The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT Next Gen Video Fan Game!

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Hoo! :blink:  You sure are a one man army if you're really making this game!

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I don't have the guts, unlike Riphstar, to make a whole game on my own. :p

My little team and I are struggling enough with our LBT game (not in competition with this one, as I'm sure the games will be completely different).

Best of luck, Riphstar!  Be sure to keep us posted!

Riphstar

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Sorry for my late replys in the last 4 months. I took a break for christmas time, and after the new year I started up again.
As always it is going slow since it is only me doing this and friend (who I can't give away yet due to spoilers, let just say he is apart of this forum lol) who is writing the story for this project.
Since I am the one man army here, this project will really takes it time for a demo or a full trailer to be shown. But do not lose hope.

I am sorry for not updating with more info or pictures of the game. But I can say that there will be a day and night and weather system built into the project.
Model wise I have had a some problems with the way I have built the great valley, I do not know how to make these characters look. either give them a realistic approach or for a more cartoon look.

Also I will be lending a hand with Actions project helping with the models.

I will try to get some more pictures of videos out soon. But thank you all for supporting and being patient for this project. That means alot to me. :)

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Just so you know, Riphstar, if you ever want your own subforum dedicated to your game (similar to how I have one at the top of the LBT Projects forum) just let me know.  I haven't made you one since you seem to be doing your own organization with your one-man army and since you'd rather not toss spoilers our way. :)

If it would ever prove helpful, feel free to let me know.

Riphstar

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Thank you Action!

Best wait till I fully make the reveal of the game :)
But A subform would be good at the time, because I will need Voice Actors and composers for this project.

But for now, I will shower you all with screenshots and teaser till the day. :D

Riphstar

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Sorry for not updating in a long time. But to make it up I have added some teaser posters to codename Project Chronos.
They are on the first page, check them out and do what you like with them lol.

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I can voice act LOL

in fact best bet everyone hear will start flooding the topic about that

Riphstar

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I will be holding Auditions for Voice Actors and Actresses soon!.
For now I will try to keep in touch with more updates!.

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
My question is, how long did it take to render 1 frame of those scenes? The screenshots do indeed look like actual photos, very similar to Crysis, though even better. Unless your computer is an absolute monster (and I do mean a "monster") there is no way anybody would be able to play this game in its full glory without either crashing their computer altogether, or dealing with horrible framerates. There is a game out now called Metro2033, when turned up to max, the graphics in that game are unbelieveable, some of the best out today, but it will destroy almost anybody's setup, so it's not worth it to even bother trying to play that game on max settings. That to me is very stupid, that companies will make games with certain features only the top-dollar video card setups can handle (and by top-dollar, I'm talking $1000+ just for the video card(s)). There is no point in these awe-striking graphics if barely anybody is able to enjoy them. You have to remember that fluid, smooth gameplay is more important than anything. Though Crysis is an absolutely awesome looking game, I believe it was badly optimized, many many people claim they cannot get any higher than 35 frames in that game, even with the settings all turned down to low. That is completely unacceptable, regardless of how nice the game looks. I hope, for the majority of the gamer community's sake, that you focus primarily on optimizing this to run well rather than to look amazing. That being said, you should definitely focus on optimizing this game to take advantage of multi-gpu setups, especially with a game that will look like this.

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Littlefootfan: PC game optimization has always been a problem, period, and will be that way till the end of time
You have to remember that fluid, smooth gameplay is more important than anything.
There have been amazing games released that have had groundbreaking graphics and tech for their time...(magic carpet, doom, mario 64, GTA3, morrowind, REmake, half-life2, various others i have forgotten) if developers didn't rely on technological advancement, they wouldn't have been notable to gamers, let alone be the games that they were... i can see where you're going as a PC gamer though, it is a frustrating hobby that eats up a lot of money, and even when that money is well worth spent, you still get a sup-par experience that you need a few months (or even more than a year) just to enjoy

As was said I will believe nothing until I see Littlefoot rendered

I doubt this being made by one person, unless it's a mod, and even then impressive mods still take at least a group of five people

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Campion1,Feb 24 2011 on  06:38 PM
Littlefootfan: PC game optimization has always been a problem, period, and will be that way till the end of time
You have to remember that fluid, smooth gameplay is more important than anything.
There have been amazing games released that have had groundbreaking graphics and tech for their time...(magic carpet, doom, mario 64, GTA3, morrowind, REmake, half-life2, various others i have forgotten) if developers didn't rely on technological advancement, they wouldn't have been notable to gamers, let alone be the games that they were... i can see where you're going as a PC gamer though, it is a frustrating hobby that eats up a lot of money, and even when that money is well worth spent, you still get a sup-par experience that you need a few months (or even more than a year) just to enjoy

As was said I will believe nothing until I see Littlefoot rendered

I doubt this being made by one person, unless it's a mod, and even then impressive mods still take at least a group of five people
Riphstar is however a professional game designer. And he said he is making it with a friend.

Riphstar

• Ruby
    • View Profile
You are right. PC performences have and always be a big problem. For everyone. Even the one that has this over $5000 monster of a PC will one day run into problems.
But I should clear up some stuff that most of you are worried about.

If the game can be run on your PCs? Yes it can, I would not call my computer a beast, It can play games very well which is good for me and the graphics card I use is nVidia Geforce 9800 GT, and in UK money you could get for less than £100. This game will only be playable for PC, since this and only will be a fan game, due to many copyrights and codes of law. It will not be on any other console and will not charge you to play. This will be a free game to download and play to have fun. I am making this game for fun, not to show off to some major company. I enjoy making games, if it be made by some Game maker or RPG maker. This is all for fun and for you all to sit down and play the game and try to enjoy it.

I know what you are thinking and I do too. Looking at the screenshots, how the heck are you going to do this!. Well when I sit down and look at these screenshots and levels I freak out that something like this can be made into an LBT fangame. Breaking the fourth wall, by giving it this almost HD look.

I know and I am sorry that I do not have any images of a Littlefoot game model. Maya is a pretty advance program to work with...

Right now progress is moving but at a slow pace due to me doing this and enjoying Marvel vs Capcom 3 and other games lol. For those who worry if you can not run the game when it comes out. I will add a GUI that will allow you all to turn or raise the graphics, sound, controls. etc.

Last but not least. I will be posting a video very soon to show off what our Great Valley will be in full on game mode instead of screenshots.

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
well, I'll put some trust in that you got this going.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Sounds like you are making some noteworthy progress Riph! Can't argue that what you've got so far is pretty darn impressive. Can't wait to see a full scaled video trailer of the GV once your done. It's a mammoth sized project dude so make sure you don't burn yourself out. We'll just be grateful to see it once its done ;)

Riphstar

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Alright, no new images sorry. But got a quick update, The engine I am using for this game. Now has DirectX 11 support! So this should be fun! Now I can advance the Depth of Field, Dynamically shadowed image-based reflections and support for graphic tablets, this is perfect!.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
will you ever be putting up an alpha or beta version of the game up for some testing, or finish it before you let us play?

looks interesting, but I wanna see how the gameplay will be like before I say anything else.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

CreativePerson

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Is anything happening at all? Updates, news, anything? Oh no, please don't cancel this like the LBT RPG Game!

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I also wondering what is happening to this game. It sounds and looks really good.