The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT 14

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
You can disagree with me, but that doesn't make my statements wrong. We are all entitled to our own opinions. No one will agree on every single thing with every other person. The best we all can do is agree to disagree and respect one another's opinions.

thelonedinosaur27

• Ruby
    • View Profile
When I spoke to Aria during that interview months back, she sounded excited for the film and it's songs.  I'm hoping we get a film as good as earlier sequels such as the Stone of Cold Fire or Journey Through the Mists, rather than whatever abomination we got last time.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: thelonedinosaur27,Mar 26 2015 on  09:31 AM
I'm hoping we get a film as good as earlier sequels such as the Stone of Cold Fire or Journey Through the Mists, rather than whatever abomination we got last time.
Ah I see you like and LBT 4 and 7 too:)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I think I've already said it but I'm still looking forward to the new movie.

Writing a fanfiction about Shorty really helped me to have a deeper understanding of his character and therefore he's also become more likeable  :yes Hope he's in the movie...
Inactive, probably forever.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Dalekdino, you beg members not to judge you for your opinion, yet you're so quick to pounce on DH every time she makes a comment on something you said.  Why is that?  DH has never attacked a member on the GOF to date.  Please stop assuming she's attacking you.  That kind of confrontational behavior is off-putting and even makes me wish to not provide any type of comment on your fanart or state that I disagree with your opinion on a matter.  You're pretty clear about your disdain for the VO's Anndi and Aria, yet nobody here who likes them (myself included ) tries to tell you what to think.  Please consider that DH is not after you, nor is anybody else here for that matter.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Dalek, if they got rid of the songs at this point, it would be weird.  Besides, even Frozen has songs and that was a hit so songs don't make something bad.  

Also, I'm writing a fanfic on Topps (whom I once considered one of the villains in Time of Great Giving, at least as a kid, I found him to be a big jerk in that movie, especially as to how he almost got Cera killed in the wildfire.  Even in film V, he's still cocky with "As much as I hate to agree with a Longneck...... and his almost breaking up the herds.  (On the other hand, we'd have never seen Chomper again likely had he not tried that, prompting Littlefoot to try the runaway scheme so I guess it worked out for the best.  :lol   )  And let's not start about his "kill the beasts" routine in film XI where he almost got the Tinysaures with a rock and called Guido a weirdo. )  anyway, I wrote one on him plus Cera (whom I liked least of the Gang of Five, mainly due to her "well, then she must have been a stupid Longneck too!" comment, which was really cold, not to mention her attack from behind.  I honestly think that, due to her pride, had she not changed, she'd have ended up, if not like Hyp then like Pterano.  I mean, her own pride kept her from admitting she was wrong after she lead them into danger.  If she'd kept on that path, I think it not beyond the realm of possibility that she'd have an overinflated ego like Pterano and perhaps gotten others killed.) anyway, I put her in there too.

So if I can do it on a character I"m not overly fond of and if I can also do one later that tries to put Rhett in a better light, despite how much I hated him (I originally thought of making him a villain who joined with the bad guy and hoped to kill Littlefoot in hopes of taking Ali and having Rhett killed off in the end, that's how much I hated him), but I digress, I'm doing one with him and with Shorty (whom I disliked at first too).

Oh, and yes, I put my least favorite characters, Dana and Dinah, in a better light in a fanfic.  

So, why can't you be nice to poor Shorty and at least give him a chance?

Anyway, enough about Shorty in that regard , you don't think that they will try and say that Grandpa Longneck and Topps, er, died, as a way to not have to bring in new VAs, do you?  That would stink!!!!  (Though, if they had one of Littlefoot's grandparents die, he'd be even more desperate to go after his father, so it's possible, though I hope not as I love those two characters!)

As for Chomper and Ruby, I keep having this deep seated fear that they will just pretend that the TV Series never happened and that Chomper and Ruby will be neither seen nor mentioned.  I hope I'm wrong.  I really do.    Ignoring the TV Series would be a bad move, though having it in there would confuse anyone who didn't see the series.  It's going to take extra effort to explain them if they bring them in.

On the flip side, there is a hope for how they could handle that, though it would require a Season 2, especially as Red Claw would still be out there in film XIV otherwise.  They say that XIV came before the TV Series and then, if XIV does well enough, they start production on Season 2 for the series.   That would actually be what would be best.  That way, they could have the series at least be fresh if they bring back Chomper and Ruby in later movies, rather than 8 year old episodes from season 1.   Also, by going that route, they won't possibly be left trying to explain why Chomper and Ruby came exactly in the movie itself but could push it off to the series.  

Also, this movie could establish something that WASN'T seen in the sequels to X but WAS seen in the series: Bron visiting.  Bron's never been around in XI, XII, or XIII.    Perhaps he started to come around again in XIV and whatever happens there happened,  then Bron comes more often.  

Though Bron does mention the parent being the one to administer the Big Longneck Test, one would have thought that Grandma or Grandpa Longneck would have done it for Littlefoot as Bron often is away with his herd and seems much closer to them than Bron.  

Maybe XIV makes them closer and hence deals with the problem of Bron seeming to not care enough for Littlefoot and made him go to the Great Valley to give that test when otherwise he might not have wanted to, leaving it to his in-laws to do it so he wouldn't have to leave his herd.  

Also, Shorty wanted to run away right before the Sharpteeth showed up in X so it seems that Shorty might not want to come with Bron for the Big Longneck Test and might want to stay with the herd, if for no other reason than that he is jealous that Littlefoot, whom he wishes he could trade places with, is getting Bron's love and attention while Bron won't let him, though some think he's slightly older than Littlefoot, take the test yet.  

If something dramatic were to happen in XIV that would make Shorty like Littlefoot more (maybe Littlefoot saves his life), then that might explain why he even wanted to come and wasn't hostile to Littlefoot during their visit.