The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Sleep and Remember II

F-14 Ace · 531 · 30496

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Kaga turned to face Dante and Hunter for a moment.
"Virgil may be injured, but he's still a threat...are we sure we should leave Longtail alone with him."

Longtail gave a cocky grin as he replied, "Don't even worry...I'm more than a match for Virgil in his current condition. Just be sure to tell the grown-ups what going on."

~~~

Grandpa Longneck looked down at Snork and Strafe and repeated, "Please, if someone knows what kind of danger is coming you need to lead the way quickly...we may not have much time left."

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
( Oh man, sorry for dropping the ball guys! :bang )

Snork said, "Follow me.  He's this way."

He started off for the cave where the group was hiding Virgil.

Strafe walked along silentlynext to Snork.  She felt same with him.  She always had, ever since Snork stood up for her against his father.  Strafe worried what might happen when the invaders finally arrived.  

Finally, after about ten minutes of walking, they arrived back at the cave.

"He can tell you everything, Mr. Longneck." Snork said pointing to Virgil.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail was sliding his tail against the ground as he heard voices behind him. He turned only for a moment as he noticed Grandpa Longneck and Snork coming up behind him. "Hello Grandpa Longneck. Nice to see you here." Longtail then kicked Virgil and said, "Start talking!"

~~~

Kaga himself was still standing far enough away not to be seen, but he just couldn't leave Longtail alone with someone like Virgil. But upon seeing Grandpa longneck and Snork, he was relieved and sat down and began chewing on a few leaves.

Hunter was walking alongside Dante and couldn't help smiling. Dante certainly had his charm, that and his loyalty to his friends was inspiring to her.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Virgil winced in pain, then raised his head to look at the two Longnecks.
"I'm afraid to say that... there are probably...a great number of raptors coming this way...towards the Valley.  I had originally formed a group to go...after Dante, but...they turned on me, and...are now hell-bent...on killing everyone in the valley and...taking it for their own..."
He said, nervous...

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mim was sitting on a log and eating some leaves she had gotten from a nearby tree.  She ate some as she watched Littlefoot, Cera  and the others playing in the water a short distance off.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail's eyes widened in shock.
"Wait...they are coming here?! YOU FOOL!" he shouted aloud.

Grandpa Longneck stepped forward and replied, "Now Longtail, please try to stay calm, I'm sure we can work something out." he looked to Virgil and asked, "Why did you come here to warn us if you hate your brother so much?"

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Virgil shook his head.
"I may hate...that blood-traitor, Dante...But...I've got limits.  Killing him when he was alone...that was one thing...but now, that he's...touched so many lives, I can't bring myself to do it.  And I...don't approve of destroying...this valley..."

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Grandpa Longneck nodded.
"This valley is our home and I for one am glad to see that you care enough not to let these other fastbiters and sickle claws destroy it."

Longtail stepped forward and scowled at Virgil.
"You do ANYTHING to hurt Dante, and I'll kill you myself!"

Hunter stepped next to Dante and nudged him.
"You're being awfully quiet, I know your brother being here isn't easy for you, but you have to at least try to understand he came here to at least warn us of this threat."

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Min fished and started walking around to see what some of the others were doing, making her way to some of the others that she got along with best.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante nodded at Virgil.
"You know, doing this took guts, bro.  I'll give you that.  And deep down, I don't think that you're a bad person.  So...what do you say that, when you get healed up, you help us defend this place?"
He said, offering his hand to his brother.

Virgil looked at him for a moment.
"You naive fool.  Your trust will get you hurt one day. But...I guess that I will help you.  I'll defend this place, too."
He said bravely, taking his brother's claw...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Grandpa Longneck smiled as he stepped back.
"That's good to see two brothers helping each other in a time of need. Now I will go discuss this with the other valley elders, please try to stay out of trouble young ones."

Longtail however scowled darkly as he watched Virgil accept Dante's hand. He stepped over to the brother duo and glared at Virgil but did nothing else.

Hunter couldn't help but smile as she watched.
"I'm proud of you Dante. You put the past behind you in order to protect those you care about."

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Strafe smiled as she watched Dante and Virgil and then she turned to Kaga.
"Kaga," she began.  "I want to help defend the valley too but I don't know much about fighting sharpteeth.  The last time I tried to fight a sharptooth... it didn't go so well.  Can you teach me how to fight?"

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Kaga smiled and nuzzled Strafe gently as he replied, "Of course I'll help teach you." He then stood up and stretched his limbs for a moment  and then reached a hand out to help Strafe off the ground.

~~~

Longtail was still glaring at Virgil and said softly, "Don't make me regret trusting you Virgil...please I don't want a reason to hurt you anymore than you already are."

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mim made her way over to where she could see Grandpa Longneck was.  Easy to see him in the distance.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Grandpa Longneck now sure he had enough information turned to gather the other adults of the valley and could see Mim walking into view. "hello Mim. How are you today?" he asked gently.

Hunter stepped up to Dante and licked him across the cheek.
"I am so proud of you. You know that right?"

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante blushed a little.
"Heheh..Thanks, my love."
He said, smiling at her.

Virgil nodded to Longtail.  
"I...I won't.  And...I'm sorry for the last time we met.  We didn't get off on a good start, so...I'd like to apologize, and see if somehow we can make it right."
He said, weakly smiling...

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mim smiled up to Grandpa Longneck.  "I'm doing fine, how are you today?" She asked as she walked closer.

--

Littlefoot & Cera continued to play with Diver and her other siblings.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Grandpa Longneck nodded his head.
"I am doing alright, but it would seem our valley is in quite a bit of trouble." He pointed over to Virgil and then said, "He tells us another group of sickle claw and fast biters are coming here to cause trouble. I would suggest we warn the other elders here in the valley."

Longtail gave a small almost unnoticeable smile as he said, "Sure...I guess I could try to make amends with ya."

Hunter licked Dante across the nose and smiled back at him.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Perhaps some flyers can deliver the message, unless you'd rather there be a meeting where it can be discussed." Mim said, having her own ideas of what Threehorn would likely want to do.