and assisting his owner to chase down wanted fugitives.

Rocky

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Name: Patrick
Breed: Husky/ Wolfdog (Looks like his dad)
Appearance: Looks just like his father.
Personality: Playful and energenic. Patrick is a playful pup who wants to grow up to be a sled dog, like his dad, mom, and brothers. Patrick loves to race.
Bio: Patrick is a pup from Balto and Jenna's latest litter, so he's younger compared to his older siblings like Kodi and aleu. Patrick wasn't adopted, but it doesn't bother him. Patrick loves to hear about his dad's adventures and loves spending time with his "Grandpa" Boris.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
If it's OK with anyone, I'd like to play Nava, Ralph, Dusty, & Steele.

Rocky

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'll play Balto, Jenna, Muk and Luk.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
We just need one or two more players, and we'll get started.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
I only have a few vague ideas, such as:

Aleu's pack returns to find Nava & Niju, but they, and Balto, run into a rogue pack also trying to find the lost wolves.  (Any time after Wolf Quest)

A federal marshal and his wolfdog come to Nome to hunt some fugitives, who kidnap some kids, including Rosie.  (Any time after 1st movie)

Some unsavory visitors come to Nome to set up a dog fighting arena, and try to drag Balto and other dogs into it.  (Any time after 1st movie)

A nearby town, ravaged by mysterious wild dog attacks, sends a mob to Nome thinking a wolfdog there may be one of the feral attackers.  (Any time after 1st movie)

EDIT:

Also, I have:

A team of trainers come to Nome to recruit and train sled dogs & handlers in search & rescue.  (Any time after Wings of Change)

Any of these can be mixed together to use multiple plots, or one can follow another in the story.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
If there are any characters left I'll play.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Take your pick, Petrie.  The ones with GOF members' names by them are chosen, but there's still plenty that are open.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I'll pick Kodi for this role play.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
You're in, Petrie85.

I think we have enough to start off one or two of the ideas, unless anyone have new ideas, of course.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
OK...  Anybody up for a start date to get this RP going?

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'll play Boris and Dixie..
 and we should start this by the 20th imo.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
You're in, Nick.  And unless anybody objects, we'll start on the 20th.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
As the toll strikes 7/20 in my area, we begin now...

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
This seems like it will be interesting, even though it has been forever since I've seen any of the Balto films.

I guess I'll play Aleu(since I remember liking her back in the day) and two OCs.

Name: Fenrir
Species: Gray Wolf
Description: Gray fur w/ white underside and gray eyes.
Personality: Noble but reserved, almost always cool and collected. Though he appears sorrowful at times. He has respect for all life.
Brief History: Fenrir was born to a pack of Gray Wolves who roamed northwest of Nome. His father was Alpha and his mother was one of the most respected hunters in the pack.

At first, his life was calm and seemed so safe and tranquil. But when Fenrir had grown into a fine young wolf, his life took a turn for the worst. Half of his pack was killed in a wildfire and the rest were eventually picked off by poachers. Fenrir has lived as a lone wolf ever since.

Name: James Taylor
Species: Human
Occupation: Works as a gold miner(since the Nome gold rush was going on during that time period).
Equipment: M1917 revolver , pocket knife
Description: Caucasian, dark brown hair, brown eyes, average-sized, light build.
Personality: Doubtful, but is calm-spoken, has respect for life except his own and bit skeptical.
Brief history: James was the only son of Nellie and Joseph Taylor, a poor couple living in Nome. As a child he lived a hard life of poverty and at times was abused by his father whenever the man needed something, or someone, to take his anger out on. Both of his parents died in a train wreck. Leaving James as an orphan.

Now at the age of 20, James works as a miner of various minerals(which he loathes), mostly gold, and usually hikes to pass the time. He always loved to be around dogs and views wolves with a sense of awe.