The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Why didn't the flyers just flew over the crack ???

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The kids were seperated from their parents due to the earthshake that created a big crack in the landscape. I'm just wondering, why the flyers didn't fly to the other side to search for the kids?
Any ideas? I haven't any  :neutral
Inactive, probably forever.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Do you mean LBT 9? In the original movie one might argue that the herds had not yet started to work together the way they did later on. Secondly the original movie would not have come up with something of so limited plausibility as a flyer able to carry Littlefoot, Cera, and Spike on the back.
As for LBT 9 the only reason is probably that the story would have remained unsolved and yet been over too quickly.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I meant the original :)
In the original movie one might argue that the herds had not yet started to work together the way they did later on.
agreed!
Secondly the original movie would not have come up with something of so limited plausibility as a flyer able to carry Littlefoot, Cera, and Spike on the back.
That's obvios. I thought the flyers could keep the contact between the grown-ups and the children until they find the end of the crack
As for LBT 9 the only reason is probably that the story would have remained unsolved and yet been over too quickly.
Again agreed.

Anyway the gang wouldn't exist, if the flyers had done this :lol:

Almaron

• Spike
    • View Profile
I think this was sort of brought up in another thread a while back; people wondered how Petrie got lost when his mother could have flown back to get him. It was suggested that Petrie's family had been up a tree during the Great Earthshake; Petrie's mother and siblings took flight, and Petrie himself fell to the ground and got obscured by something. After the Great Earthshake ended, Petrie's mother flew back and failed to find him, and thus continued on to the Great Valley. Later, Petrie ascended to the top of a tree in the hopes of being spotted, only for Littlefoot to inadvertently discover him.

As for the other parents, the fact that they moved on suggests they assumed their lost children were either dead, or weren't going to survive much longer. As a result, this also implies that the flyers didn't join with the other herds until after they'd started moving on, else they'd have been able to fly over and check.

On the other hand, it could be that they DID fly sweeps, but failed to see them for whatever reason; Petrie might have been obscured as mentioned above, Ducky may have been swimming, Littlefoot...might have been thought dead if they saw him sitting with his dead mother, Cera could have been sheltering somewhere rather than staying out in the open on an otherwise flat plain, and Spike hadn't been hatched and wasn't even a target - in addition to that, he's far enough away from the divide that his parents probably weren't involved in that, but died in some other disaster.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
You mention good points :)

As for the topic about Petrie... it must be very long ago, at least more than 1 year( I looked it up, but then I got lazy :D)

I agree with all points you mentioned.

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Here's the topic you're looking for

Why was Petrie left behind?

There must an even older topic lingering somewhere, but I couldn't find it either.

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
I firmly believe it was every person for his/herself. If you watch the original, the famine does a big toll to the dinosaurs. On top of that, the earthshake caused a HUGE rift, and it is shown a lot of dinosaurs dying as the different pieces of land collapse.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure it was just like after a disaster where everyone is lost and not really thinking about any other people but their family. And even then, they just want to get out of there.

Something like that :p

OllyDirectioner

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Oh thats easy. Because if they flew over the crack, they would fall and break their backs! xD

"Dont step on a crack, or youll fall and break your back!" - Ducky

Haha sorry I had to :p

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
hehe :D I love the scene, where Ducky said that, so cute :wub