The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Possible explanation for LBT 10 error?

Guest · 12 · 1239

Bruton the Iguanodon

Everyone always talks about how Littlefoot's mom is blue in LBT 10 but she shouldn't be. I think I have an explanation to this, though. Could it be the same as why Topps is Lavender at the end of 10? That because in the flashback the valley she and Bron are in is a brighter color so she's a completely different, brighter color? Just a theory.

LBTLover1

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pranksterclan.co.nr
I think they just cheaped their way out and courldn't look back at the older movie to see what color she was.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Maybe they figured that she should be blu,e because her dad (Grandpa Longneck) is kind of blue too?

Would kinda make sense. She got her color from her dad, and Littlefoot got his color from his dad.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Bruton the Iguanodon

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Here's a comparison shot.

She is clearly a brownish color in the first movie. But in the sequel, she's an obvious blue.

Bruton the Iguanodon

Kinda off topic but why couldn't they have shown her face (closeup, I mean) when Bron looks back whe he's leaving? Without her voice, her correct color, or her familiar facial feautures she isn't really Littlefoot's mother of the original film, and instead becomes just some random dinosaur drawn to fill in the role. A great offense to an awesome character, in my opinion.

I'd also like to admit I was even a little pissed about Sharptooth being mentioned in 10. Whilt Momma longneck had been mentioned in previous sequels I wished they had left Sharptooth exclusive to the first film. Bron could have just said, "I heard from someone else about...about your mother" or "I heard about what happened to your mother" or something like that. I know, I get nitpicky a lot. But that's just me.  :)

Oh, and she's not exactly brown, more of a greyish-purple.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
She's brown to me. Throughout the entire film (well when she appears) she's clearly brown. According to Paint, it does fall in the purple/blue section, but the color is saturated, giving it a more brown look. So I refer to her as being brown.

She does show some of her face. She's only in the movie very briefly. None of the shots are too up close, though.

And if they had left sharptooth out and turned it into "someone else" that would have ruined the scene. It wouldn't make sense at all to not mention him. If they had done it like that, then the scene just wouldn't work out. There's really no reason why they should not mention sharptooth. There's no reason why he should only be exclusive to the first movie and not get any mention in later films.

That would cause discontinuity, and that's not a good thing to have in a movie series.

Bruton the Iguanodon

Bron does say "someone else" in the film; he is referring to whoever told him about momma longneck's death (supposedly Rooter, although why he wouldn't tell Bron that Littlefoot was alive doesn't make sense)

I was just suggesting the line be changed to "I heard about how your mother died" or "I heard about...about your mother" because if they were ever going to reference Sharptooth in the sequels it would have been in the 1st 4.

Bruton the Iguanodon

I'm pretty sure it's the same reason for why Topps is lavender at the end of 1. She is in a much prettier, nicer looking atmosphere in the second pic compared to being in the mysterious beyond in the first. Like Topps, that would mean her first color is her "normal" one

Dr. Curzon

• Spike
    • View Profile
I always thought it had something to do with the light. Same thing for Topps.

LBTLover1

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pranksterclan.co.nr
I don't agree.  Since there were going to the Valley and it was much better than it's original state, the colors of the characters would be brighter.  I think this does apply to Topps as well.

Bruton the Iguanodon

I don't agree. Since there were going to the Valley and it was much better than it's original state, the colors of the characters would be brighter. I think this does apply to Topps as well.

But then there's the problem that Topps is the same color he originally was in movie 1 in all the sequels.  :wacko