The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Characters

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I hope Ozzie and Strut are in it!  I hope they are the bad guys.

JojotheIncredible

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I hope they don't have one main reoccuring villain. That is so overdone. Different villains for each episode would be better.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I'm not so sure on that. In fact I like the idea of villains acting on more vicious motives than just the wish to eat and survive (sharpteeth). Of all the talking villains we have had so far (with Pterano's being a true villain being a matter of question) I consider Ozzy and Strut the most interesting villains. I like the general concept of letting characters reappear and don't see why Chomper should remain the only ever to do so.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I didn.t mean that Ozzie and Strutt be the ONLY villians.  Heck, I'd like to see some new villians but Ozzie and Strutt are my favorite villians.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I see. Guess I didn't take the part of more than just them in. I agree with you that other villains could return as well (e.g. Ichty, Dill, Rinkus, and Sierra).

KonCepT

• Ruby
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/kk_kitsune/
I want every character to return, but only if they don't mess up.
Especially Ali.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
:x I hope it isn't going to be a dang baby show.  It had better be good since they are making us wait until 2007 to see it.  It better not just be about learning the ABC or crud like that.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I can't stand baby shows.  e.g. Teletubbies, Barney Dora, etc... :angry:  :x They make me sick.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Then why do you watch them ace?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I don't watch them.  My brat sister dispite being almost 13 does.  Even if I don't watch them, I can still hear them in the other room.  It sucks!

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Don't you think that others would say the very same about your favor of LBT? Live and let live I say. There are people out there who would consider it bizarre that a 16 year old fan of land before time fan complains about his 12 year old sister watching children movie.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Ditto that. Being an LBT fan myself, I dont openly go announcing that it's my favourite animated movie. In fact, everytime I go to purchase a newly released LBT movie, I always get some person glaring at me as if to say "Why is that guy looking at children's movies?" It's none of their business but I can tell that's what they're thinking. Each to their own I say (and have always said).  ;)

As for the content, I seriously doubt it will be the gang teaching kids to count. They already have multimedia packages for that sorta thing. I'm being silently optimistic about the series...all though I know other people out there would be happy to see the LBT saga come to a close. Screw them I say! PMSL! :lol

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
remember Ace, that everyone has different tastes, and that everyone has an 'inner child'. Why else do we continue to watch cartoons? Because they connect us to our childhood.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I know how that is, ace. I get the same thing all the time.  :rolleyes: The best thing is just to ignore them, as I take you do.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
:angry: I try to ignore these problems but my sister insists on watching dvds on my repeat (MY) PS2 while I am using it.  If i don't she will act all inmature and scream.  Last night, she picked up the cat and dropped it on me cuz of it.  She is such an idiot.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Alright, we got real off subject here.  lets get back to the talk about the tv series.  Basicly, I just hope it isn't a baby show.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
I highly doubt it will be any more "kiddie" than the series. With the series, they have a shot at expanding on the universe, which, we all know, is an opportunity the makers are not going to take, yet again, despite being handed the opportune moment to do so...yet again.

I like the idea of having a reoccurring villain and having a villain's motives being "revenge".
Perhaps they should get a new villain (one that actually matches the original sharptooth in being menacing), and have him be beaten once, and then have him return to get the kids back for owning him on their previous encounter.
Then have him show up, from time to time, but not so often that his menace goes down.
Also, perhaps, have him merely be the "plotter" of a lot of their troubles, sending others to do his dirty work for him. This would potentially lead to the dynamic of the heroes not knowing that it is actually 'him' who is the most current threat all the time, as well. They know it's him sometimes, of course, but they don't always know it's him. This might also lead to some episodes where Littlefoot and the others think they're doing right, but are actually playing right into his claws, and only realize this when it's almost to late.
Also, what if the Great Valley dinosaurs merely "survive" some of his attempts to get them, without him actually being beaten all the time, physically or intelligentually. What he was the actual winner from time to time, but not winning in a "killing one of the main characters" way, of course.
This character could, say, be an intelligent sharptooth (T-Rex).

This way, they would have a consistant villain, and not have him be uninteresting or unscary if they deal with the character right. Trust me, this series seriously needs a good, serious villain again. It would not hurt anything if the series had a cold, calculating baddie.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It would not hurt anything if the series had a cold, calculating baddie.
I wholeheartedly agree!
As for a sharptooth, I would certainly welcome another LBT 1 kind of sharptooth. One might make him scarier by creating the motive of revenge. Maybe one could pick up the element that was sort of abandoned in the original movie. They never made a big fuzz about the sharptooth being revengeful about the loss of an eye when he chased Littlefoot through the thorny thicket. Also it might be interesting to have a grownup sharptooth with a crude knowledge of leafeater language (which would enable it of much more stealth and slyness if it comes for example to setting up a trap). Still any sharpteeth are rather "obvious" villains while in fact they are no villains at all so long they just mean to eat to live.
A leafeater would probably be the best choice for a villain that is not too obvious and with possibly nastier aims. My choice would be a racist. Somebody who wants to reestablish the "pre LBT 1 ways" to the Great Valley for his or her kind.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Well, given the nature of the series, it's kind of a given that the sharpteeth are the major menace, and often time, the villains.

