The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Land Before Time 12 Review

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Here it is at last!  The Land Before Time 12 Review.

I actually got some background information on this while we waited for it.  Turns out that this one is a whopping 43 minutes long. :o

At least this reviewer felt it proper to split it into two parts. :)

Part 1

Part 2

Gee, what could this one possibly have to rant about that could possibly bring it to this length?

Let's find out, shall we? :D

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
Well I was going to watch it but if it's 43 minutes long, I should just wait until tomorrow.

I'm interested myself in what this person has to say. Personally I thought LBT 12 was very uneventful and not all that interesting. Guido was pretty funny though .

Ironically I have this movie on my Ipod  :lol  I wish Itunes would have had one of the other films as well but oh, well. Better than not having one of the movies.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, I am going to give my views so far, as I have only watched Part 1 and plan to watch Part 2 tomorrow.

Here's the biggest shocker.  This guy is giving the most Open Mind Opinion out of the reviewers thus far.  He has never seen any of the other sequels.  He didn't see any of the reviews the previous ones made, and he barely remembers the first movie.

On top of this, he's not treating it as a sequel, but as it's own independent movie.  Just like a TRUE reviewer should.

With that out of the way, he reminded me of the ONLY reason I liked this film.  It was Guido.  I mean, for me, he just totally saved it from being boring.  In a strange way, the movie probably needed him more than we think.

He's done good so far.  I especially like the little references he points out.  The only real thing I'm not approving of is him calling Tria psychotic.  Seriously, what is up with that? :P:

I shall await part 2 and see what he says. :)

JitteryDragon

• Petrie
    • View Profile
As 12 is my favorite of the later films, and Guido is my personal favorite secondary character... I was hoping for a good review of the movie and not just another slack attempt at movie bashing like some of the previous fellows have tried.

I found this review to be very interesting and insightful. He came from an excellent viewpoint, and pointed out some interesting stuff. As Pokeplayer said, very open minded. A little long for my tastes (seriously, the movie was only just a bit longer, lol), but overall one of the better reviews of this ongoing series.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Time to continue! :)

I knew it!  I knew it!  I knew it!

I knew that he would rant on that Sleepwalking Scene.  Seriously, that was completely pointless.  The movie did not need it.  The only reason they did it was to put in a Sharptooth.  That is the ONLY reason for it!

I was half expecting him to skip the final song, but I'm glad he ranted on the scene.  What happens to that egg and the newborn that hatches from it is just ridiculous.

Look, this was not too good of a movie, but it was a VERY good review.  The guy did an excellent job and I'm glad he did this review.  To be honest, this guy is one of the better reviewers for this whole thing.  More due to the fact that he's completely open-minded to the point where he was going into the movie completely blind.

He just did a good job on this, bottom line.

Now, we turn to the guy who takes on the worst of the sequels.  Good luck, Ducket. :)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I liked the way this reviewer did review the movie.  He seemed one of the best if not the best overall.  I'd have to go back and rewatch them to refresh my memory, though he is 1 of the higher ones.  I didn't expect the review to be as long as it was, but the length wasn't bad at all.

Heisanevilgenius

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Hi. Sorry to bump an old thread but I just found out about this forum and I wanted to thank everyone for their comments on my review. I really appreciate the feedback. :)

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
The first part of that review was actually really cool. He didn't bash the series but just stated his displeasure with the quantity of the films, and showed who animated some of the films. Everything else was just really entertaining.