The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Drawings by RainbowFaceProtege :)

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Like the fan fic idea!  :)petrie I also like the designs. I can see the anime inspiration.  :chompysmile

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
Crap, I haven't been keeping up with your artwork lately. But great job as always! :^^spike

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
Glad you guys like my human versions! :^^spike I have some more, so I'll have to post them sometime when I can manage to get decent pictures!

Fun fact about this picture...after I posted it on social media, I felt kinda bummed because almost literally no one looked at it. Then Aria Curzon saw it, liked it, left the kindest comments, and reposted it! Needless to say, I was practically beside myself with happiness! it was cool. :lol
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 06:37:21 PM by RainbowFaceProtege »

"I don't see anything!"--Cera

"Maybe your eyes are getting in the way."--Rainbow Face

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Alrighty, here goes some more humanization. Rainbow Faces this time! :Mo This one was kind of different because I did most of the color with Copic markers, then used colored pencils for shading/details.

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Amazing!  :olittlefoot I feel like this could be a concept of their alternate or real forms!  Just fantastic! :rainbowwave  :rainbowwave

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Thanks @Goldenwind !! I never thought of it that way, but you're right! :lol

Hmm, I did just realize how disproportionately large the male's head is, though. He looks like a kid or something. :rolleyes Maybe I'll try to do a better version one of these days.

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
The suits do give them that space-like feel. They seem out-of-this-world...which I suppose is the point haha.
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Now this is interesting. I really like the design of the female Rainbow Face's outfit. Seems much more alien or futuristic in design compared to the more modern look for the male's (though I guess it is futuristic compared to LBT :p )

Very cool!

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I like Goldenwind's idea! :D The big head you mentioned might just be part of their alien physique, right? ;)

Their outfits are very fitting. Would 100% get that tie. Well done :)

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Very Nice @RainbowFaceProtege! I really like how the male and female Rainbow Faces are different ethnicities. I can niw imagine them appearing to humans in these forms. Great job! :)

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Glad you guys enjoyed these! Thanks for the comments, as usual! :rainbowwave
@OwlsCantRead  :exactly :smile

@Flathead770 For the outfits, I kind of imagined that what the female one is wearing would be an example of their true attire, while the male's outfit would be a (somewhat misguided) try at blending in with normal humans, heh heh. :lol

@Mumbling Thanks, I'll take that excuse! :P Haha, and how could I not do a rainbow-colored tie?
@Gentle Sharptooth Ah, yeah, I realized after I humanized the Gang that I didn't incorporate any diversity there. :sducky It's now my goal to include more dark-skinned characters in the rest of my humanizations. (Humanizations = totally a word!)

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
I usually tend to ignore humanization drawings as they're not a style I'm fond with usually, but I must say I'm very impressed with your interpretation of the rainbowfaces. I can't say that I'd imagine them any differently, they look pretty "out of this world" to me. They also kinda look like cool superhero characters, not gonna lie. Great job! :smile

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
The Rainbowfaces are among us! 👀🤣

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
@ImpracticalDino Ah, I'm happy I could catch your attention, then! :Mo Thank you!! Who knows? Maybe they've been inspired by some certain heroic residents of space out there. Their voyages probably take them past Asgard, Sakaar, etc. every now and then. :p
@Gentle Sharptooth Indeed. :rainbowwave Fortunately, we come in peace! ;)Cera

Well, back to movie style now! Here's Pterano looking like he's about to recite Shakespeare! :lol I was looping Coldplay's "Viva La Vida" while I did this, trying to hit the right mood for this guy's character. (Who else thinks that song really suits him?)

(EDIT: Feel free to correct me on that, because I've never looked up the actual meaning of the song and don't know all the words. Heh, I think I just associate it with Pterano because the instrumentals remind me of "Very Important Creature.") :p
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 04:29:02 PM by RainbowFaceProtege »

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
I like Pterano's pose (reminds me of this lol). The coloring is on point, and his somber expression is very much reminiscent of his entire attitude throughout LBT7. ;p
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Pterano has the best poses hands down. They're always so over expressive. Makes him fun to draw. Awesome drawing of him too!   :)petrie

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
This must be the most beautiful drawing of Pterano I ever seen!  :)petrie Such awesome shading!

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Nice job on the coloring once again, Rainbow. You're really good at this :D Very iconic Pterano pose, too!

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
You guys are all too kind!! :^^spike I really enjoyed drawing this one--Pterano's dramatic poses are fun indeed, I should draw him more often! :)petrie