The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Enemies Inside

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Longtail blinked as he tired to stand up, shakily at first but began to regain his footing. As the flyer stood up the outer glow on his body was becoming brighter he then he took a single breath, looked around and when he spoke it sounded as if more than one person was talking for Longtail as he said "I'm ready mother...the darkness shall fall!"

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"Argaya, try to heal Dante. I'll help." Said Vylor, as he crouched over Dante's prone form. This would be a lot easier with spells, but herbs and plants will have to do.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail looked behind him now remembering Dante, and he turned to Argaya and Vylor, and commented "Step back...you may want to cover your eyes, this could get a little birght!"

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Petrie flew over head, drawing closer.  Was that a glow he saw?  Maybe some water was showing the light above like happens in still water sometimes.  When he grew closer he saw it was a flyer, Longtail was it, what was going on.  It looked a little scary so Petrie decided to hover overhead to look down.  He thought to himself that if it got to scary he could just fly away.

____

Mim continued behind Cyrix, easily keeping up and only perhaps a second behind him.

____

Meanwhile Littlefoot was watching Chomper and Ruby play the log running game.  None of them had any idea what was going on in another part of the valley.

"Do you think we can get better then Ducky." Chomper asked as he was running on his log.

"The one that practices more is often better then the one who practices less." Ruby said as she ran on hers.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
As Cyrix ran past a pair of trees, a flash crossed his senses and that was all he needed to come skidding to a forceful stop, unfortunatly cuasing Mim to run into his backside and sending both of them to the floor. As Cyrix shook the dizzyness away, he looked to his immediate right and saw the cause of the flash of light that caught his attention...Longtail! He then whispered to Mim "Look over there, it's Longtail." 'And I know exactly what's happening to him too.'

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mim partially up from where she and Cyrix and been sent sprawling. She was about to apologize for not having enough time to stop when she heard Cyrix speak.  After he spoke she got up to try to get a better look at the light and what was going on.  

Petrie was hovering somewhat above looking down, "No, to scary," He said to himself, 'Me stay here.  If it danger me can tell grown ups, but me must be sure before me go." He said to himself as he continued to watch, keeping well above whatever scary thing was going on below.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante stirred, and saw his friend glowing brightly.  He also noticed Vylor and Argaya nearby, and he saw that his wounds had been bandaged and had healing plants on them.  Looking once again at Longtail, he asked...
"What's happenning?"

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"You are healing. Try to relax, otherwise you might injure yourself." said Argaya.

"What happened? All I know is that you passed out, and Argaya and I came as fast as we could." Said Vylor

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Once figuring Dante was going to be okay the intense glowing suddenly stopped and Longtail's voice returned to normal as well. 'Thank you mother, I will protect them...with my life if necessary!' thought Longtail as he walked over and sat beside Dante and asked Vylor, "So what was that feeling that we felt...it felt like I had been dropped in a smoking mountain! A...." He was going to continue, but noticed dark sky puffies, these ones darker than usual...he then replied as he pointed with his tail "Those can't be good right?"

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"We thought that you would be wondering about how we were able to talk to you through your minds. If you must know, those clouds symbolize something evil. Something wicked this way comes!" said Vylor and Argaya simultaneously.

-----

Dark-Eye was almost at the valley. He noticed storm clouds. Perfect.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail frowned and replied "So that would explain it...why my mother is only able to talk to me when something dangerous or life-threatening is about to happen, or when I don't have the strength to fight anymore."

______

Cyrix was more relieved than anyone could've guessed as the glow around his nephew stopped, and he said "Oh thank the Guardians! He wasn't forced to use it...." Only then did he realize that Mim was now looking down at him with a curious look on her face. 'Oh crud.' said Cyrix mentally

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"So, what was that ability? I have never seen anything like it before." Said Vylor to Longtail.

"And what was that 'Sankakku' that you mentioned Dante?" asked Argaya.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"That was called the Guardian's Key and if channeled properly it allows me to do one more thing in addition to my normal...changes." said Longtail as he looked Vylor straight in the eyes."I can't completely control it, or turn it on at will yet, but I'm sure I'll learn....I hope. And it allows me to talk...with..my...mother." the last part he almost said at a whisper not wanting to cry, he took a deep breath and said "I think we have a very big problem on our hand."

