The Gang of Five
Howdy, everyone!

The member joining awards for 2019, 2020, and 2021 have been posted. We admins would like to thank each and every one of you who have made the forum their home over these years. It is because of people like you that the forum is the welcoming place that it is. :)

The forum supporter awards for those who maintained the forum on Patreon in 2023 will also be up shortly. Again, thank you all for what you do to keep our little corner of the Internet online!

The coffee thread: for our coffee drinkers out there

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
So this is just meant to be a thread for general coffee discussion.  What brands of coffee do you like the best?  What is your preferred brewing method?  What kind of roast/blend do you like?  What's your favorite type of creamer?

For me, I have a variety of coffee types I like.  For my drip coffee maker, I use either Maxwell House breakfast blend or Columbian.  I need to try the donut shop and house blends some day.  This is pretty much my go-to for "wake up and grab a cut of coffee with breakfast". 

For my French press, I use the Publix Premium (store brand but really good) French roast.  It always comes out strong and rich and makes a very enjoyable cup of coffee.  This is my afternoon "I could go for a good cup of coffee right now" coffee.

Then there's my espresso maker.  I use a Mr. Coffee brand espresso maker with a built in milk frother.  I don't drink Espresso just as coffee.  It's far too strong  I don't have a particular brand I prefer (last time I bought it I just used the Great Value brand from Walmart).  I only use it for making lattes/cappuccinos/mochas.  Also, the built in milk frother makes amazing hot chocolate.   

As for creamer, I almost exclusively use Coffeemate French vanilla.