The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Dino Book Recommends

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Thought this could be a place  we could recommend dinosaur related books and discuss them. That includes scholarly books and fiction like Crichton’s Jurassic Park or a Land Before Time pop up book.

I have been wanting to read The Rise and Fall of the Dinosaurs by Steve Brusatte:

Can anyone recommend it?

@LittleDas75

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I haven't read that book, but I have read and enjoyed the following fiction book: The Land That Time Forgot by Edgar Rice Burroughs (author of Tarzan). It's in the public domain and can be downloaded for free here:

https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/551

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I haven't read that book, but I have read and enjoyed the following fiction book: The Land That Time Forgot by Edgar Rice Burroughs (author of Tarzan). It's in the public domain and can be downloaded for free here:

https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/551

I know that one! Cool!

I can recommend Crichton’s Lost World. I have trouble recommending Jurassic Park because the book feels more like slasher horror story akin to Carnosaur. Spielberg like Disney seriously lighted the presentation in the adaptation process; which made it better IMHO.

I am currently reading Crichton’s posthumous “Dragon Teeth,” which covers Palentologists battling to dig up dinosaur fossils, its actually really riveting, the characters are very well written, and it almost feels like a prequel to Jurassic Park. ;)

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • The Gang of Five's Yellow Belly fan
    • View Profile
Thought this could be a place  we could recommend dinosaur related books and discuss them. That includes scholarly books and fiction like Crichton’s Jurassic Park or a Land Before Time pop up book.

I have been wanting to read The Rise and Fall of the Dinosaurs by Steve Brusatte:

Can anyone recommend it?

@LittleDas75
I have this book though I haven't read it yet. But it was written by a well respected paleontologist so it will most likely be worth it.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile

Can anyone recommend it?

@LittleDas75
I have this book though I haven't read it yet. But it was written by a well respected paleontologist so it will most likely be worth it.

Oh that’s helpful. Thanks! If you ever want to do a group read let me know.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
It made me happy to see a DK Dinosaur book guide at my local grocery store. That some kid will get it and memorize dinosaurs like I did.