The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Fantasy RP

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Would anyone be interested in a fantasy themed RP?  I have been wanting to try out my gryphon OC for a while.  I don't have any ideas for a plot yet so I'm open to suggestions.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I may be interested, depending on species allowed, and other factors.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I was thinking about pretty much just any fantasy species.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Kor's right.  There's sci-fi fantasy, fantasy based from books, fantasy based from games, fantasy based from movies, fantasy based from historical events (I'm working on a fantasy novel with dragons in modern Iraq).

The only thing I can offer is a setting in either a vast desert canyon or cloud-piercing mountain ranges.  Places where your OC could be best at home in.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
As for a setting, I was thinking a land that includes several mythical races, but also includes 19th century technology.  Maybe steampunk themes cities and such.  Like maybe some places are still primitive but other places have this advanced technology.  

Now, my character prefers remote mountain ranges but since this is an adventure RP, he'll probably have to travel to other locations.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: F-14 Ace,Feb 20 2012 on  09:56 AM
As for a setting, I was thinking a land that includes several mythical races, but also includes 19th century technology.  Maybe steampunk themes cities and such.  Like maybe some places are still primitive but other places have this advanced technology.  

Now, my character prefers remote mountain ranges but since this is an adventure RP, he'll probably have to travel to other locations.
Sounds interesting, I guess I'll join, just expect my posts to be few and far between seeing as I have my own Fantasy RP to manage.

Also, Mirumoto_Kenjiro, the idea of dragons in modern Iraq sounds like a recipe for awesomness.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
This RP takes place in an alternate history of Earth in the mid 1800s where mythical creatures exist alongside humans and steampunk themed technology.  The world is quite a bit more advanced that it was in real life at that time.  The technology isn't everywhere though, mainly just in big cities.  I don't really have a plot picked out for the RP yet.  We'll just make one up as we go.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
I'll try to come up with some characters for the story.

As for the fantasy I'm writing, it's more about a handful of Marines that were rescued by dragons and a remote village of guerrilla fighters in Iraq during the operation.  There may be a "sequel" (no returning characters) that takes place in Sierra Leone.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Is it OK if I use a D&D-style Nimblewright as one of my chars?

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Sure.  I don't have a problem with that.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Name:  Emiyel di Venucci
Species:  Nimblewright
Birthplace:  Venice, Italy
Personality:  Calm, slightly wry sense of humor
Physical Description:  A construct made of articulated bronze-like metal, resembling a 6' tall lightweight male human, glowing green eyes, no distinct human face, but only what seems like a smooth metal face mask, forearms & hands can fold back into arms to draw two built-in swords.  His voice is male & metallic, and can speak English & Italian fluently.  He wears Western American-style fatigues.

Bio:  Created in Venice by the Venucci family, hence the last name, Emiyel was made to be the bodyguard of high-ranking members of the family.  The rest of the story in Italy remains unknown, but it would be 50 years later that Emiyel would be in America as a mercenary.

Abilities:  He is a construct made of fine Italian & Spanish metal ores, so he is rust-proof, relatively dent-proof, and incapable of jamming joints due to mud and sand.  He has taken extensive training in various styles of Italian swordsmanship, plus some tricks in oriental martial arts.

Weapons:  His "sword hands" contain a swept-hilt rapier in the right hand and a longer-bladed stiletto dagger in the left.  Other weapons include a 10' whip-chain and a Colt Single Action Army revolver.

----------
Name:  Matsumoto Kurago "Kura"
Species:  Kirin
Birthplace:  Japan
Personality:  Soft-spoken, observant, fiercely loyal to Himagi
Physical Description:  Silver scales w/ blue & green hues, white mane w/ light blue highlights on whiskers, beard, elbow, & tail tip, gold eyes, 6'4" tall, 3'5" tail length, dark blue kimono w/ silver cherry blossom designs.  He has a deep voice, and can speak Japanese, & English w/ a slight accent.

Bio:  Although not a true member of the Matsumoto family, Kura has been a devoted bodyguard for the daimiyo and his family.  Now, he is entrusted to protect Himagi during her visit to the Americas.

Abilities:  He is trained in Japanese Iaido sword & Aikido martial arts.

Weapons:  Japanese daisho sword set

----------
Name:  Matsumoto Himagi
Species:  Human
Birthplace:  Japan
Personality:  Quiet, shy, misses home
Physical Description:  Asian, black hair, brown eyes, 5'6", agile build, light blue kimono w/ red cherry blossom designs, her voice is quiet, and speaks very little English.

Bio:  The youngest daughter of the Matsumoto Clan, Himagi was arranged to be married to a neighboring Clan, until former disputes between the families started to turn violent.  For her safety, she was sent to the Americas with her bodyguard, Kurago, until the conflict at home settles down.

Abilities:  Her only talents is her love of music of all kinds.  She has learned only a few tricks in martial arts, taught by Kurago.

Weapons:  Her only weapon is a tanto dagger for self-defense.

How's that for starters?  I may have a few more chars soon.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
That sounds interesting.  Is he gonna be a good guy or a bad guy?

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
He'll be a good guy, plus 2 other chars that will be coming soon.  I'll have to put more effort into a villain.