The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

So what can I do about it?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Sometimes too the person just doesn't like you personally, as opposed to your work. A while ago I asked Malte to glance at Far Away Home and tell me what he thought, but he wouldn't even look at it because it didn't 'appear' to be pure enough LBT fiction. I kind of got the hint that maybe he wasn't interested in my efforts regardless of the contents, or he simply didn't like interact outside his set group of friends within the forum.
 :cry
That is not so Caustizer. I have absolutely no dislike whatsoever about you nor do I wish to limit contacts to a set group within the GOF. I even pointed this out specifically in my last member appreciation thread post. I regret very much that you should think of me as disliking you personally. It is absolutely not so.
Where it comes to LBT stories however I am one of the very few who promote the idea of LBT stories which are true to the early movies and include no elements whatsoever that would keep the story from being turned into a movie of the style of the original movie or the early sequels.
It is for this reason, and none other, that I did not read your story or most of the other fanfiction out there. It wouldn't help anyone. I could not thoroughly enjoy stories which mix LBT with non LBT elements and my criticism of such stories would therefore be so fundamentally about the content of the story that an author could not find it helpful at all (it would basically come down to keeping the non-LBT stuff out of LBT) and might even take offense which would be the very last thing I would want to achieve :unsure:
In case of your story I know there are many elements from the fantasy genre for example. I love LBT and I am very fond of many fantasy stories as well, but I don't think that two great things always mix to something as great or even greater. You may be an excellent writer and I will never even think of denying the great talent of many writers of fanfiction whose style may sometimes put even professional writers to shame. But because I am so much into "LBT purism" my feedback would not be of any help with these stories and it is therefore only that I don't read them. It is absolutely not for any personal reservations whatsoever against any of the writers and I must say that it really saddens me that you think of me this way :cry

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
You can try to look for any helpful hints in the critiques that are not to negative, spam, or of that type.  Also you can attempt to keep some things that make you laugh, such as certain tv shows, movies, ect that you can watch when you feel bad or something to keep you busy for a while.

Critiques can be hard to handle, moreso for some then others.