The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

400,000th

Pterano · 17 · 1315

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
In honor of the GoF's 400,000th post, I would like to make this post extra special and commemorate not only the site upon which I'll be marking my third anniversary soon, but also some truly fantastic members who stand out above the rest and really have made my stay here memorable. Rather than bragging about me getting the 400,000th post, I'd instead like to make this post about you guys, my friends. :)

First and foremost, I'd like to thank our amazing team of admins for making sure this site runs smoothly each and every day, and for keeping problems to a minimum. They are a fair, balanced, and incredibly competent team, and this site wouldn't be what it is without them. So a tremendously big thank you to our admin team for helping keep the GoF run efficiently!

Vonboy, you were my first friend here on coming to this site three years ago, and I still consider you a really good friend. :yes I have fond memories of writing my first fic and you reading and reviewing it every week, and I can still say that I count you as one of my nearest and dearest here on the site. You made me feel very welcome, and I'll always remember that. :)

Cancerian Tiger, you are an extremely friendly and very considerate member of the GoF. Although we don't talk much, I appreciate your presence and your thoughtful remarks and comments to other members of this forum. You're a sheer delight to have around and a real positive force here on our corner of the world. :yes

Ducky123 and I are relatively newly acquainted, but that hasn't prevented us from forming a pretty strong friendship here on the forum. I enjoy our chats and roleplays, and I love how we're able to play off each others' optimism to help cheer each other up in more depressing times. It's the more shakier times where friendship can really be tested, and I'd say we've both weathered those with flying colors. I hope to continue as your friend for as long as you're on the GoF. :yes

Bushwacked I've come to appreciate even more in the past year, though we've always shared very similar interests. You're a really awesome RPer, and you're great to talk to as well. I count you as one of my closer pals here on the GoF, and hope to continue doing so in the years to come. I love your sense of humor, writing style, and your positive and supportive attitude. It really helps out a lot here. :)

Jansenov, what more can I say that I haven't already told you? You're a philosopher of the highest caliber, and I absolutely love our discussions. You are in all seriousness one of the smartest individuals I've had the pleasure of speaking to. If it weren't for living an ocean apart, we'd practically be brothers. If we ever get the opportunity to meet in person, I just know we'd talk for hours on end about deep and meaningful topics, and maybe some even less so that are still fun to discuss. All the same, I'm very glad to know you, and I hope we continue supporting each other through the good and bad times.

Another member whose intellect I've come to appreciate is Rhombus. I enjoy discussing things with him in the AM section, and I think he brings a really strongly grounded perspective on topics to the GoF. He's also quite friendly, and offers his support to those going through rough times. I know he'll continue to be an active member of our community in the times ahead.

While on the subject of those I appreciate discussing philosophical and historic topics with, Malte cannot possibly be avoided in regards this category. It's always a real pleasure talking history with him, and even some of the finer points of morality and how it plays into philosophy as well. Not only that, he helps manage the site well, and despite his busy schedule, always ensures he carries out his duties swiftly and efficiently. He's never too busy to perform his tasks when they're required, and I really have to commend for him this. He's not only a sheer joy talking to, but he does his job very, very well, and I thank him for being not only a great friend, but also a great admin. :yes

Nick is another one I've come to appreciate over the years. He's got a heart of gold and a very generous personality, one of the most generous on the site. He's a good friend, and someone I enjoy chatting with for sure.

In general, I would also like to thank StrutEggStealer, Jared, Blitz, Mr. Wonk, LettuceBacon&Tomato, Chiletrek, Kor, and Mumbling for being conspicuously helpful, fun, or friendly at various times I've known them. :yes

So in closing, a big, big, BIG thank you to everyone I've already named, and to all my other buddies here on the GoF, and while some of you that I'm thinking of are no longer with us, you're always in my thoughts, and to those I have named and still know very well, thank you once again for making my time here a memorable one that has so far transcended many other communities I've been a part of. Here's to you, my big extended family here on the GoF! :DD

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
You gonna put it in your sig? It's about half-n-half on whether they do that

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I wanted to post that thread lol :DD

I'm very happy to be part of this community... we all achieved this together, yep, yep, yep :)
Inactive, probably forever.

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Yes I will be adding it to my sig, I think. :yes

We all did achieve this together, truer words have never been spoken, yep, yep, yep. :yes :DD

(runner up)
(runner up)

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
serris put the fact that he posted a milestone post in his sig, so there's precedent for it. hopefully one day we'll hit 1 million posts.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
Congratulations to everyone for getting us up to 400,000 posts! And nice job, Pterano!  :lol: Here's looking to 800,000 posts!  :DD

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Thank you! :DD I seriously couldn't have done it without you guys, though! You make this forum what it is today! :DD

(runner up)
(runner up)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hey, hey... Calm down, will ya! :p First we gotta reach 500000 which will need us more than a year, rather two I think :) When I joined it was around 350000.. and that was more than one year ago :p

Anyway, I can only return what you said, Cal. :yes
Inactive, probably forever.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
We can reach it, with the power of... friendship!  :boohoo

But yeah, thanks for the words, Pterano, that was a nice gesture  :) I'm happy we've become close, you rock  :D Along with everyone else I'm friends with on here too  :yes

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Congratulations on getting the 400,000th post, Pterano!  I share the sentiments of the others, I am sure that we will reach 500,000 as long as the membership stays active.  :yes Of that, I have no doubts.

And thank you for the kind words, Pterano.   :)

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
It was my pleasure, Rhombus, it truly was. :) Thank you for the congrats, and this truly has been an auspicious day, not just because of the post, but because of what I achieved with one of my tour operators as well! :DD

Thanks, Ducky and Bushwacked! You rock as well! :DD

(runner up)
(runner up)

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Huzzah! Congrats on all of us for this milestone!

I love you guys, and I hope this community can stay alive, like it has for over a decade now!
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Congratulations.  That is a nice milestone.  Maybe you'll hit the next one also.

I wonder which others hit milestones.  Think I hit one of the ones long ago.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Haha yay! Another 100,000 posts of wisdom written! Congrats on noticing it was your post :) And thanks for the compliments!

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
The day may come at some point for even the seventh digit barrier to be crossed. The air will taste the same after as before such a post, but it is the content of posts like yours Cal rather than the number that makes them matter :yes
Though having accumulated 400 000 of such posts is indeed quite an accomplishment testifying to the continuity of the GOF as a healthy and friendly community not dependent on the release of movies but self-reliant and based on its awesome members instead :)

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
No problem, Mumbling. :)

Thank you, Malte. :) Couldn't agree more! :)

(runner up)
(runner up)

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 400000 is indeed a big number, imagine the celebration that could happen when the forum reaches 500000 :DD . I hope I am still active to see that event :yes .