It could be that the abnormally intelligent Sharptooth knows about the Great Valley, and just wants in, and he's willing to use rather excessive methods of getting in. Like, say, intercepting a family of leafeaters who are trying to get into the Great Valley and then black-mailing the adults of the group into doing his bidding by holding the young ones hostage. That would make him a menace, beyond just wanting his next meal. And what is he can speak the leafeater's language fluently?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It could be that the abnormally intelligent Sharptooth knows about the Great Valley, and just wants in, and he's willing to use rather excessive methods of getting in. Like, say, intercepting a family of leafeaters who are trying to get into the Great Valley and then black-mailing the adults of the group into doing his bidding by holding the young ones hostage. That would make him a menace, beyond just wanting his next meal. And what is he can speak the leafeater's language fluently?
Possible, but not likely I reckon. I thought about kind of hostage stories too, but it seems really unlikely for a sharptooth to hold "food" hostage. It also doesn't seem very likely they would try to "store" of "food" for later times. I consider it very difficult a matter. Blackmailing the dinosaurs in the Valley? It would presuppose that either side would have some possibility to trust the other. How would the sharptooth prevent the hostages to just run for it the moment he doesnt't look at them (even sharpteeth sleep at night). In the Valley the sharptooth would be "under siege" and could not dare to get any sleep. Also there must be something about that sharptooth to be that much of a menace. Just remember the way the grownups dealt with Chomper's parents (two fully grown sharpteeth) in LBT 2. Or the merciless way two longnecks dealt with two grownup sharpteeth in LBT 6. Also I reckon it is probably somewhat strange for a sharptooth to take hostages to blackmail the dinosaurs in the Great Valley to let him in while everyone is fully aware that he doesn't mean to enter in order to become a peaceful citizen and member of the community  ;)
Speaking of that, I don't like any ideas about sharpteeth turning vegetarian. I know not if people in charge would allow that in LBT, but to me it would seem a bit too much against nature.
Nature offers another possibility for a carnivore. Namely scavenging. Dinosaurs in the Great Valley die just the way they do elsewhere. To keep the eco system healthy, there must be some sort of scavengers. Again this is difficult terrain for an LBT story.
I have read about ideas in which thousands of sharpteeth united to attack the Great Valley. I don't think that very plausible either. Unless they were fed permanently (and it requires quite a pile of meat to feed so many sharpteeth) they would probably go at each other. Raptors hunted in packs but they didn't form "armies" like that.
Another possibility would be a villain who is actually is no villain. There is a plot in my mind, but certain similarities to LBT 11 make it unlikely I'm going to write it soon. The central idea is tiny sharpteeth (there was quite a number of them). Instead of those cute little longnecks we would have sharpteeth not bigger than Ducky (maybe a little smaller). That plot idea is also the only with a kind of hostage business I'm seriously considering. I suppose that the Great Valley is great indeed, so there are many gorges or small woods etc. along its rim which are hardly "explored" by the inhabitants of the Valley. While playing hide and seek or the like Littlefoot and the others could run into the tiny sharpteeth one by one.
I suppose them to be tiny enough so especially Cera would be able to put up a fight against them (so they might have to threaten Cera, Littlefoot, and Spike into doing as they order by threatening Ducky or Petrie). Anyway, those tiny dinosaurs would be more like the insect eating (or scavenging) size not imposing a real threat to the dinosaurs in the Valley. Still, sharpteeth are sharpteeth and sharpteeth are considered a threat. That would apply even more if Littlefoot and the others met them the way described above.
What they fail to see at first however is that they are a threat to the sharpteeth rather than being threatened by them. If they told their parents about the tiny sharpteeth they would be doomed. However if the sharpteeth (some of whom might well think of killing Littlefoot and the others) keep the kids prisoners their parents would look for them and most likely discover those sharpteeth. Their living in the vicinity of leafeaters probably made the sharpteeth grasp enough words to communicate with Littlefoot and the others.
Anyway, you see that there are some distinct similarities to the plot of LBT 11 (but I swear I had this concept in mind before I ever saw the movie). The main difference would be that the leafeaters would have just a slightly better point in fearing those tiny sharpteeth than they had fearing the little longnecks.