The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Enemies Inside

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Longtail saw the shiver run through Dante and asked "Are you okay." He then decided not to make eye contact with Argaya.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"I..It's nothing.  I'll tell you later."  Dante replied, averting his eyes from Argaya...

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Petrie flew over to one of the places Mim stayed.  He had to go to the second place before he found her.  He wished she stayed in one place then wondering all over the place.

He landed on a branch near where she was saying, "Something happen, something magic.  No know if it bad or scary." He said his voice a bit in fear.

Mim turned to Petrie, "Relax a moment then give me the details.  Perhaps with the evidence you saw we can reach a logical conclusion."

Petrie nodded, he breathed in deeply then started giving her the details of what he had seen.   She picked up a stick and started to make simple drawings in the dirt as Petrie went on.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail nodded at Dante's statment and didn't say anything. THen he noticed something..."Hey where is Petrie?"

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Petrie finished his story, "Why you make marks in dirt while me tell story?" He asked.

Mim lifed the stick, "Some things are easier to see this way.  This is you and these are..."She said pointing to the other doodles and saying who each one represented.

"Me see." Petrie said.

"Now to get at the cause of the effect you saw we can more easily examine the facts you provided." Mim said.  She drew a circle around the two who were effected.  "Now do you see anything in common between these?" She asked.  Petrie looked at them then though of the story he had told Mim.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"Hmmm... It seems our friend has disappeared... well, I'm sure he's fine... at least I hope so..."  Dante said as he too noticed Petries having vanished...
"Hey Longtail?  Did you get a strange feeling from those two?  Like... Like something bad was coming?"

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
A voice then came from the back of the cave "Mim who are you talking to...Oh hello Petrie." said Cyrix "But again I must ask What are you two talking about?"

________

Longtail looked over at Dante, and whispered "Yeah...I did..I just can't figure out how they do it."

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mim looked down at the doodles she made, then looked back at the voice. "Petrie has observed an interesting phenomena and I was attempting to put it into a form we could more easily see to see if one of my observations may be correct based on what he told me." She said.

Petrie nodded, not understanding much of what she said, "Yes." He said, thinking it was easier to just agree instead of asking her to explain what she said.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"Okay, good.  I'm not losing my mind.  I guess this means that we had better be ready, huh?"  Dante said, looking Longtail in the eye.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail nodded and replied "Yeah no kidding, I would hate to see the others get hurt especially when I'm supposed to be watching over them."

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"Right...Right... I'm gonna be in the glade, working on my skills.  Think I've gotten a little rusty recently."  Dante said distractedly as he walked off to train...

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mim looked at what she had made.  "Hmm, do you see what I see Petrie.  There could be one cause.  It is unlikely to be the area since nothing there has changed." She said.

Petrie noded, "Same, but some grass eaten, but me no see."

Mim pointed at the two that were effected and circled them.  "Look and do you see anything that is new?"

"Vylor new, he just arrive in valley." Petrie said.

"And this... thing happened when?" She asked, catching herself to remember to use simpler terms.  

"A little after we meet Vylor." Petrie said, "could he be cause?"

"Could be, though there is no direct evidence, it is one possibility.  Wether it is magic or not will remain to be seen.  But you did well figuring it out." She said.  Smiling a bit to Petrie, she would rather he figure it out then she just say what she had suspected.   It may help increase his self confidence and perhaps ability to think, not a bad effect if it did occur.

Petrie shook his head, not fully understanding, "Observing, evidence? you sound like other rainbowfaces, they talk in riddles and tell story of cold fire stone having magic powers that was untrue." He said.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Cyrix walked over to Petire and Mim then stated "Now Petrie I'm sure those two rainbow faces were just trying to make you see more than you see. Oh my, I'm starting to sound like Ruby." He said with a chuckle

_____

Longtail stood still for a moment and said "Wait for me Dante, sorry Vylor, I gotta go." he said with a frown

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mim nods to what Cyrix said. "It could be what they were doing.  I wish I had met them."  She said, looking at the doodle she made of Vylor, wondering what he exactly was and how he did the things that Petrie had observed.  She also wondered if he miss understood something.  

Petrie looks from Mim's drawing to Cyrix, "Maybe, they talk odd though.  He seem nicer and wanting to tell us stuff, but she wouldn't let him.  Some stuff he say me not understand."  He thought trying to remember some of what they said, "Like, there is this enormous black...then, the lights you see at night are actually...me wonder what he about to say when she stop him."

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Cyrix gave a short heatfelt laugh and said to the flyer "I'm sure he meant nothing. He was just lost in the moment of talking with you kids."

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Me not so sure, she stopped him from saying something but not at other times."  Petrie said, "Me think somewhere there is an enormous black something, probably a big black scary something." He said afraid, "and what are the night lights really, not just lights. Maybe something scary too." He said.

Mim nodded, putting the mystery of Vylor aside for the moment, plenty of time to explore that later.  "I have my own theories about certain things.  As well as certain observations I have made." She said.

"And how they travel so fast, like Vylor travel fast."

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Argaya and Vylor were running to a secluded glade. They wanted to be alone for a while.

"It seems," said Vylor, "That there are others here who have supernatural gifts. Longtail and Dante were both affected by our magic, while no one else was. That can't be just coincidence."

"Should we tell them?" asked Argaya.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Littlefoot looked to see everyone he was with leave leaving him alone.  He shrugged and started looking for his old friends.  He first went over to where Ruby and Chomper's caves were.  He found them a short distance away still eating.  Chomper had found a nest of buzzers and Ruby was a short distance off near a bush of ground stars.  He headed over to where they were.

"Mmm, spicy, you want some Ruby?" He asked.

"Maybe later." Ruby said, neither one seeing Littlefoot yet.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"Not unless there is a real reason to." Replied Vylor.

"Like what?" asked Argaya.

-----

Somewhere outside the valley, a dark figure appeared. He looked at his body. This will do.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
While still training with Dante, Longtail's right eye changed color once more, and he suddenly started having chest pains, and as he collapsed on the ground from the pain he stuttered out..."S-s-storm...coming....and....the eye...is dark...d-d-defend...yourself"