The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Sleep and Remember II

F-14 Ace · 531 · 31056

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Darin trudged tiredly through the woods looking for a place to rest.  
"Why am I even here?" he whispered to himself.  "He doesn't want to see me.  He's happy here with his friends.  They're more family to him than I ever was."
Darin found a spot by a large boulder and curled up.  Before long, all became a blur...

Several weeks earlier...
It was a stranger's kindness that had brought about this change of heart in the bitter and unfriendly swimmer.  A stranger who had vanished as mysteriously as they has appeared.  They uurged him onward, led him to food and water, and then, would vanish without a trace.

"Don't give in!  You're not meant to die here!" called the stranger from afar.  
This was one of the few times they had spoken to him during his journey through the Mysterious Beyond.  Darin never even saw what kind of dinosaur the stranger was, or even if it was male or female.  
"Who are you?" muttered the swimmer, but he got no answer.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Longtail could see Hunter and more importantly Dante approaching and he stepped forward never once breaking eye contact with either of them. He stopped a few feet from them and looked Dante square in the eyes as he said,
"You have a visitor...I suggest you try NOT to kill him...after all...he is your brother." longtail commented with a grave and monotoned voice

General Grievous

• Spike
    • View Profile
(Pass turn.  Not much to say right now.)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
(Sorry, I forgot I was taking over for Starfall until he got back.)

Dante stepped into the cave, and for a moment, everything stopped...he couldn't believe who was lying on the ground in front of him, and then the words Longtail had spoken a few seconds ago finally made sense as he gave a deep growl and walked over to stand above Virgil.
"What do you think you're doing here you scum!" shouted Dante louder than he thought.

Longtail stepped forward and said to Dante, "careful, you can see he's hurt right...he can barely move...I say we let him speak while he still awake. and then decide what to do with him."

Hunter sat outside the cave just listening to what was going to be done.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Strafe opened her eyes at the sound of Dante's yelling and was relieved to see that he was back.  She raised her head and watched, waiting to see what was going to happen next.  This was turning out to be quite an exciting night.  

Snork didn't seem to otice as he was lying still and apparently in a deep sleep.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Dante didn't want to hear it and stepped closer to his brother with every intent on killing him right there and then.

Longtail stepped inbetween them again and said, "Dante! Don't be stupid....give him a chance...I agree I don't like this either, but we still have to try and see the good in him...after all family is all we have...after that we have nothing."

Dante turned and looked at Longtail for amoment before screaming.
"DID YOU FORGET THAT HE HELD YOU HOSTAGE AND ALMOST KILLED YOU?! ARE YOU REALLY THAT STUPID?!?"

Longtail frowned and said at a whisper, "No...I didn't forget...I still think..."

Dante didn't want to hear it as he shoved Longtail aside and said to both the flyer and his brother, "This is something I've wanted to do for longer than you know...and neither of you will stop me!"

Hunter however had heard enough and pulled on Dante's tail as she asked through saddened eyes, "What about me? Can I stop you?"

General Grievous

• Spike
    • View Profile
Kaga lifted his head to see what was going on.  He saw that Dante was back and not very happy about Virgil being there.  When it became apparent that Dante was going to kill Virgil, Kaga stood up and said sternly, "Dante, wait!  I don't like the pathetic twerp either, but at least hear him out!  He is your brother, after all."

As much as he hated Virgil, Kaga didn't want Dante to kill him.  It was more for Dante's sake than for Virgil's that Kaga spoke up.  He didn't want to see his friend, who he respected, murder someone in cold blood.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Strafe finally decided to do something stood up and walked over to Dante.
"I know he's done a lot of bad things." said the iguanodon softly, "but please don't stoop to his level, Dante.  You're better than that."
It troubled her to see her friend in this situation.  She had always admired Dante's loyalty and devotion, especially after he risked his life to save her and Snork from Shriek.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Dante looked around from Hunter to Snork, and Strafe and finally sighed.
"Alright...I'll listen, but if Virgil so much as blinks the wrong way I'll finish him!"

Longtail sighed in relief as he heard Dante's claim.
"I'm glad you're finally calming down." he said with a weak smile.

Hunter blinked away a few tears and nuzzled Dante gently without saying anything.

Dante then looked down at Virgil for a moment and asked, "So...what do we do with him? Does he have anything important to say?"

General Grievous

• Spike
    • View Profile
Kaga said, "Well, I'm obviously not going to get anymore rest tonight so let's just see what Virgil wants."  
He walked up to Virgil and said coldly, "Don't think for a second that you have any friends here.  What exactly do you want here?"

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Virgil looked weakly up at Dante and the others, then coughed slightly.
"I...What I came to tell you is that...there is a group of...sharpteeth...they are coming for the valley...but not to just pursue a few...they seek nothing less than to...to annihilate the valley, and to kill...to kill everyone..."
He said, laying his head back down...

General Grievous

• Spike
    • View Profile
Kaga turned to the others and asked, "How do we know we can trust what he says?"

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail looked at Virgil and then to Dante and Kaga.
"I...I'm not sure we can...but...look at him! Do you really think he'd do this to himself...and then try to help us?! I...I say we trust him. What other choice do we have?!" he asked out loud.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
A worried look crossed Strafe's face and she asked the others, "What are we going to do?  Should we tell the others about this?"

She then looked down at Snork who was sleeping soundly and nudged him awake with her foot.

"What?" asked the swimmer as he sat up.

"I'm surprised Dante's yelling didn't wake you up." Strafe scoffed.  "Virgil said something about a bunch of sharpteeth on their way here."

She then turned to the others and said, "Dante, ask Virgil how much time we have before they get here."

"Oh boy..." Snork sighed.  "This has been a weird day and not it is turning into a weird night."

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Virgil shook his head.
"Firstly, there's...no reason to assume... I can't speak your language...  As I can.  And...secondly...I don't know how long we have.  But they will not be swift.  The herd they are with...there are all types of sharpteeth... That fact alone will slow them down..."
He said quietly...

General Grievous

• Spike
    • View Profile
"Well whatever we do, I suggest we get some rest first." Kaga said tiredly.  "We're all here now so there is no reason to stay up any longer."

Kaga lied down next to Strafe and rested his head on the ground.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hunter stepped forward with a frown.
"This is bad news...but...I guess Kaga is right. We do need rest."

Longtail scoffed aloud as he replied, "Maybe you do...but I don't. Not for a while. So I'm going to tell the other elders in the valley!" The young flyer then flapped his wings and flew out of the cave, into the night sky.

Hunter sighed.
"He's always so willing to...'start a fire.'" she said with a tired smile.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante nodded.
"Yeah.  What's sad is that we may need a fire to stop this threat..."
He said, placing his hand on Hunter's back...

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Strafe awoke to see bright sunlight shining throuh the gaps in the foliage overhead.  It must have been mid-day at least.  Having stayed up so late, she wasn't surprised that she had slept so late.  Strafe nudged Snork and Kaga awake and said, "Come on, we need to go see the others."

The iguanodon wandered outside and looked around.  She wondered who all Longtail had informed last night.  She was a bit worried about Mr. Threehorn finding out about Dante.

Snork joined Strafe and said with a yawn, "I'm hungry.  Let's eat first."

"You're always hungry." Strafe said with a smile as she set off toward Littlefoot's herd.  "Go ahead and eat if you want.  I'm not hungry right now."