The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Problems of the party room

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Hi!
The party room isn't running the way it is supposed to and I'm afraid this is partly my fault. Most games are attended, but by two people, Nick and me. Other games are attended, but they are not exactly the challenging games (word association  :rolleyes: ).
I didn't respond to the games hoping that others would join in, but I don't suppose the games are much fun for the majority. Other games (a trip around the world and famous people linking) have been going on so long that more and more frequently places or people are repeated or errors are gracefully overlooked.
Perhaps it would be an option to part the Party room into two sections.
One section for tough questions (enter at your own risk to be asked about the size of Abraham Lincoln's socks  ;) )
And one for the easier questions (Don't anyone dare to ask for Botswana's 14st minister of foreign affairs there  :lol: ).
What do you think of this idea?

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Good Idea Malte. I have also noticed this problem.
Nick
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
I think I agree with you.  Some of us are not that well trained in certain topics like you two.  I feel somewhat guilty cause I don't go out a lot.  :p  But so far, I'm just waiting for a question I can actually answer.  Until then, I just go to the RPGs. :DD

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
It's good to know that I'm not the only one here who noticed this. ;)  If you want a section for "hard" games, I can make a subforum (same as I did for Caption This) if you think there is enough interest.  If there isn't, then best suggestion is to water down the questions.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Sounds like the man's gotta plan! All thumbs up on this end!  ;) This will also help clear up the page a bit coz I know that I personally tend to ignore the games that are not on the first page  -_- 2 sub-forums sounds the business to me! :)

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
But what should we call the forums?
nick
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I won't create anything yet, but if you guys can come up with a name, and decide which current games should be moved in there, I'll take care of everything the next time I'm on. :)

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The Hard ones we should call Nick's Trivia Tests and the easier ones we should called General Trivia :P:
Nick
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I don't care what it's called. :P:  If you want Nick's Trivia Challenge or whatever, I can work with that.

Just so you know, we're only adding ONE forum for the harder trivia games and everything else (i.e. Word Association) will be left in here.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Alright. Anybody else care to put forth a name?
Nick
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
As newbies won't know what to make of "Nick's trivia challange" I'd much rather choose sort of an explaining name from which people will know that the questions are tougher there and maybe what most of the questions are about (even though this would bear the risk of causing the impression that some quiz topics are ruled out).

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Also, I should like the new region to be perhaps about a bit more than just short questions and answers. Perhaps we can exchange a little more about history or whatever there.

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile