The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Look who came back...

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Welcome back, Flathead!  :)littlefoot It is always a good day when an old member returns to the forum.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Thanks everyone, I'll do my best.

How was LBT14 for you?
I actually enjoyed it quite a bit. I was pleasantly surprised that they kept Ruby and Chomper in the movie, albeit only minor roles. I thought that they might have ditched them so I'll take any continuity I can get. I also like how they took the time to narrate important parts from 10 to catch people up. The whole journey felt like Littlefoot telling others not to be dumb and then they ignore him and bad things happen (not trying to be negative, more funny than anything). Cera and Littlefoot fight felt re-hashed but it's almost been a decade so I can let that slide. The final teamwork segment rescuing Bron was cool. As for songs, Today's the Day served as a decent as an introduction to the main characters. Hot and Stinky was good as far as light-hearted songs go. My friend and I laughed more than we probably should have for them singing about being hot and stinky. Who Needs Friends was meh, Look for the Light was good but not that memorable for me (felt the same way with Etta as well).

Most people who announce returning sadly vanish as soon as they reappear again, I really hope that won't be the case here.
Yep, I noticed the same thing when digging through the welcome center to find this old post. Definitely fighting an uphill battle.

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
Welcome back. :)littlefoot
I wasn't a part of this forum when you were active, but still.

Hope you'll enjoy your time here.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Thanks RockingScorpion. Good to see you again Kor and Darkwolf91 (and Sovereign? Your name and avatar look very familiar but it says you joined in 2011. Maybe I just left soon after you joined? I can't remember). Good to see your still using the same avatar Kor, I forgot how awesome that picture is. :DD

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
and Sovereign? Your name and avatar look very familiar but it says you joined in 2011. Maybe I just left soon after you joined? I can't remember

I was very inactive those days. To be honest, I don't remember seeing you around during my early times but I may be wrong.  :) I used no avatar back then and I took my current one only this year. Still, it's nice getting to know you better this time.  :yes

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Still, it's nice getting to know you better this time. in-yes.gif
Likewise. Yea my memory is pretty hazy so I could easily be thinking of someone else.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog

So I chose to make an entire LBT themed deck and after drawing around 50 of them (40 is a standard yu-gi-oh deck size) I still felt like drawing more. I'm planning on making a post on showing all the cards I drew as soon as I get things organized as well as posting somewhat more traditional drawings in the future if anyone is interested.

@Flathead770: Ooh, were these ever posted anywhere?

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I see you did a little digging :p

You bet they were! Right here! They were basically what got me to start drawing fanart in the first place. Don't expect anything fancy though as there's not really any shading or colouring done to them.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
Well I still think they're very nicely designed. Good work. The "Convenient Boulder" card made me lol.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah my friend and I joke how there's always some giant rock placed somewhere right when they need it. Glad you liked them!

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
Once again StardustSoldier, thanks for unraveling another thread once again. Flathead770, you never cease to amaze me with your fanart. :yes

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Thanks! It would be great to see some art from the both of you as well! Just gotta keep at it and you'll see improvement!

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
Perhaps eventually Flathead770. I have been thinking about fanart, I just don’t know when I’ll do one, and it will be for fun too.

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
For fun is the name of the game of course! No need to rush into it.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Welcome back with us :)
Must be awesome to have a nearby living friend who would want to take an LBT marathon. Did you invite him or her to the GOF? He or she might enjoy this place too :yes

I second that. I wish I could LBT marathon with a friend and fan.

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Well to be clear we never did end up finishing it in one sitting. I think the best we did was the first 6 movies before calling it quits (though we did end up watching them all). But yeah it certainly is nice to watch them with someone in person. I got lucky with watching them with some of my friends back in the day as it happened naturally when we would decide to watch old VHSes that were collecting dust. I remember it wasn't even me who picked out LBT to watch haha.