The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

RainbowFaceProtege's Plush Projects!!

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
Honestly it looks okay to me, but I'm not really a nitpicker. You got the colors of the sky-colored snout right, at least. :p
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
@RainbowFaceProtege: Yep, yep, yep! :duckyhappy :lol I like crazy!

I agree. This rainbowface plushy you made reflects the inexperience that you had at the time. I’m not really keen on the facial expression you showcased here in combination with the T-Rex like posture you put the female into. But then again, it also kinda makes her look like a child pleading for something, adding a bit of humor to your creation. :lol

The tail could’ve ended more pointed instead of flat, and the feet could’ve been improved.

The colors you’ve chosen are basically on point. The blue stripes on her back were done nicely and the yellow underbelly is good as well. The head is also more or less accurate.

Despite the criticisms I’ve had in the beginning, it’s still an amazing plushy! Trust me, I could never make something even remotely close to whatever you do on a daily basis, at least without step-on-step instructions. I’m only a little more critical than usual because you seem very good at what you do.
:)littlefoot

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
While its not as superb as the Guido one, you've managed to replicate the rainbowface quite nicely here. The colors are mostly all spot-on, but the toning on the beak looks to be slightly off by how it is shaped. A small nitpick here and there, but the end result is anything but poor. It is indeed amazing when people put their skills to good use. You certainly would not see me doing this sort of thing, even though I did some in comprehensive school, but never on this scale. :)littlefoot

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Good job. Technically you need two Rainbow Faces. I think you should make the pair. :)

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
Thanks for your feedback, folks! I've been making some improvements to this Rainbow Face today, hoping I can correct most of her downfalls, and so far it's not so bad. Particularly, I'm trying to shape her face better and make the neck/legs/tail skinnier. Maybe also going to pose her arms differently to cut down on the "T. rex" look. :lol

Good job. Technically you need two Rainbow Faces. I think you should make the pair. :)
Hmm, what makes you think you've seen everything yet?  ;)Cera
He also is going through a bit of an overhaul right now, but I'll be uploading pics once I'm through. :rainbowwave

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I understand your own critiques, Rainbow, but again this plushie looks really adorable :D I love the fact that it can sit upright (which would be harder to accomplish with "proper" anatomy). Do you happen to remember how long this one took to finish?

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I understand your own critiques, Rainbow, but again this plushie looks really adorable :D I love the fact that it can sit upright (which would be harder to accomplish with "proper" anatomy). Do you happen to remember how long this one took to finish?

Thanks Mumbling! :SmugSpike Yep, having her able to sit upright was one of my goals when I was making her. As for how long she took to finish, I don't remember since this is one of my older ones, but I'd venture to say it was about a week. That head would've taken me a long time.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
More plushies! More plushies! Mlre plushies! :bestsharptooth

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

More plushies! More plushies! Mlre plushies! :bestsharptooth
Rest assured I'll be putting "mire" up when I'm done with improvements to my second Rainbow Face. :PAli

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
All these plushies are amazing! I don't think I ever seen such nicely stitched fan made plushies like these before! They re so adorbs!  :Mo Don't worry, I won't go  :TakeMoney over them. XD ...But I wouldn't mind paying for some yellowbelly plushies. :PCera (Just joking  :bestsharptooth)

Also I can't wait to see your second Rainbow face!  :chompysmile

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
All these plushies are amazing! I don't think I ever seen such nicely stitched fan made plushies like these before! They re so adorbs!  :Mo Don't worry, I won't go  :TakeMoney over them. XD ...But I wouldn't mind paying for some yellowbelly plushies. :PCera (Just joking  :bestsharptooth)

Aww, thank you!
 :lol :lol :lol

Fan-made plushies do seem to be rare, though I must say I once came across a really great Ducky someone crocheted. This felted one is also amazing, though she seems to have a bit of an underbite.

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile

Aww, thank you!
 :lol :lol :lol

Fan-made plushies do seem to be rare, though I must say I once came across a really great Ducky someone crocheted. This felted one is also amazing, though she seems to have a bit of an underbite.

Holy... the first thing I see when I open that link is Ducky without her eyes, and it was quite terrifying. But after a quick stroll, I can see they made quite good progress on it. I quite like the furry version of her, it is certainly unique.

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Holy... the first thing I see when I open that link is Ducky without her eyes, and it was quite terrifying.
Haha, can't blame you for that. :lol Beware Ducky when there's a full moon... :bestsharptooth

On a related topic, it creeps people out when they see plushies I've got in progress that I've put the eyes on but not yet attached pupils to. :p

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Holy... the first thing I see when I open that link is Ducky without her eyes, and it was quite terrifying.
Haha, can't blame you for that. :lol Beware Ducky when there's a full moon... :bestsharptooth

On a related topic, it creeps people out when they see plushies I've got in progress that I've put the eyes on but not yet attached pupils to. :p

I am now haunted bu this eyeless Ducky! :o

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, here's this guy!----->:rainbowwave

This one had already looked better than my other Rainbow Face, but I still thought the proportions could be more movie-accurate, so I was experimenting with that. I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. Looks like I'll be making the same changes to the other one now!

(If I could change anything else about this one, it'd be the color of that green fabric. Unfortunately, when I made him, that fleece was the best match the fabric store had to the color of the character, or at least it was the best that was any good for making plushies.)

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
At last more plushies. :)

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
He holds his arms out like a kangaroo/T-rex. So intelligent, yet so derpy. :rainbowwave
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
While there's still the recurring T-Rex pose from last time, I really like the facial expression he has here. It makes him look derpy like Owls has stated. Haha, I like this rainbowface plushy much better than the previous one. :lol

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Heh, I looked at screenshots again, though, and they actually do hold their arms T. rex style! :lol

(Run, Littlefoot!! They're carnivores from outer space, and this is all just an elaborate hunting strategy!!)

To distinguish between the Rainbow Faces' personalities a little, I actually wanted this plushie to look a little derpy. :lol He does have a bit of a "scatterbrained scientist" personality. :p

I'm going to do my darndest to make my other Rainbow Face more presentable...her nose especially needs help, stat!!

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Again, amazing job  :wow I love that you give the plushies a personality, that adds so much life to them :D