The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Season 2

Jasper · 217 · 27166

Chomper4

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Maybe Ali and Guido will become main characters.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
That would be an interesting thought, although that's even IF there is to be a second season, however I doubt Ali would become one of the main characters again...Guido...maybe, put even still that's would be up in the air for a while (no pun intended :lol )

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
If there were I doubt that would happen, though it could be interesting to see what Guido may be like as a main character.  I guess they'd have him and certain others be a guest character in 1 episode each like in season 1.  Though since he lives in the valley he should be in more then just 1 episode.

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, seven is already a pretty large number for a main character group. When a show was made called the Chan Clan, I believe it had about twelve characters. It was harder making a scene where twelve different characters had different opinions and different ways of doing things, so most scenes used a different amount of characters. For example, during an episode, most scenes spilt the group into teams, like a set of two, three, three, and four. Any more than seven characters will make things a good deal harder on the writers, I think. Look at all the Digimon series. How many episodes had every character in the same place at the same time? Being split into small teams or going solo for a while was used during almost every episode of each of the five seasons. Even some LBT episodes had the gang split up for a majority of the main parts or didn't show them at all to make it easier to write, like:
Canyon of the Shiny Stones- Littlefoot, Petrie, and Chomper in one place during most of the episode, and the others were elsewhere.
The Mysterious Tooth Crisis- Ruby, Cera, and Spike in one place during most of the episode, and the others were elsewhere.
Days of Rising Waters- If I recall correctly, Littlefoot, Petrie, and Chomper made up the only gang appearances the whole time.
With more charcters, split ups like this will probably be much more frequent. The more characters a show has, the more complicated it is to make sure that each one has some part in it. Although sometimes, large numbers can result in characters not showing up at all, like Days of Rising Waters. We all have seen some problems with the episodes. If they have even more work to do, like including more characters that will be around the whole season, I expect to see even more errors.

Don't misunderstand me though. I would love more main characters, but if so, episodes might be about certain ones and/or certain episodes would have many parts where the gang members would be in separate places most of the episode. I had an idea for a new gang member that I already posted in the Characters You Wish They Brought Back topic, but after looking over my post there, even I saw how ridiculous of an idea that was. But now that I'm thinking a bit more realistically, if it works out, new members I'd like to see are: Ali for one, so that there can be some romantic scenes and even episodes with her and Littlefoot. Perhaps a young rainbow face sent to live with the gang for further study, but with little or no power, or not very knowledgable on how to use it, or it was sealed to avoid suspicion if he or she ever wanted to use it in public. And of course, the rule this character would have is not to reveal secrets of the world, but maybe a few times he or she blurts out of couple things for interesting reactions. (Then again, this last suggestion isn't realistic at all either, is it? Well I tried. This is more likely than my idea in the new character idea topic at least. I think it is anyway.) I like Mo, but the water would restict him too much. Any Mysterious Beyond visits would either be rare or not possible. A tinysaurus or two would make a nice edition, I believe. Although since they all have such interesting personalities, I couldn't decide between them all to pick out just one or two of them. And those are my suggestions for new gang members if that will happen. I hope that some of these could possibly work out. Later!

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
One idea I had and mentioned before that would have worked, is to have say Guido as part of the gang, but do it like the did in the episodes I saw of the Justice League cartoon where not all of the gang members would be in every episode.  Each episode would have 1-2 of them not in the episode.  Some of them could be mentioned as being with Tria at the mud pit, Ducky & spike are doing family stuff with their family today, same with Petrie, Cera, ect.  So you don't have all 6 or 8 or 9 members in every episode, but have say 4-5 at a time.

Chomper4

• Ducky
    • View Profile
If so, who would you like to see added as a main character in season two? I'd like to say Guido. :idea I think Pterano will be a recurring character.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Is all this speculation or is there going to be an actual second season?
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Yes, speculation since as far as I know there's been no actual word if there will be a season 2 or not.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Chomper4

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Who do you think sehould be added in as a main character?

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
No one. I'd rather have them remove Ruby & Chomper again. It doesn't feel thesame.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
No one. I'd rather have them remove Ruby & Chomper again. It doesn't feel thesame.
I agree, but then I'm also the one who felt LBT hasn't felt the same since LBT 4 and it's been really odd ever since LBT 11. :p

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
Quote from: Mumbling,Jan 25 2009 on  10:02 PM
Meh..  I always felt they were welcome additions to the series...  To be honest, I felt I could really relate with Ruby in some aspects...  I dunno how I'd feel either way, but if too many characters get added, it does have a shallower feel to it, I'll agree there...  But hey, LBT is LBT to me.  I know that most of ya can't roll with that, but I'm a weirdo... :D
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

Chomper4

• Ducky
    • View Profile

Chomper4

• Ducky
    • View Profile
What do you think are the chances of Guido being a main character?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Not to high, but it would be nice.  Maybe at least in episodes where Petrie is doing stuff with his family or another gang member is absent.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Guido would be neat, but I doubt it.