The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Your subjects of study

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Hi!
Quite a few members of the Gang of Five are studying at colleges or universities or have done so in the past. I'm somewhat interested in which subjects you study or studied.
My subjects are history and Anglistics / Americanistics (the study of English and American language and culture).

The Dark Patriot

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Me, I've been accepted into the TNET (Telecommunications & Networking Technician) program at the university in town, which starts in September. It's a two-year diploma program, and it should be interesting - I never was that great with the circuitry section of physics, but I did get ~95% on my EAT. I just hope they don't cancel it again, like they did last year. That sucked - especially when there were only three weeks left before the program started...

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm not in college yet, but I do have a list of subjects I want to study.

Psychology
Physics
Mathematics
Neuroscience
Biotechnology
Genetics
Biochemistry

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Mine was (since I'm done with all my studies now) adolescent education in social sciences and history, and special education.  I'm a certified teacher in New York.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm not in university yet. Probably I will study medicins or something psychological.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Of course everyone heard from me about my graduation from culinary school, but I don't think I delved you guys further into it.  I myself learned the basics of culinary arts, including the different styles of cooking, human resources, history, sanitation & safety, guest services, wines & mixology, and financing.  Right now, I'm thinking on getting further into ethnic cuisines and alcohol...as a profession (bartender, wines, & brewing).

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Recreation and Tourism Management ;).  I had wanted to become a medical examiner but changed my mind :p.  The human body totally fascinates me; always has :yes.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I completed college in 2007, studying Industrial Instrumentation Engineering Technology.  I posted the link here because that site explains it better than I probably could. :p
That's actually where I went to college to take the program.

That being said, I am currently seeking employment... <_<

I am set to complete an AutoCAD (computer drafting) training program on the 17th of June.

I'm not an engineer nor drafter at heart, but I have to make a living somehow! :lol

I have to wonder this honestly: How many people out there like their job?  Why does it seem so difficult for me to find a career path that sounds really interesting? :p

I guess I'm just a lost soul.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I have to wonder this honestly: How many people out there like their job? Why does it seem so difficult for me to find a career path that sounds really interesting?

Isn't that the point of the other job topic on page one?