The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Mizan's LBT Art

Mizan · 12 · 1716

Mizan

• Ruby
    • View Profile
    • My Art Instagram
I'm glad to find a place to share these lol. First up, a piece I finished yesterday, this is my character Brachie!

In childhood games with my toys, Brachie was always either Dink or Littlefoot's rival... for this board's purposes we'll say Littlefoot. I haven't worked out much backstory for him yet but I'd say his family/herd came to the Great Valley and now he lives there too. He often competes against Littlefoot even if the latter isn't always willing to do so. He's a braggart like Rhett and fond of trying to one-up Littlefoot as much as he can.

My  sona Rose with Mr. Threehorn, aka "Topsy" or Tops. I've been strangely fond of him for a while, so I guess that's why this little storyline came to mind. Basically, Rose is also friendly to Mr. Threehorn and will say hi and talk to him whenever she sees him, which he's pretty taken aback by, seeing as she's a ... well, longneck. Over time, he softens up to her although he's too stubborn to directly admit it, and they form a sort of father-daughter relationship. Cera doesn't like it too much lol. Sometimes Rose helps babysit Tricia.
This is a wip obviously! I plan to color it asap.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2021, 01:38:09 PM by Mizan »

chomper94

• The Chomper Fanatic (and the Meme Boy)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Hop in, we’re gonna go visit the GOF.
    • View Profile
Mizan these are very good!  Especially the Branchie character you created.

I hope to see more from you in the future! :ChomperImAwesome

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
I wonder why do Brachie competes against Littlefoot? O_o And how do Littlefoot's friends react on it?

Good ones! :D
Would like to see color version, and more drawings of yours.
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Mizan

• Ruby
    • View Profile
    • My Art Instagram
I wonder why do Brachie competes against Littlefoot? O_o And how do Littlefoot's friends react on it?

Good ones! :D
Would like to see color version, and more drawings of yours.

Thanks! well it's because he's an insecure bully lol.

here's one I just finished, it's Littlefoot x Ali as adults~

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Yo these are all very nice! Glad to see another fanartist joining us! I love Brachie's design, and the Littlefoot x Ali piece is gorgeous (especially the sky colours :wub). Keep up the good work, and I look forward to seeing more!

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
Yay, Littlefoot x Ali! My favourite ship.

My only suggestion is, it isn't really clear in the drawing itself that they're adults. They still look like kids; maybe if it'd been a wider body shot? But nicely done overall, I really like it.

Mizan

• Ruby
    • View Profile
    • My Art Instagram
Yay, Littlefoot x Ali! My favourite ship.

My only suggestion is, it isn't really clear in the drawing itself that they're adults. They still look like kids; maybe if it'd been a wider body shot? But nicely done overall, I really like it.

thanks guys! Yeah I thought after finishing it that they didn't look old enough haha. Maybe like in their teens or something. I tried :rhett_smile

The jewelstone queen

• just call me Jewel ; D
  • Spike
  • I'm just an artist :0
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel (I animate stuff, they old)
Whoa! Incredible! Brachie kinda reminds me of Rhett. I love his design! (also Dink is obviously trying to compete with lbt, I hardly ever hear people talk about him, so I just had to say now or never.  :rhett_smile)

Those are some nice warm colors in that one with Ali and Littlefoot. And don't worry about them looking too young. I am counting down the days until we see an official design for the adult versions of the gang, but if we're being honest, they would be the same dinos they once were.
I'm currently writing an lbt fanfic about Littlefoot and Ruby, it's a little cringy at first. Go check it out if you're interested! FANFICTION.NET- https://www.fanfiction.net/s/14063661/1/The-Land-Before-time-Unbearable
OR RIGHT HERE ON THE WEBSITE- https://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=17556.0

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Agreed, Littlefot and Ali look pretty young here. But drawing is very nice! :)
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
The advice I can give you to make them look older is that adult longnecks typically have smaller eyes and much thicker necks compared to the youngsters. The necks are pretty much the same width as the head. Hope that helps!  :D

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hey great job with these! I agree with SRFG that one of the easiest ways to help make them look older is to decrease the size of their eyes relative to the size of the head. Can't say too much else as I haven't drawn too many adult characters myself haha. Looking forward to seeing more art from you!

Would you be interested in joining in on the fanart prompts btw?

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
First off, welcome to the GoF! It's really cool to see a new fanartist around here!

Second of all, I love all your art!! The soft colors and shading in the Littlefoot and Ali picture make it look so sweet, along with their adorable poses! Also, I haven't seen many Brachiosaurus OCs before, so Brachie is pretty cool! The story behind how you created him reminds me of when my brother and I were little and would pretend with Land Before Time toys. We always threw some generic dinosaur toys into the play as random OCs, too! :lol Finally, Rose is adorable! The idea of Mr. Threehorn having an unlikely friendship with a longneck kid is cute, and I look forward to seeing that sketch finished.

As someone who has never cared for Mr. Threehorn, I am curious: what made him a favorite of yours? (Don't worry, I'm not looking to judge...I'm the queen of having obscure fave characters!)