The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Free-Form Fantasy

Noname · 944 · 38763

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"Here, let me show you to the temples." Valeron said to Harley. Being a paladin does have its benefits.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
(OOC: You will need to edit that post, Neogenesis... Ophion is the father of Kos... and he is my character... and Ophion is not at home. And Kos isn't your character to control. Until that post is edited, I'm disregarding it as part of the story.)

The city guard had reached the ruins of the inn... an investigation was launched into the mage who had attacked it, but they could find no evidence to link it to anyone in specific.

babidikrakenguard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
What appeared to be a strange Female Dracon with scales dyed blue sat near the entrance to a shop. The mysterious Dracon in question was called Shal'thzar. She wore a long loincloth that touched the ground and a top, both of which were teal to match the element which she wields and purple feathers dangling from various places. She also wore a headdress made of purple feathers that made it look like she had grown purple feathers ontop of her head. various bracelets with emeralds were located on her hands and legs.

Shal'thzar sighed as she tried once again to summon water for her to drink out of a small cup she had just recently bought. She was thirsty but she knew that it was hard for her to summon water in a place like this, and it annoyed her. She was about to try summoning water again until she heard the sounds of the city guard going past the area where she sat. She then decided to follow the guards and see what they were up to.

Shal'thzar finally arrived to the ruins of the inn. Not knowing what had happened, she searched for a place to sit down.. "Now that im at the Inn, i can finally have something to drink!" Shal'thzar thought to herself as she sat down on a burnt chair.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The bartender approached Shal'thzar. "Uh miss... the inn is closed for now. Thanks to all that damage, it will be some time before we can hope to reopen... I can get you some water if you like, though."

A waitress who was still at the damaged inn spoke to the newcomer: "Hey lady! Are you blind or something? Can't you see the mess? And... oh..."

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"I've never been much of a religious person." Harly told the paladin.

"If I come with you to the temple I'm not going to have to swear any oaths am I?"

babidikrakenguard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"Huh? Damage?" Shal'thzar said with a surprised tone. She then noticed that the inn smelled funny, as if something had just recently burned. "Now that you mention it, place does smell kinda fishy.. Like something burned!" Shal'thzar said with a harty laugh then silenced for a moment. She had heard what the other waitress had said, but did not say anything. She then looked back to the bartender and said: "I shall take my leave. Before i go though, may i request this cup.." Shal'thzar held up her small cup and continued. ".. Be filled with water?"

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Here you go" the waitress said, pouring some water for the newcomer...

Hopefully, the inn would be repaired soon...

babidikrakenguard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"Thank you very much." Shal'thzar said with a smile, gently setting a few coins on the table for the waitress. Shal'thzar got up from the chair and began to head for the door.  "By the way, do not worry about it. I am indeed blind, but no hard feelings, right?" Shal'thzar said to the waitress with a laugh. "May luck be with you." Shal'thzar said before exiting the inn..

She walked over to a nearby shop not far from the inn and sat down. Something had happened and she wanted to know what it was, and she wanted to ask the guards questions about what had happened to said inn..

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Back at the inn...

The bartender collected the money, with a surprised look on his face... "That was quite a generous amount for a glass of water..."

Meanwhile...

Ophion (who was not at home) used a spell to find other spellcasters in the area, on the off-chance that the mage who had attacked the inn was still in the area. As it was, he detected the power of another Dracon with magic nearby... a female. Wondering if she had any connection to this, he followed her to see if she knew anything.

babidikrakenguard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Shal'thzar took a sip of the water in her cup and was immediately refreshed. She was about to take another sip (or a gulp, as she was very thirsty) but noticed the sound of a Dracon nearby, one that was following her. She was about to respond to the sound of the Dracon but decided to wait and see what would happen..

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Ophion came up to Shal'thzar. He greeted her formally and asked her "Do you know of what happened here? I can sense that you cannot see, but that you aren't totally unaware of your surroundings. Do you know anything about the mage that attacked this place?"

babidikrakenguard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"Darn, you noticed i was listining!" Shal'thzar said with a laugh, but was quickly silenced. She looked up at Ophion and shook her head. "Something might happen, though im not compleatly sure. For all i know, something may happen but it might be far from where we are. Or will it be close by?" Shal'thzar said with an emotionles tone to her voice and folding her arms. "We may never know. Although i do know that i do not know anything of what had happened here, nor do i know anything about this mage." Shal'thzar took another sip of water. "Are you after him? Are you one of the city guards?" Shal'thzar asked, now with a questioning tone to her voice.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"I am a mage of some power, as well as an adept at the sword... but I am not a city guard" Ophion replied. "I used to be a soldier for this city, and I am still loyal to it. If anyone harms Minthebec, they will have to answer to me..." he said with a grin.

babidikrakenguard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Shal'thzar grinned at Ophion's reply. "So you say." Shal'thzar said, drinking her water until only a drop remained. "This mage that decided to attack the inn.. Do you know anything about them?" Shal'thzar asked.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"I have no idea who that was or what his motive might have been..." Ophion replied. "I was hoping that you knew something about it..."

Meanwhile...

Kos sat on his bed. He waited there patiently "thinking about what he did"... he waited until the sun sank just low enough in the sky. Although his family had already eaten dinner, he knew that his mother liked to have a cup of tea afterwards... and always at a certain time of day. When he knew that time had come, he also knew that his mother would be downstairs, sitting on a nice, soft cushion drinking that tea and reading something.

Now that she was distracted, Kosjurec pushed his bed aside and lifted up a loose floorboard, revealing some scrolls he had "borrowed" from his father. He sat on his bed, reading those magical pieces of parchment, hoping to learn more about the mysteries of magic...

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"Not at all!" Valeron said. "The only times you have to swear oaths at the temples are when you already worship the temple gods."

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"On second thought I have an errand I wish to attend to," said Harly, "but I thank you for your help...umm... your a paladin right?  Forgive me but from where I come from knights of faith are forbidden... could you tell me more about yourself?"

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Meanwhile...

Kos sat on his bed, reading the scrolls. With his parents busy, no one saw him. He saw a particularly interesting spell... a force bolt. When used correctly, this spell would conjure a blue sphere of energy and hurl it in a certain direction. If it hit a smooth surface that was hard enough, it would bounce off of it, and could bounce around for a little while before eventually dissipating. Useful as a weapon... but also as a way to hit something from an angle...

babidikrakenguard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"So i see." Shal'thzar replied. She then looked down at her cup and saw that it was full again and took another sip. "Fire is weak against water. If you need any help on finding or fighting this mage let me know."

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"I will try to find this mage... and bring him to justice" Ophion said. "Any help you can give would be appreciated... We should really bring this information to the city guards, though. The city has far more resources than either of us... and it is the job of the king and his men to stop threats like that from threatening the city."

"So he can collect more taxes" Ophion added mentally, knowing how little the king really cared about his people.