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mim saw the glow and Longtail at the center.  She noted to herself that he seemed to be the point of origin.  Though the cause or effect she was unable to determine at present.  It also occurred to her that it was highly likely that Cyrix knew of this and likely would not be willing to disclose any information since he did not volunteer it before.  She knew he thought he had good reasons, but she could still get some information from observation and thinking it over later.

Petrie stayed high in the air.  The scary glow seemed to be gone.  Though when he started to feel less scary he saw some scary looking sky puffies.  "Why this day filled with scary stuff?" He asked himself.

____

Blissfully unaware of all this and the coming nastiness Littlefoot continued to rest at the are of still water doing the same as before as his friends Chomper and Ruby continued to play the log rolling game.  They had fallen off a few times but seemed to Littlefoot to be getting better then before.

"Keep going, you both are really improving." He said to them.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Cyrix began to wonder if he should tell Mim the whole turth...about everything, Longtail, his past, and what his role in it was to be...especially if they were going to be mates....but he just didn't know if it was truly worth the risk, he looked into her eyes once more and asked "Mim...if I tell you something, will you promise to listen to everything I say?"

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante looked at Argaya before deciding to answer her question...
     "The Sankakku... is a demon spirit of my people.  Before I was born, it was decided that I was to be the host.  It's sealed behind my left eye, but it tries to subsume ny will from time to time, and it reacts... violently to any presence coming near it except me..."

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mim looked down at Cyrix.  She listened to what Cyrix was saying and noticing he seemed troubled with somethng.   She nodded, "I'll listen." She said.

Petrie flew around in slow circles wondering what was going on but to scared to go any lower.  He looked around hoping and wishing his friends were there.
____

Littlefoot, Chomper, and Ruby continued doing as they had before.  Littlefoot had to admit they were getting even better then before.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
After hearing Dante's explanation he had to ask a question. "Hey Dante, did that Sankakku thing react when I came near you earlier?"

______

Cyrix nodded to Mim and began to speak "Well you see first off I'm not really Longtail's nephew...I'm his Godfather. He doesn't know that but I'm sure he'll pick it up eventually. Longtail is the last of his family, he is also very unique, for you see he was born by natural descent as a half sharptooth....his father that slime covered rock named Shackle took his brother and sisters away before they hatched, and then called on the Guardians to destroy the island on which Longtail and his mother Soul lived on." he sighed before he continued

"It was a horrible day, and then to make sure his job was done, he sank the island into the big water. Soul saved Longtail's life at the cost of her own, and now he is the last of the his kind, his abilities and the glow that comes with them are called the Guardians Key and when used, Longtail can do some very amazing things....but I have yet to see what those things are." "And my job as Longtail's Godfather is to oversee his growth and to ensure that his darker more menacing sharptooth half never takes over completely."

He then broke his eye contact with Mim and waited for what she had to say.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"Yeah.  That was what it was.  But there was something else... Something with a strong enough darkness to not only cause Sankakku to panic, but also to activate this..." Dante said, holding up his right arm to reveal the jet-black flame shape on his forearm, at the wrist.  
"This is a curse mark placed on all the members of our clan.  It only would react to something extremely powerful, and it would activate in those times... But it makes the user go mad with bloodlust..."

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mim nodded thought about what Cyrix had told her.  It seemed incredible but possible.  She had certainly heard rumors of magic and powers, but not seen any direct evidence till now.  "Sounds like he has a dark incident in his past, similar to mine and from what I hear Littlefoot as well." She said.  "What sort of abilities does he have?  You ever thought about talking to Chomper?  Though he is a friendly sharptooth he must still find all of us, tasty smelling.  Maybe talk to Chomper about his sharptooth nature may help add to your information to help Longtail with his sharptooth nature.  And if he does have abilities he has to be helped to exercise them so he has skill.  It takes practice to gain skill. " She paused a moment, "Though I do not see how a slime covered rock could be a father. "

Petrie, seeing the glow was gone, and the scary looking cloud was in the sky started to descend.  He looked down and saw some familiar looking, and not to scary shapes.  At least not as scary as Cera or her dad at any rate.  

___

Littlefoot looked around wondering where the rest of his friends were and why he had not seen them.  He shrugged, maybe they were helping their folks with things and were to busy.  Chomper and Ruby continued what they were doing before.