The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Mega Update: Here We Go!

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net
This week has been a real obstacle getting things ready for this update. I've had to put up with procrastinations, distractions, and feeling too tired and lazy to do anything (I need more fiber!)

With that said, this is another update that will be lacking a few things. One thing I wont have in this update is the art thumbnail bit (I have two made, but trying to transport them to this computer for the process of updating has become somewhat a pain in the arse. I'll make sure to include them with Tuesday's update!)

I've been experimenting with more sterio double vision pieces, one experiment will make it in this update tonight.

Oh, and here's the best part! Character art from my literature of Arkayia! And an almost final logo to boot. =)

Concerning literature, I'm in need of some opinions.

I'm not posting anything on the literature tonight for one reason. I'm in debate. I've been having a real struggle with the book, one thing concerning that I just dont know how to write the bloody intro! (the first chapter alone has been rewritten more than any of the other material...) and I'm just not as excited about the book as I was when I started it...

So... what I've decided to do for this week (and the weeks from here on) is rather instead of start from the beginning, I'm going to select a random part from the already finished literature, touch up on it and then use that as the weekly literature update.

I was wanting opinions on this. And if everyone agrees that its a good idea, I'll post the first ever Arkayia literature release tomorrow night (or sunday)

So please, write me your opinion. despite the fact that I may not respond as much as I should, I still check back frequently for replies =P

Anyway, enough of the chitter chatter. And on to the material!

--Arkayia Character Design-------------
The only image I have for this week for Arkayia is a concept of the character Princess Aria. I've drawn draft after draft trying to get her right (and I'm still not 100% happy with what I've got). I am somewhat rather pleased with the dress design here despite the fact that the first couple of scenes in the literature has her wearing a hooded robe, and later wragged clothing right up to her arrival in Ceria where she's given better clothes by her uncle (The Duke of Ceria)

First, I'll include the original piece (the pencil sketch) and then the colored piece (colored in Paint Shop Pro) the final image also includes my first concept of the project logo which will certainly change over time.

As a note, the wings are supposed to be very transparent in this picture. In some scenes she is seen as if in a vision actually having them, but normally she looks and feels like a normal human being without the wings.

---Anaglyph Projects----------------------------------------------

More experimenting with my 3D modeling software.

Remember, cross your eyes until both images match up into a third image which will look 3D

If you have trouble doing this, here's a few suggestions:

1. You may have to step back from the computer far enough until your eyes can handle the task
2. If you have a good paint program, use that to zoom out on the image until the image is small enough for your eyes to do the task.

--Life in General-----------------------------------------

In five days, I get my tax money! And yes, I've looked at the Acer computer and I tried it out, and I think I definitely want one. So my mind is set on what I'm going to do with that money =)

Also, I've started looking for a job again. April needs all the help I can give her to pay the bills. I'll just have to make a note to the manager that I need to be off two months from now so I could go into my rehab meeting.

Also... I need money as well.. I'm running out of needy things! =P

Wish me luck!

That is all I have for now...

Comments are always encouraging!

--Contact Me!---------------------------------------------------------------
Not the type who replies to e-mails (or forum topics such as this?), but would like to make a comment to me more personally every now and then? Here are some of the various ways you can get in contact with me.

Instant Messenger:
AOL: AvestheFox or Avesfoxy
Yahoo: Avesthefox
MSN: Avesthefox@hotmail.com

E-Mail:
Bullockarts@gmail.com

Myspace:
www.myspace.com/bullockarts  - Befriend me! I post more stuff in my blogs and whatnot! I also use Myspace IM for the sake of chatting through Myspace! Feel free to pop in and say hi!

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Good luck, try to not do to many things at once or you may burn out.  Or go cocoo  :p

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Dang, that's a good picture.  Far better than I could manage; you've more skill in your pinky than I have in my whole hand. :p

I keep saying it all the time, but continued good luck on the job search.  Times are tough out there to find things.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
keep up the good work Aves. Those drawings are excellent! can't wait to read part of your story..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: