The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Presents as Kid

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
This just came to me,as I am currently doing my Christmas present shopping for this year.

Surely we all have the stories of when we get someone the strangest presents when we were kids,things we thought was the best present ever..but our parents..pretend to like it....least my parents pretended to like them..and I bought it..darn.

Here is some of mine,and my family still laughs about them to these day..geez will that  ever get over it...most likely not,I'll never live these down. They will not let me forget them..ever.

When I was four I gave my father his own car keys for his Birthday..seriously. I stole the car keys from the table,wrapped them up (in paper I made myself) and gave them to him. His reaction was "Oh,just what I wanted"

On my Mothers birthday,again when I was four..I wrapped up her toothbrush and gave it to her...yeah....

When I was five,I gave my mother weeds from the garden-I thought they were flowers...but she put them in a vase nontheless..but she threw them out when I went to bed...love you too mum...

When I was six I have my mother a potted plant..I wrapped it up and all..yeah here is the thing...

We owned that potted plant for two years already.

Again,was six. Gave my father money for his Birthday..I got the money from his wallet.

Man I was a weird 6 year old..cause there is another one

Gave my brother a stick for Christmas,yes a stick. Surprised he didn't hit with it...

Last one is my sisters Birthday when I was nearly 7..so I was still this strange 6 year old. She had a cold so I gave her a box of tissues.

Think after that,everyone was tired of my crappy presents so either my mum or dad would come to shop with me and buy the present for me,but let me say I got it all by myself.

Anyone else give someone a strange present when they were younger?

Or was I just a highly strange child? If thats the case...I'm pretty sure I'm now the laughing stock.

Or has anyone revived a strange present? I do  recall getting a roll of toilet paper covered in glitter for Christmas last year from my 4 year old niece...ah she is taking after me.

Zimba

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Sorry,Nahla had to laugh at you,you wrapped up your fathers car keys... :lol..and your mothers toothbrush.

Daughter of the year goes to-NOT Nahla. :lol

On my fathers Birthday,when I was about 6,I decided to make him a coffee..cause he loved coffee..so I poured coca-cola into a cup..cause coke looked like coffee to me...

I thought it didn't look good enough,so I decided to add froth to it like I saw on TV...haha I used dishwashing liquid that I scrapped off the top of a container...haha.

Good thing my father noticed or it would of ended very badly...I never lived that down either.

Hey,guys may I make yous a coffee? I'm like a pro as you can see  :lol.

A few other strange gifts I gave during my childhood years.

When I was 8 my mother wanted a new kettle,so I got her a plastic toy one..she still has it to this day actually.

I have more tales to tell,but I'll rather not make myself look like a fool..pretty sure the whole coffee story already did that though.

And as for weirdest presents I ever got was a box of bottle cap magnets,but it was cute because the neighbours kids made them for everyone in the street. I have them around somewhere.

I do recall getting a roll of toilet paper covered in glitter for Christmas

Nahla,told me that story. Her niece was trying to make her a pencil holder. Too cute if you ask me. I love homemades gifts,though sometimes they make no sense what so ever.