The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

A Day of Love

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, now let's just say for a second that there was a day like Valentine's Day that was celebrated in The Great Valley.  How do you think the gang would celebrate it?

In my opinion it would probably be celebrated the way most kids celebrate it.  Giving out thoughtful gifts to their family and friends that show how much they care about one another. (Would probably show us just how much of a crush Cera actually has on Littlefoot.) :)

Oh, and on a side note, as an early Valentine's Day gift, me and my family got a puppy. :) (Which we have named Pappi. :P:)

Anyways, I await your answers. :^.^:

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Like humans they probably give flowers to everyone....only to eat.  :lol:

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
"Love goes through the stomach" as they say (at least over here). As for me it is a bit difficult to imagine what such celebrations would look like. I doubt that the dinosaurs have a calender which is very accurate. Then again Cera mentions her "hatchday" in LBT 5, so there must be some kind of time measuring (maybe they really keep a very close look on how high or low the bright circle rises). If there are any celebrations that would exclude any celebrations based on any human religion (which would include the human variant of St. Valentine's day).
Personally I may have less of a "relationship" to Valentine's day than any of you for it was barely known over here until some years ago. It has now been introduced over here mainly for commercial reasons (same as Halloween) and I must say that this in my eyes takes a good deal of the romance and the ceremoniousness away from the Valentine's day as it is conducted over here. I suppose it must be very different for you, as the day has a much longer and not so economical history in your countries.
I reckon that noticable and regular (thus predictable) events in the world of the dinosaurs could be celebrated and this certainly would include the emotion that may (or may not depending on how reliable my dictionary is) be known as spring fever. In a way we know that this was in fact "celebrated" by some dinosaur species, yet I doubt that the kind of celebration shown in the BBC series "Walking with dinosaurs" will ever be in the spotlight of an LBT movie. :lol
So if it comes to less mature ways to commence a kind of dinosaur Valentine's day I suppose there must be something like doing a favor or anything to make the day as good a day as possible for somebody you care about. A present would be likely to be something edible, but it would have to be something difficult to get hold of (some rare or difficult to reach plant) to make it something special rather than just saving somebody the trouble to pick the delicacy up by him or herself. We have seen however (LBT 7, and 8) that the dinosaurs have a certain degree of artistic abilities. Would it delight them to see some kind of image of themselves being created? I could imagine the kids for example to surprise Petrie by creating an image of him (e.g. by creating a mosaic of dark and bright stones) which he could see from above. One idea I really like is that maybe Littlefoot and Cera could pick each other to be extremely friendly to on that day. If both of them tried to do the other one favors all the time I suppose it might well end up in a row between them with both of them wanting to do the other one favors rather than accepting favors all the time. I really think something like that could make for a very funny and quasi-romantic story.  :yes

Riphstar

• Ruby
    • View Profile
in my opinion i would agree to everyone else in here. they would hand out gifts to one and other like we do except for roses and cards they would have to satisfy with flowers and tree stars lol. well we all know that Valentines day is a day where we send roses and cards to a special someone you have loved so much. well the five friends could secretly send special flowers. well something like that i'm sure that some of you get my picture.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well this isn't doing as well as I thought it would. *grumbles*

Anyways, yeah, I guess there's definately not much else they would do.

Here's a little idea I've got though that would explore the relationship each member of the gang holds.

Okay, let's say that Littlefoot gives Cera a certian plant (just one) that is considered a hard to get delicacy and gives his other friends just a bunch of normal plants.

Now, Cera at hand, doesn't understand how special of a gift this plant is, and in turn gets jealous and walks away without a word.

*suddenly gets a brain spark for a fanfic.*

I think I just got an idea.

Better get this idea down on paper while it's still fresh.

See ya later. :wave