The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

If you could add one character to the Gang

MurMur · 12 · 1816

MurMur

• Petrie
    • View Profile
If you could permanently add one character to the Gang, whom would you choose?
Ruby and Chomper are already part the Gang, so don't vote for them.
Don't forget to explain your choice.

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
This is harder than one might think. Ali could not join, because it would bring up conflict between littlefoot and his friends (I mean, if another character was being added, they would be even older by then, right?) And I think it would be unfair to the others cuz they don't have any 'girl/boyfriends'.

Or even great friends, like Spike and Tippy. Tippy would not work well because Ducky would get jealous.

Mo definitely would not work because his very own way of movement is quite limited.

Doofah's a bit too big and er, different. I would think the smaller one, the green one, would work best. BUT, he can't really talk (like Spike), and he leads a WHOLE HERD. So erm, no lol.

And finally, Guido would actually be the most fitting of the characters you listed because he would bring a different side to the gang, but he's a kind of awkward...

So I chose Someone else. I would think a character that can conflict with Ruby would be interesting.

MurMur

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I thought Doofah is the pink female Yellowbelly, not her blue male companion. She is refered to as "Doofah" in my copy of LBT 13, and her companion is "Loofah". Is that right? Several members here refer to her as "Loofah" for some reason.

Bruton the Iguanodon

Ali!  :smile

I remember when I saw the TV series I was disappointed that she and not Ali was---for some reason I thought, "Littlefoot's crush!" Either ways, I want her. Mo, while my favorite, would be hard to be a sixth member, cause he can only be with them as long as they're near water.  :cry

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Although I am an Ali fan, I voted for Guido :)

He really clicks well with the Gang - they watch his back, and he... will try and watch theirs, too
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yellowbellies!!! NEVA

I think Mo wouldn't be a good choice for the points above..
I doubt Tippy would like to befriends with Littlefoot and his friends. He didn't interact with any of them but Spike and he completely ignored Ducky whenever she was around...

I can imagine( and I really would've liked) to have Guido and/or Ali in the Gang. I haven't seen the TV series yet so I can't say whether they'd be better than Ruby and Chomper.

Though I think that Guido is more of a follower, who would mostly agree to the majority like Petrie often does, while Ali has her own opinion(I guess).
Guido doesn't have much potential, while Ali would have given them a lot of plot possibilities. Of course we'd finally see LF/Ali in love, but also some more great arguments or fights(Cera vs. Ali, Cera's gonna hurt Ali, LF saves Ali and teaches Cera a deep lesson together with Ali).
Therefore I voted for ALI
Inactive, probably forever.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
I'd have to go with Ali.
In fact if I had been in charge of the TV series, I would have omitted Ruby and brought Ali back as a new main character.
(But I'd keep Chomper though)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I would have liked to see that as well :yes Though Ruby & Chomper are alright too. If there was to be a second season, they could have made those two resident members of the Gang and Chomper & Ruby would only appear in one or two episodes... My view on this anyway :p
Inactive, probably forever.

CeraTheRed

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
It was really hard to choose between the two, but out of all the new characters, I like Guido better than Ali, not that I don't like Ali, but I just like Guido's personality a BIT more than Ali's, so I went with Guido.

LBTLover1

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pranksterclan.co.nr
I had a hard time choosing between Guido and Ali (just like everyone else).  I mainly chose Guido only for the fact of dinosaur diversity.  Since all the characters are different and interact differently, I figured it would be more aesthetically pleasing.  Yes, Ali is different from the rest of the gang, but is too similar to Littlefoot to be appropriately fitting in the gang.  

I know this is a weird explanation, but that's how I feel.

Phantom

• Spike
    • View Profile
Mo seems logical. He'd add more diversity. Now we have the token water character, yay! That being said, it would be hard to incorporate him frequently.

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile