The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Do Chomper and Littlefoot have a special bond?

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I've noticed that Littlefoot was the only one that stuck around to go back to Chomper.  He was the one who named him.  He tried to take care of him and stood up for him when even Ducky was thinking they should let him just go away.  

Also, Littlefoot was the only one who went after him when after Chomper's parents were driven back.  

Also, it seems that Chomper kept the name Littlefoot gave him (despite the fact Chomper's parents probably wanted to name their own kid rather than somebody else.).  How Chomper was able to avoid bringing up Littlefoot as to where he got the name "Chomper" is a mystery.  If he had mentioned Littlefoot earlier, one would have thought that Chomper could easily have just mentioned it in film V and they wouldn't have had to hide in the Stinky Place.  On the other hand, if his parents had mentioned a desire to eat Littlefoot, there is no way Chomper could be as naive as he was in the fifth film either.  

Another strange thing is that Chomper says Littlefoot's name first when he sees the Gang of Five on the island and talks to them.  He doesn't mention any of the other's names but Littlefoot's at first.  (I'm wondering that had he encountered the Gang of Five minus Littlefoot, if he'd have let the others walk away.  After how the others were to him in the 2nd film, he might not have as fond of memories of them as Littlefoot.)

Also, Littlefoot goes after Chomper (the others don't bother it seems) in film V when Chomper goes into the water (a great irony that Littlefoot went, as, as those like Ducky123 argue, that Chomper will one day hunt Flatteeth (not my belief, but theirs), and so one wonders if Littlefoot knows that won't happen.  And, of course, we all know what happened to Mama Longneck too.  Another irony.)  and saves him.  

I think I can safely say that Littlefoot is the closest of the Gang of Five to Chomper and perhaps one of the closest out there to Chomper period (other than maybe Ruby as a rival).  

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
Quote from: LittlefootAndAliTogether,Mar 8 2015 on  10:17 PM
Also, it seems that Chomper kept the name Littlefoot gave him (despite the fact Chomper's parents probably wanted to name their own kid rather than somebody else.).
I'm pretty sure that Chomper's parents DID give him a different name. The one that no flattooth would be able to understand or pronounce for that matter. :)
And yes, the relationship between Littlefoot and the young sharptooth is indeed a very special one. They're more than mere friends, that's for sure. More like brothers. And this bond is as beautiful as it is bizzare. :D

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I don't think his parents gave him a different name, as they actually called him "Chomper" in the captions.  

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
Quote from: LittlefootAndAliTogether,Mar 8 2015 on  11:22 PM
I don't think his parents gave him a different name, as they actually called him "Chomper" in the captions.
Well, that's the whole point of subtitles, is it not? To help us understand what is said in a different language... If Chomper did have a different name in Sharpteeth tongue and it was shown to us in LBTV, the majority of watchers would be confused, to say the least. :D

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I think by the 5th film and tv series Littlefoot is sorta like an older brother for Chomper, in my opinion.  ANd I do agree that Comper's parents likely gave him their own name, it would have been confusing if the captions used some other name then Chomper.   I agree the majority would be.